OCI process

rp12343

Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Brother/Sister, I can only say that I understand how you feel as I am also a victim of the same. If you go back 3-4 pages or click on my username and read my posts you will understand what I am talking about.
Yeah i checked it. But question is how much I'm supposed to pay and dor what service (courier part of it).?
And what are the unnecessary fees they are charging without even asking for?

Do those passport covers they charfe you for? How much? Agent said no to me

Do they charge us for the envelopes or cover they bring with Purolator?

As far as i know
Pick-up for 2 application together is 40 plus
Drop off is 30 for each application. That adds up to $100.
(They are not asking for original documents with application at toronto jurisdiction . So no dropp off fees for returning original documents )

So the extra 30 to 60 dollars towards what?

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Yeah i checked it. But question is how much I'm supposed to pay and dor what service (courier part of it).?

As far as i know
(They are not asking for original documents with application at toronto jurisdiction . So no dropp off fees for returning original documents )

Extra 30 or 60 is the tip u pay for their excellent service. Dint you get the memo?

redindian22

Mar 22, 2010
Hi,

A small query regarding filling up OCI online application, my mothers name in my Indian passport only has her given name but my mothers name in her passport has given and surname included.
So while filling up OCI online application shall I use the name from my mothers passport or just the name as mentioned in my passport,.
As per cgi website it says "
  • All the personal particulars / data entries of the OCI application should match with the current Passport. The name of parents & spouse should match as mentioned in their Indian Passport.
Any information on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

to_munda

Feb 13, 2022
Hi,

A small query regarding filling up OCI online application, my mothers name in my Indian passport only has her given name but my mothers name in her passport has given and surname included.
So while filling up OCI online application shall I use the name from my mothers passport or just the name as mentioned in my passport,.
As per cgi website it says "
  • All the personal particulars / data entries of the OCI application should match with the current Passport. The name of parents & spouse should match as mentioned in their Indian Passport.
Any information on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Your answer is right there!!
"The name of parents & spouse should match as mentioned in their Indian Passport."

Last edited:

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
My surrender application changed to "Processing at Consulate General" and the OCI application still says "under process"

Reactions: dineshrehab

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ans - nobody knows what the actual fees is for postal. People including myself have paid $80 to $93 sometimes more for the postal application.

The official fee on their website for surrender is $124 something (excluding postal)

Ans - I dont remember being charged separately for this, but I dont know if this is included in their hidden cost of postal. I was not provided a breakdown.

Ans - No, the charge is included. Purolator gave me a envelope when I asked for it.

As far as i know
Refer Ans #1

Ans - Good luck arguing with them for that. When people tried asking them they either hung up or stopped responding to queries and started acting dumb or transferred the call to someone else who never picked up or the call disconnected.
See my answers in red above

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016

xlnc7

Dec 10, 2015
NOC Code......
A-1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
Just received my OCI card today. I applied on 26 January and received on 12 March.
Date of issue mentioned on the card is 8 Mar 2022 but there is no expiry date mentioned.

so till when my card and oci status is valid?

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just received my OCI card today. I applied on 26 January and received on 12 March.
Date of issue mentioned on the card is 8 Mar 2022 but there is no expiry date mentioned.

so till when my card and oci status is valid?
99 years I believe, I could be wrong