+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

richieP

Mar 8, 2022
My Surrender certificate tracker says "surrender certificate has been printed".

What does that mean, does it mean they are ready to ship it? How much time does it take from this step? The BLS has charged me for a return shipping, $33, I hope they do actually send via post rather than asking me to collect it from BLS.

The BLS website says that the certificate is "In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre"

Thanks,
Hello there,
Can you please share your timeline about when did you applied and exactly how many days does it take you to get that status?
Thanks

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Can you please link of Passport Portal to look at the status of Surrender Certificate
https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html

It's the same site you use to create the application. Once you login, wait a few seconds and you will see all your applications at the bottom of the page. Select an application, and you will see a button that says "Track Application Status". Click on that to see the status.

Reactions: dineshrehab

adish jain

Star Member
May 9, 2015
For BLS Brampton: Can you book 2 appointments under VISA category and complete the process of surrendering your passport and applying for OCI on the same day?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Online. I don't know the exact time when they release but it's between 8:30 - 9 am. I typically looked at 8:40ish using different categories and always saw many. I think they look at cancellations, extra capacity, etc. every day. Hope it helps.
Just to confirm, you are referring to this URL for appointment booking? https://www.blsindia-canada.com/appointmentbls/appointment.php

I tried for almost 45 minutes today, but no appointment were available. Just wanted to confirm that I am not doing anything wrong.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For BLS Brampton: Can you book 2 appointments under VISA category and complete the process of surrendering your passport and applying for OCI on the same day?
I noticed this text on their website today (I don't remember if it was there earlier) - "Applications for Visa and Passport Surrender at Bldg#60, All other applications at Bldg#40 Gillingham Drive, Brampton, ON."

Not sure if it will change the way they were working so far.

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
Just to confirm, you are referring to this URL for appointment booking? https://www.blsindia-canada.com/appointmentbls/appointment.php

I tried for almost 45 minutes today, but no appointment were available. Just wanted to confirm that I am not doing anything wrong.
You will need to check every now and then. Speaking from personal experience, I remember I cancelled 2 of my family appointments due change of plans and those slots opened up as available immediately after I cancelled. Good luck.

Reactions: softwaretesting

adish jain

Star Member
May 9, 2015
I noticed this text on their website today (I don't remember if it was there earlier) - "Applications for Visa and Passport Surrender at Bldg#60, All other applications at Bldg#40 Gillingham Drive, Brampton, ON."

Thanks!

BNS007

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018

Yes. I noticed it yesterday.

Though I went for OCI so I was in the usual office, they were sending people coming for Visa applications to other building next to Rona. I guess this reflects the post few folks shared regarding the opening of other office in Brampton.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is the same thing that happened with me as well, they transfer the call but instead it disconnects. My status still shows the old application and ‘returned’. Hopefully our files will be updated soon.

Pathetic customer service, I dont know why they are still contracted as agents for the CIG, we should all sign a petition to have them removed and replaced with someone else like VFS with whom tracking etc is at least consistent.
Another day and no update to the online tracker, still showing the old application details.

Looks like our files are sitting collecting dust at B(L)S

Rana Singh

Feb 17, 2022
[/QUOT Depends on their requirements it was you cannot apply oci without surrender certificate unless they changed rules.

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
India restores e-tourist visa for 156 countries, but Alas! not for Canada yet.

link

• Sad
Reactions: vvarma