+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Swathi1990

Mar 21, 2022
Yes finally today got my OCI card.
you will get yours in next two days because in the next step, status will change to “passport ready for collection after OCI stamping “ and then on the next day, your tracking number will be displayed on bls website
Hi kaurpreet,
I have applied for OCI for my newborn. The date of acknowledgement on CGI is March 1st, 2022 and showing the status as under process. It's under BLS Toronto jurisdiction. When can I expect the OCI card to reach us. We have travel on April 24,2022

Wollongong

Mar 14, 2022
They charged $170 for surrender certificate. Is it a correct amount ? they haven't provide any breakdown details . i am confused why they charged $170

Last edited:

dhanadhan

Mar 22, 2022
They charged $170 for surrender certificate. Is it correct a amount ? they haven't provide any breakdown details . i am confused why they charged $170
Yes, they charged my parents about the same amount. Take a look at the breakdown below. There is also some ridiculous shipping fees they charged.

SERVICEFEES IN CAD$
Surrender FeeConsular FeeBLS Service FeeTotal Fee
Indian citizens acquiring any foreign citizenship after 1 June, 201011937.4129.40

Wollongong

Mar 14, 2022
Yes, they charged my parents about the same amount. Take a look at the breakdown below. There is also some ridiculous shipping fees they charged.

Surrender FeeConsular FeeBLS Service FeeTotal Fee
SERVICEFEES IN CAD$
Indian citizens acquiring any foreign citizenship after 1 June, 201011937.4129.40
Thank you, so i guess they charged $40 extra for shipping then. I checked purolator they actually charging $40.26 for ground shipping (Express Envelope) it's a rip off for local address.

Last edited:

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadians are NOT eligible for Indian e-visa. Please stay away from the fake message and fraud website link posted above by "katherineccombs"

Reactions: Mishti

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What time are the timeslots for Brampton released for the next day? Is it 7-7.30pm EDT the previous day?
That information is buried on this very thread - somewhere in the last week of Feb/beginning of March. You will need to really dig through the posts. That info was also also released by CGI Toronto on their FB and Twitter pages around that period. One of our helpful forum member had pointed that out.
I also searched for this info but could not find on CGI Toronto's FB & Twitter. Will search within this thread now.

Reactions: vvarma

Rendezvous70

Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/12/2014
Doc's Request.
DD encashed - 14/02/2015
Nomination.....
08/03/2015
AOR Received.
15/04/2015
IELTS Request
submitted with the file
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 / TLU - 06/06/2015
Interview........
DM Update - 01/08/2015
Passport Req..
07/08/2015
VISA ISSUED...
20/08/2015
LANDED..........
April 2016
Hello Folks,

I got a new update on my OCI application.

I applied at BLS Brampton on Feb 10, 2022 and the date of ack at MEA was Feb 25. I opted to collect by myself so didnt pay any courier charges. Does anyone know how much time it takes for the OCI to be received by BLS BRAMPTON.

Date Of Acknowledgment25-FEB-2022

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn22-MAR-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Reactions: ironsheikthelegend

ms453

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
I am in the midst of applying for SC and see contradictory information:

On the BLS Toronto checklist it says we need to submit copy of Canadian passport but later down in the same PDF it says copy and original is required (https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist-and-Information-Booklet-for-Surrender-Certificate.pdf). CGI Toronto website says we need to submit only copy (https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/surrender-certificate/).

Has anyone been through this process and could share their experience? Did you give only a copy of your Canadian passport and have your application approved?

Please note my application has to go through post. I am wary of giving my Canadian passport if it's not necessary.
Bumping up the same post hoping for a response from my fellow community :)

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
I am in the midst of applying for SC and see contradictory information:

On the BLS Toronto checklist it says we need to submit copy of Canadian passport but later down in the same PDF it says copy and original is required (https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist-and-Information-Booklet-for-Surrender-Certificate.pdf). CGI Toronto website says we need to submit only copy (https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/surrender-certificate/).

Has anyone been through this process and could share their experience?
You don't have to submit your original canadian passport for SC.

Reactions: Swappy and ms453