+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Hi All,
I'll be applying for OCI soon, but there are no BLS appointments to book in Dec in either Toronto / Brampton location. All other locations are not feasible. Can anyone help with the following questions:

(1) Are Toronto / Brampton location accepting walk-ins?
(2) Is it advisable for appointment slots to open up - say from Jan onwards - OR do I submit postal application?
(3) With postal applications, do we need to submit any original document or self attested copies suffice?

Thanks in advance.
Just answering 3rd as @softwaretesting already answered the rest

3) No need to send any originals, just self attested copies.

Reactions: softwaretesting

Anakh

Nov 5, 2022
Walk In at Toronto BLS - 31-OCT-2022
Date Of Acknowledgment -22-NOV-2022

Date Of Acknowledgment22-NOV-2022
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn13-DEC-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn14-DEC-2022
Document received AtTORONTOOn15- DEC-2022

Dispatched from BLS and Picked up by Purolator - 19-Dec

My DOA is 30-Nov-2002

But still no update

Dimpysimple

Dec 7, 2016
Hello everyone,
Did any one got update my aor is 25th november,
I have travel plan for 27th december not sure if i can make it
Is their any other way to have quick visa???

Janya

Oct 13, 2021
Anyone having issues with status inquiry page when they enter their passport number it changes to something new when you submit? I submitted my walk-in application on November 26 in Toronto and have not got able to check my acknowledgement

tenacioustopanga

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
Anyone having issues with status inquiry page when they enter their passport number it changes to something new when you submit? I submitted my walk-in application on November 26 in Toronto and have not got able to check my acknowledgement
It just takes time, I applied around the same time and only now my record is showing up as "under process".

By the way does anyone know if "under process" means that the documents are already checked or it's still pending?

Janya

Oct 13, 2021
It just takes time, I applied around the same time and only now my record is showing up as "under process".

By the way does anyone know if "under process" means that the documents are already checked or it's still pending?
Is it showing under process in BLS or oci website?
My oci status enquiry website whenever I press submit my passport number changes last minute, any suggestions for that?

ryalla

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019

OCI- Number

will be delivered tomorrow!!

OCI- Number

OCI Delivered - 20 - Dec

Finally the journey is over!!

yashcan06

Apr 5, 2021
Can anyone answer my query? I am in the Toronto area and can I submit my passport Renunciation application and OCI application at the same time? or do I need to apply and wait for Renunciation certificate to arrive and then apply for OCI?

Also , do we have to submit our original Canadian passport or should the photo copies suffice?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone answer my query? I am in the Toronto area and can I submit my passport Renunciation application and OCI application at the same time? or do I need to apply and wait for Renunciation certificate to arrive and then apply for OCI?

Also , do we have to submit our original Canadian passport or should the photo copies suffice?
Can't submit at the same time.

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

Canadian passport is not required to be submitted, only self attested copies are required.
But you need to carry all originals with you as BLS verify these documents
  • Canadian Passport
  • Canadian Citizenship Certificate
  • Indian Passport (this will have to be submitted at BLS and they will return once the SC is issued)
  • Incase of minor original birth certificate

Reactions: yashcan06

charliep40

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Try with a chrome browser on a computer not smart phone