+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
:) Your status updates seems to be going backwards. I was expectingggg after granted it moves to printed status.
I remember someone recently shared that they got printed status 4 working days after getting issued status.

Reactions: AKT

Tamiltdot

May 31, 2018
My timeline
Postal application to BLS Brampton - 10 Feb
Acknowledgement on BLS website - 15 Feb (Processing at Indian Consulate)
Acknowledgement on OCI - 01 Mar (Under Process)

Waiting since most members have mentioned that the status changes on the 21st day. Have booked tickets to India on April 10, hoping to get it prior...

satrajit81

Nov 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
06-05-2020
Do we know what are the timelines for Toronto OCI applications?
I submitted application at BLS Toronto on Feb 11. OCI shows as 'Under Process'.

Do we know which date range people are getting OCIs? Any help - greatly appreciated!

Rana Singh

Feb 17, 2022
My timeline
Postal application to BLS Brampton - 10 Feb
Acknowledgement on BLS website - 15 Feb (Processing at Indian Consulate)
Acknowledgement on OCI - 01 Mar (Under Process)

Waiting since most members have mentioned that the status changes on the 21st day. Have booked tickets to India on April 10, hoping to get it prior...
Should be ok don’t worry you have enough time.

Reactions: Tamiltdot

nivek

Feb 24, 2017
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
11-05-2017
Only at vancover BLS, Toronto and ottawa doesnt allow u to apply together.
didn't know that Vancouver still accepted both SC + OCI application together, has anyone applied recently for both. In that case, when we book an appointment @ BLS, do we choose OCI or SC as the option

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Guys,

For OCI, do we need to self attest all the photo copies (passports, SC, etc)? For minors, do both parents have to attest?

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
Can someone please share their timeline for entry visa application when applied in person at BLS Brampton?

Thanks.

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
didn't know that Vancouver still accepted both SC + OCI application together, has anyone applied recently for both. In that case, when we book an appointment @ BLS, do we choose OCI or SC as the option
There is no option for SC. Its either, Passport, Visa or OCI. SC falls under Passport.
I would select OCI, since technically they will have to accept your Surrender since one does not need to have an appointment for SC. However, OCI compulsorily needs an appointment at both Vancouver and Surrey.
So OCI.

Reactions: nivek

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Guys,

For OCI, do we need to self attest all the photo copies (passports, SC, etc)? For minors, do both parents have to attest?
Yes - all self attested.
And for Toronto/Ottawa jurisdictions I have seen that sometimes they make you write "I certify that this is true copy... blah blah". Not applicable for Vancouver jurisdiction.

Don't know about minor.