File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-09-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
14-05-2017
No nothing on Canada passport. Canada passport stayed with me during the entire process. It is all done now.
Thanks and Congratulations !!!

mohd000

May 21, 2013
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
Doc's Request.
29-11-2013 RCMP;3-03-2014 MARRIAGE QUESTIONARE
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
request to change vo for spouse
LANDED..........
11-08-2014
OCI
Acknowledgement -8th Dec
Vancouver
Document Printing in process

I sent my application on 29th Nov

What is the processing time for oci application

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Hi All,

My daughter is a Canadian Citizen staying in india with Grandparents for past 4 months.
She has an Indian Visitor visa valid for one year.( up to July 2019)

As per Indian Visitor visa rules, she can stay in india for 6 months in a stretch. ( up to February 2019)

We planned to keep her with grandparents for one more year.

So we filed OCI and she will get it before February ( before 6 months in Visitor visa).

Do we (parents) need to go to India and re enter my daughter in OCI to India ? or whether she can stay after Feb as long as she has a valid OCI .

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!
I like to ask some questions regarding this.
1. Did you apply oci for your daughter in canada or in india?.
2. If in canada did you apply before she left to India or after she left to India

So your child entered as a tourist to India but she will be exiting as a OCI holder. until they update their records in the immigration after 6 months since you got visa in july2018 she can stay up to jan2019 (i suppose) after that she will be illegal there.I am not sure how to transfer from tourist to oci with out coming back.

If you find any information please share

visit

Star Member
Dec 25, 2011
Hello All,

We are waiting for our Canadian passport - expected by Dec 15h. But, we have a travel in end of Jan to India. We definitely don't have time to apply for OCI - we are thinking of taking Visa . But, do I need to surrender Indian passport to take the Visa ? I am concerned that if the surrender takes longer time then, it will impact of Visa time as well. Anyone who has gone through process before, please provide your input.

Thanks

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Hello All,

We are waiting for our Canadian passport - expected by Dec 15h. But, we have a travel in end of Jan to India. We definitely don't have time to apply for OCI - we are thinking of taking Visa . But, do I need to surrender Indian passport to take the Visa ? I am concerned that if the surrender takes longer time then, it will impact of Visa time as well. Anyone who has gone through process before, please provide your input.

Thanks
If you take one year visit visa to india no questions asked. If you take e-visa for 30 days also same i think

canadatryingguy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2009
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-11-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - 24-11-2016 & AOR 2 - 19-12-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-09-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
14-05-2017
Hello All,

Thanks
I got Canadian passport on Friday. Applied for evisa on Saturday. Received evisa approval on Sunday. Applied for Indian passport renunciation on Monday and OCI on Tuesday.

No need to submit Canadian passport in any of the step. But, need to submit Indian passport for Indian passport-renunciation. But, you will have evisa approval within 18 hours. So, you will be good to go. Renunciation process takes 2 weeks and evisa takes 18 hours.

mr.maple

May 31, 2014
I like to ask some questions regarding this.
1. Did you apply oci for your daughter in canada or in india?.
2. If in canada did you apply before she left to India or after she left to India

So your child entered as a tourist to India but she will be exiting as a OCI holder. until they update their records in the immigration after 6 months since you got visa in july2018 she can stay up to jan2019 (i suppose) after that she will be illegal there.I am not sure how to transfer from tourist to oci with out coming back.

If you find any information please share
Thanks very much for your response!

1. Did you apply oci for your daughter in canada or in india?. - We applied in Canada
2. If in canada did you apply before she left to India or after she left to India - After she left

So your child entered as a tourist to India but she will be exiting as a OCI holder. - Would there be an immigration check while exiting india ?

am not sure how to transfer from tourist to oci with out coming back. - I think we need to do a flag pole - Go to border and re enter with OCI. Is there any way to extend tourist Visa ?

visit

Star Member
Dec 25, 2011
I got Canadian passport on Friday. Applied for evisa on Saturday. Received evisa approval on Sunday. Applied for Indian passport renunciation on Monday and OCI on Tuesday.

No need to submit Canadian passport in any of the step. But, need to submit Indian passport for Indian passport-renunciation. But, you will have evisa approval within 18 hours. So, you will be good to go. Renunciation process takes 2 weeks and evisa takes 18 hours.
Thanks for your response. Is E-Visa given for all ? I am wondering E-visa is granted only for specific purpose -- Our visit is for family event..can we go for E-visa for that purpose ?

Thanks,

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Thanks very much for your response!

1. Did you apply oci for your daughter in canada or in india?. - We applied in Canada
2. If in canada did you apply before she left to India or after she left to India - After she left

So your child entered as a tourist to India but she will be exiting as a OCI holder. - Would there be an immigration check while exiting india ?

am not sure how to transfer from tourist to oci with out coming back. - I think we need to do a flag pole - Go to border and re enter with OCI. Is there any way to extend tourist Visa ?
I didnt heard of any flag pooling in india. but you can try nepal or srilanka but better to approach bls if you re in canada

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
Hi All,

Do we (parents) need to go to India and re enter my daughter in OCI to India ? or whether she can stay after Feb as long as she has a valid OCI .

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!
Do you mean go to "Canada" and re-enter India? I dont think so thats required. As long as she has valid paperwork for that day, she can continue to stay in India as long as she wants. Even if her status expires, there are ways to report and make amends. But lets not get into that for now.

canadatryingguy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2009
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-11-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - 24-11-2016 & AOR 2 - 19-12-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-09-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
14-05-2017
Thanks for your response. Is E-Visa given for all ? I am wondering E-visa is granted only for specific purpose -- Our visit is for family event..can we go for E-visa for that purpose ?

Thanks,
You should fill the evisa form for giggles. See what questions they ask. I remember one of the question is ‘purpose of visit’ and you can get to select from drop-down menu ‘friends and relative’ visit.