Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
You should ask someone from that Jurisdiction, @funloving might help you.
There is no option for SC. Its either, Passport, Visa or OCI. SC falls under Passport.
I would select OCI, since technically they will have to accept your Surrender since one does not need to have an appointment for SC. However, OCI compulsorily needs an appointment at both Vancouver and Surrey.
So OCI.
In Vancouver jurisdiction one can submit both the applications together ,i.e. SC and OCI. Regarding appointment, @vvarma is correct. For SC you don't need an appointment but for OCI you for sure need an appointment. Without appointment they don't take OCIs. Keep on look out for appointment on BLS either Vancouver or Surrey.

Wish you luck!

Reactions: nivek

Calgary2020

Apr 1, 2020
Hi everone,
I have a problem here. I booked for my passport surender under passport and oci appoinment under visa for two weeks later in BLS Calgary. the call crntre says they wont let me in if i have booked under wrong section.
Anybody else who made the appoinment under similar circumstance please guide

B.M

Mar 19, 2022
Calgary
just an update.. applied for OCI for minor on 5th October walk-in got the oci on 2nd nov.

BLS=Calgary
jurisdiction=Vancover
OCI printed = 26th oct
Purolator delivery = 2nd nov.
Do we need an appointment for BLS Calgary or can just walk-in? How long it takes to get an appointment with BLS? TIA

tfox72

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
If Vancouver accept SC + OCI together why Toronto and Ottawa can't
That is the decision of Consulate General India in Toronto. Which means, its the decision of Indian govt. They refused to
accept simultaneous applications in their consular camp too, which means its not a BLS decision.

Reactions: vvarma

Ramp111315

Nov 6, 2020
Hi I submitted through BLS montreal and have akgt date in and around Feb 19 and nothing is updated in the OCI website..I am worried now as I have to travel on April 6 and still nothing ..
Anyone who got their oci recently from Ottawa jurisdiction please share your timeline..
Thanks.. appreciated

loonytunes

Mar 18, 2022
Brampton peeps how much does BLS charge for a photocopy? the charged me $5 for 1 photocopy for a document that wasn't even required for entry visa. says service charge on receipt but I thought the bus charge was included in 113 total.. Ended up paying $118.82 than 113.82 mentioned on the site. Can't tell if it was for that passport cover that I refused or for photocopy

Rendezvous70

Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/12/2014
Doc's Request.
DD encashed - 14/02/2015
Nomination.....
08/03/2015
AOR Received.
15/04/2015
IELTS Request
submitted with the file
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 / TLU - 06/06/2015
Interview........
DM Update - 01/08/2015
Passport Req..
07/08/2015
VISA ISSUED...
20/08/2015
LANDED..........
April 2016
Hello Folks,

Just wanted to share the new update I checked today. I didnt opt for courier services, does the below update means that it is already reached brampton BLS.
If not, then what will be the next update ?

File Reference Number
Date Of Acknowledgment25-FEB-2022
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn22-MAR-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn22-MAR-2022
Document received AtTORONTOOn22-MAR-2022

Reactions: ironsheikthelegend

SHIVAAY

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Guys for OCI minors.. do we have extra checklist?

Also, what pages does the minor needs to do the thumb impression? Also, does every backup page requires thumb print of the minor as self attestation?

Thanks

Reactions: loonytunes

nivek

Feb 24, 2017
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
11-05-2017
In Vancouver jurisdiction one can submit both the applications together ,i.e. SC and OCI. Regarding appointment, @vvarma is correct. For SC you don't need an appointment but for OCI you for sure need an appointment. Without appointment they don't take OCIs. Keep on look out for appointment on BLS either Vancouver or Surrey.

Wish you luck!
thanks @funloving for the details. so, since u are based out of Vancouver, did u apply for both SC +OCI together because I see in a later post that you have already got ur SC. And for booking appointments at Surrey , based on a previous post from @vvarma,there are new slots open between 7-7.30pm PST every day, I am hoping to get an appointment during this window.

Tamiltdot

May 31, 2018
Question to all, for the OCI, does the change from 'Under Process' to 'Processed and Documents printed' happen during the North American or Indian working hours in the OCI gov website?

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Hi everone,
I have a problem here. I booked for my passport surender under passport and oci appoinment under visa for two weeks later in BLS Calgary. the call crntre says they wont let me in if i have booked under wrong section.
Anybody else who made the appoinment under similar circumstance please guide
The call center just wants you to not go for in-person submissions and instead take their world famous "super-cheap-practically-free" Purolator services! Take it with a pinch of salt!

Don't worry, you should be good. Calgary BLS comes under Vancouver CGI, so you can submit both SC + OCI together on your 1st scheduled appointment under Passport. I have seen from this forum that they really don't care under which slot your appointment was booked for, they just need an appointment for OCI submissions.

Last edited: