+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

ironsheikthelegend

Star Member
Dec 21, 2021
It is still suspended for Canada and UK. I wonder what the problem is now because special travel restrictions for those arriving from India have been removed for a few days now. Previously Canada and UK nationals along with US and Japan nationals were allowed to stay in India for 180 days per visit but the rule just says USA and Japan now.
They probably will allow E-Visa for canada and UK soon too. I believe it was a move in response to crazy pcr testing requirements from Canada (you can only get it done in one specific in Delhi airport).

tm.bilal

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
BLS didn't accept my OCI application due to marriage certificate not available, I have spouse name mentioned in both passports (Indian), still they are asking for it. At the time of my marriage I didn't registered it. Does anyone had similar issue and how it got resolved ?

ironsheikthelegend

Star Member
Dec 21, 2021
A humble request to few ppl who find politics in everything, please leave this group only to discuss about oci application and its process please. Nothing is going to resolve these problems if you just post on this forum...
Thanks
Well said. It is hard as it is to navigate through the messages here to look for information regarding OCI.

Reactions: deepax

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Good luck for tomorrow with BLS. I believe that you will get your OCI and SC done tomorrow.
Thank you. I finally got my Passport in hand today. Such a long journey! Anyways, I will be gatecrashing BLS first thing tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed.

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
For oci walk in application, do we need to take draft of 345 for each application or we can pay by card?

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
For oci walk in application, do we need to take draft of 345 for each application or we can pay by card?
They don't accept credit card. Only draft and debit cards.

indigonation5

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
I did complete the online form and even have the bank draft ready with me, just waiting for my SC. I would suggest complete the online form, upload the photo, digital sign and other supporting documents. Then if possible walk in and submit.
Good point. @dineshrehab @Hot2Cold @vivek.89 @to_munda

I have two questions please on the OCI application.

1. In Part-A, they ask for Passport Details which I figured would be the Canadian Passport details, but then there is this one field in that section that is asking for "Previous Passport Number". Do we put the Indian (Surrendered) Passport number there?
I looked at the "Step-by-Step" guide that they have mentioned in the NEW checklist -
https://www.hciottawa.gov.in/pdf/Step-wise-process-for-OCI-application-new.pdf

and there is a bubble shown pointing to this entire section (on Page 3) mentioning to put Indian Passport Details for this ENTIRE section - which is so confusing and wrong? OR, is that bubble ONLY meant for the "Previous Passport Number" field?

2. For the photo requirements, they mention it has to have light colour background (not white). By this do they mean -
a. Some yellow or other coloured background except white? OR,
b. they mean that a light should be shining in the background (like how some studios turn on a light in the background behind as a screen - which worked for Canadian Passport and Surrender Application in my case)

==
BTW, my status today shows as "Surrender certificate has been printed" on Passport Seva website.
BLS Tracking is as - "Processing at Consulate General"

richieP

Mar 8, 2022

1. In Part-A, they ask for Passport Details which I figured would be the Canadian Passport details, but then there is this one field in that section that is asking for "Previous Passport Number". Do we put the Indian (Surrendered) Passport number there?
I looked at the "Step-by-Step" guide that they have mentioned in the NEW checklist -

and there is a bubble shown pointing to this entire section (on Page 3) mentioning to put Indian Passport Details for this ENTIRE section - which is so confusing and wrong? OR, is that bubble ONLY meant for the "Previous Passport Number" field?

2. For the photo requirements, they mention it has to have light colour background (not white). By this do they mean -
b. they mean that a light should be shining in the background (like how some studios turn on a light in the background behind as a screen - which worked for Canadian Passport and Surrender Application in my case)

==
BTW, my status today shows as "Surrender certificate has been printed" on Passport Seva website.
Hey there,
Can you please share your timeline regarding your surrender certificate? as Mine is stuck on "Available for issuance " for almost two weeks now.
Thanks in advance, and I will also have the same same questions as you for OCI so will keep an eye for your post for reply :)

Ramp111315

Nov 6, 2020
Applied OCI at BLS Ottawa
OCI acknowledged at high commission 15 Feb 2022
Processed at Delhi. 15 March 2022
Dispatch from Delhi. 16 March 2022 Document received Ottawa empty
Anyone can tell how long it take to get OCI as we have travel to India on 23 March 2022
Thanks
Hi Mann123- I also have same timelines as yours .Ottawa Date of Acknowledgement is 19 Feb 2022, and there is no update for me as it still says Under process at https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury .
Where did you verify dispatch from Delhi and other details? Is it same URL as above or is there something else to verify the latest status on OCI.
Please let me know. Thanks

Mishti

Mar 22, 2016
To all the people who are wondering about the status of their SC not being updated for days:
Guys, just relax!! As on the website it says that it will take 6-8 weeks to complete the process!
So, why aggravate/ stress yourself and get anxiety attacks for no reason??
You don't need to check the status everyday!
Either you will get the SC during that period, or you will get notification if anything is wrong!
Just take a chill pill!
Cheers!
Where does it say 6-8 weeks for Surrender certificate? 6-8 weeks is for OCI. For SC it is 3-4 weeks. I initially didn’t check and wasted about 2 weeks in sending pending documen. The tracker remark says check your application regularly.

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022

==

Q1. Yes Previous passport number - Indian passport number
Q2. I have white background bro, they accepted it for surrender certificate. Lets see, I guess they will ask me take another pic when I go for OCI. Just use light background ( remember the photo u upload must match the one u present while u submit).
Can share the timeline of the SC?
@richieP

Reactions: richieP