+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

joyboy0056

Dec 16, 2022
Postal application received: 14th October 2022 (Brampton)
Processing at Consulate: 25th October
Date of acknowledgement: 14th November
Processed/Dispatched/Received: 6th December
Counter delivery to BLS after OCI stamping: 10th December
Passport ready for collection after OCI stamping: 10th December
Delivery via Purolator: 13th December
did you send your canadian paspsort with postal application? if yes, did they send it back to you or at the same time of OCI card.. please reply,, thanks

Kkt91

Jun 24, 2020
Hello Everyone,
Below are the timelines of my daughter's OCI application:
Date of Application in BLS site: 28-Nov,
Date of Acknowledgement in OCI site: 15-Dec.

My travel date is 4-Feb. Would like to know the below:
  1. Possibility of the OCI not arriving on time,
  2. Can I apply for Visitor Visa when the OCI is under process?
  3. By when would the originals be returned?
Thanks in advance.
Hopefully you might get your OCI in around 4-5 weeks from acknowledgment date on OCI inquiry page.

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, for new OCI applications, do we need to submit original Canadian passport or only self-attested copies?

Also is there a customer service number for BLS, who can answer my queries over the phone?

Kkt91

Jun 24, 2020
Hi, for new OCI applications, do we need to submit original Canadian passport or only self-attested copies?

Also is there a customer service number for BLS, who can answer my queries over the phone?
For Vancouver jurisdiction I did not sent original. I only sent self attested copies. Not sure for other jurisdictions because document requirement is is different for different jurisdictions.

Reactions: msatishxp

uncommonfriend

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
Hello - I am submitting a postal application with passport (orig + copy), indian passport (orig + copy), citizenship certificate (orig + copy), surrender cert copy, proof of employment copy and address proof copy in addition to 2 drafts and application form - is there anything I need to include? It doesn't mention I need to submit surrender certificate in original - am I correct in that assumption?

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Hello - I am submitting a postal application with passport (orig + copy), indian passport (orig + copy), citizenship certificate (orig + copy), surrender cert copy, proof of employment copy and address proof copy in addition to 2 drafts and application form - is there anything I need to include? It doesn't mention I need to submit surrender certificate in original - am I correct in that assumption?
you actually don't need to submit anything original anymore, just self attested copies.

Reactions: uncommonfriend

Parthpatel2207

Jul 9, 2012
Ontario
Hello, wanted to ask about the COPR requirement for OCI. I have a copy of my COPR but dont have the original with me anymore. Does anyone know if they will ask for original or is the copy sufficient? Asking since I am planning to apply for my OCI in few months.

ryalla

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Walk In at Toronto BLS - 31-OCT-2022
Date Of Acknowledgment -22-NOV-2022

Date Of Acknowledgment22-NOV-2022
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn13-DEC-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn14-DEC-2022
Document received AtTORONTOOn15- DEC-2022

Dispatched from BLS and Picked up by Purolator - 19-Dec

will be delivered tomorrow!!

Reactions: sid8252

shekhar78

Aug 3, 2016
did you send your canadian paspsort with postal application? if yes, did they send it back to you or at the same time of OCI card.. please reply,, thanks
My wife sent her originals (Canadian passport and citizenship cert) along with her postal application. Both were shipped a day after CGI acknowledgement. This is for Toronto.

sayedsameer84

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Hi All,
I'll be applying for OCI soon, but there are no BLS appointments to book in Dec in either Toronto / Brampton location. All other locations are not feasible. Can anyone help with the following questions:

(1) Are Toronto / Brampton location accepting walk-ins?
(2) Is it advisable for appointment slots to open up - say from Jan onwards - OR do I submit postal application?
(3) With postal applications, do we need to submit any original document or self attested copies suffice?

Thanks in advance.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
I'll be applying for OCI soon, but there are no BLS appointments to book in Dec in either Toronto / Brampton location. All other locations are not feasible. Can anyone help with the following questions:

(1) Are Toronto / Brampton location accepting walk-ins?
No
(2) Is it advisable for appointment slots to open up - say from Jan onwards - OR do I submit postal application?
Yes, they will open for Jan.
(3) With postal applications, do we need to submit any original document or self attested copies suffice?
Not sure about this.

Thanks in advance.
My response inline above.

Reactions: sayedsameer84