+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I am about to apply for OCI. It asks for a letter with Applicants Professional Details. Now my employer is ready to give an employment verification letter. But since our entire company has shifted to work from home, they can only provide a soft copy of the letter. (Basically a pdf with HR sign attached). How do I submit this letter? Do Include a color print out and submit this ? Or i print and put my sign to make it self-attested ?
I got the same soft copy... just upload the pdf when you submit the document online..
when you submit the application at BLS take a printout of the letter you received (color or b/w is fine). Self attest it...
You will see at the counter BLS will return the document back to you :)

Reactions: phoenix232

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
I got the same soft copy... just upload the pdf when you submit the document online..
when you submit the application at BLS take a printout of the letter you received (color or b/w is fine). Self attest it...
You will see at the counter BLS will return the document back to you :)
Thanks for sharing your experience @abbas.pasha . I will do just like how you suggested.

Reactions: abbas.pasha

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
But I believe if I'm sending postal application, I would be paying courier charges online on the link BLS people send me right.
I submitted postal before I did a Walk - in and it was returned as I made one single draft for BLS fee and CGI fee.
These should be 2 different draft ( if you are sending it via post ). 345 and 7.40

Courier charges are extra which is separate from these. I would recommend to do it as a separate transaction by either calling BLS or there's a section where you can pay online for both ways courier.

Note : For walk -in BLS gave back the draft for their fee i.e the 7.40 since they preferred cash / debit

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013

The cancellations stamp will be marked on the page besides the bio page. So scan and print the bio page and the cancellation page next to it...
So do they need photocopy of both first and last page where it says Canceled on acquiring Canadian citizenship? Anyways, I'm going to send photocopy of first and last page of canceled Indian passport right. In addition to first and last page of Indian passport, do they need photocopy of the canceled stamps on first and last page? Can you please explain more clearly and precisely?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
So do they need photocopy of both first and last page where it says Canceled on acquiring Canadian citizenship? Anyways, I'm going to send photocopy of first and last page of canceled Indian passport right. In addition to first and last page of Indian passport, do they need photocopy of the canceled stamps on first and last page? Can you please explain more clearly and precisely?

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, has anyone walked in to BLS Toronto or Brampton branch since walk-ins resumed from Feb 1? I'm planning to walk in. So I want to ask if I walk in, do I still need to make any demand draft or can pay by debit or cash? What are the fees for walk-in?

Also for OCI, can we walk in to Toronto or Brampton branch?

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Hi, has anyone walked in to BLS Toronto or Brampton branch since walk-ins resumed from Feb 1? I'm planning to walk in. So I want to ask if I walk in, do I still need to make any demand draft or can pay by debit or cash? What are the fees for walk-in?

Also for OCI, can we walk in to Toronto or Brampton branch?
Someone mentioned that for OCI there are no walk-ins and you still need to book an appointment. Let me find their post if I can.

Reactions: Jetrocker

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
I'm asking do they need a separate photocopy of 1st and last Canceled stamp page with the SC paper in addition to the photocopy of 1st and last Indian passport pages?
wouldn't the first page show "canceled" stamp as well if you scan it ?

even if the canceled stamp doesn't show, you would still be submitting the surrender certificate. along with 1st n last page.

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Someone mentioned that for OCI there are no walk-ins and you still need to book an appointment. Let me find their post if I can.
Ok sure, it would be greatly appreciated if you can please let me know once you find out. But I called BLS and they said walk-ins for OCI are open for Toronto.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Ok sure, it would be greatly appreciated if you can please let me know once you find out. But I called BLS and they said walk-ins for OCI are open for Toronto.
Ok so in this weather you wanna go and queue up outside the BLS office in Toronto ?
Book an appointment using the Visa option and go and submit your OCI (please dont ask a question kya ye possible hain ke nahin)

• Haha
Reactions: phoenix232

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Ye wala bhai bahut sawal karta hai. Canada visa ka ChatGPT bana diya :)
I thought of writing this earlier but did not want to upset him... but he can change his profile name to questionbanksatish ;)
agar ye bidu ChatGPT se takragaya to ChatGPT ne yaa to suicide karlena hain anyatha sanyas lelena hain Northwest Territories main (ab India ke mountaineering visa alag se lena padenga naa) :D

Last edited: