Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
You can apply both surrender passport and entry visa at same time. Your entry visa application and Surender passport both will complete simultaneously so no need to wait for 3-4 weeks for entry visa.
It can take up to 10-15 days to see the update on the BLS tracker. I am in the same boat. Application resubmitted 9th March.

Yes 2 months from now more or less
Yes, applying together is an option (which the above friends have not used for reasons known to them), but doesn't that mean the visa will come late than the usual processing time mentioned in order to compensate for the longer surrender process to be over?

tfox72

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
Yes, applying together is an option (which the above friends have not used for reasons known to them), but doesn't that mean the visa will come late than the usual processing time mentioned in order to compensate for the longer surrender process to be over?
I applied for both together and was told that visa will come first (in 8-12 days).

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
I applied for both together and was told that visa will come first (in 8-12 days).
Thanks for sharing your experience. So it does confirm that visa will come first and surrender certificate (and cancelled passport) will come later.

This is challenging if one leaves Canada soon after obtaining the visa and there is no one behind to collect the rest.

Mishti

Mar 22, 2016
It can take up to 10-15 days to see the update on the BLS tracker. I am in the same boat. Application resubmitted 9th March.

Yes 2 months from now more or less
Thank you Royce110. The second time I printed only the application and sent it with a cover letter Because all other documents were withheld at BLS

Mishti

Mar 22, 2016
Anyone recently applied for Entry Visa? Please share the time frame.
i heard that Evisa might open soon. Any thoughts?

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Royce110. The second time I printed only the application and sent it with a cover letter Because all other documents were withheld at BLS
YW.

re. Your returned application, that is strange since my entire application was returned to me along with the passport and documents.

monarchV

May 30, 2018
When mailing in the application for passport surrender do we need to include the ORIGINAL OATH certificate, COPR (landing paper) and Candian passport ?

I don't know I am very concerned to submit the Candian originals. Is this a MUST ? Is it same procedure if we do a walk-in ?

Reactions: akhil5293

monarchV

May 30, 2018
Dear friends,

Any recent applicant applied via Purolator at BLS Ottawa(location Montreal). They were sitting on my documents since Feb 23 and updted on March 9th only after escalating to IHC and their escalation management.

Now the status shows in BLS portal Under Process. Please let me know when can i expect the orginals back ?
Did you submit all of these originals ?
- Indian passports
- Oath certificate
- COPR
- Canadian passport

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,

1. My family will be traveling to India for 2 months in June-end. Our oath ceremony is also expected in April-end, so we will roughly have 2 months for all the next steps. Since passport surrender & OCI will itself take ~2 months what are other options available for us to travel? Are entry visas for 6 months validity being given to persons of Indian Origin these days?

2. Other option is to postpone oath till September, when they return back. Will IRCC accept postponing oath ceremony with travel plan as reason?

3. What is the minimum time I should plan for steps after oath (Citizenship Certificate (Mississauga office), Canadian Passport, Indian Visa etc)?

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Hi friends,

1. My family will be traveling to India for 2 months in June-end. Our oath ceremony is also expected in April-end, so we will roughly have 2 months for all the next steps. Since passport surrender & OCI will itself take ~2 months what are other options available for us to travel? Are entry visas for 6 months validity being given to persons of Indian Origin these days?

2. Other option is to postpone oath till September, when they return back. Will IRCC accept postponing oath ceremony with travel plan as reason?

3. What is the minimum time I should plan for steps after oath (Citizenship Certificate (Mississauga office), Canadian Passport, Indian Visa etc)?
don't ever postpone oath ceremony, no one knows when you will receive another invite.
Book appointment with BLS now for some date in MAy. Apply for surrender and Entry visa together.
Entry visa comes within 7 to 10 days.
Come back and apply OCI.

Reactions: softwaretesting

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
don't ever postpone oath ceremony, no one knows when you will receive another invite.
Book appointment with BLS now for some date in MAy. Apply for surrender and Entry visa together.
Entry visa comes within 7 to 10 days.
Come back and apply OCI.
This response syncs with my previous question. If the Entry Visa comes within 7-10 days, the Surrender certificate and the cancelled passport will be mailed to your Canadian address after you leave I guess. In case your Entry visa is for 1 year and you plan on staying in India for that duration, how can one then apply for OCI? This becomes especially tricky if you are living on a rental, and terminate your lease when you travel. Can the BLS/CGI deliver the Surrender certificate and the cancelled passport to you in India?

vivek.89

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
When mailing in the application for passport surrender do we need to include the ORIGINAL OATH certificate, COPR (landing paper) and Candian passport ?

I don't know I am very concerned to submit the Candian originals. Is this a MUST ? Is it same procedure if we do a walk-in ?
No need to submit original oath certi, copr and cdn passport. just original indian passport is required. everything else send a photocopy.

csardal

Mar 15, 2019
Just to Update:

Jan 28th Walkin Brampton - OCI
Feb 18th ACK - CGI
Mar 11th - Document Printing Processed
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) - Awaiting Update

Expecting a Week?
Hi, Have you received it yet? We have submitted on 4th Feb through walk in at brampton location. Status is still "Processing at consulate general". Shows ACK on Feb 24th. Wondering how many more days it will take.