+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

tenacioustopanga

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
Hi Seniors,

1) After printing forms , do we need to stick the photograph on the form before we submit it to BLS ?
OR
stick the photo in front of the BLS officer ?

2) In case of NOC for OCI for minors , do we need to stick different photos of father and mother
OR
a single photo having both parents together ?
I can only answer 1) - I stuck the photo before, the counter people did not have glue stick with them and I had to go out and buy it and stick myself.

Reactions: cool_wonderful

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
Do I need my 2 month old daughters thumb impression on part b of the printed form ? I'm finding it difficult to get her impression for upload, let alone on the printed form.

pk_2015

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
My status below.

Submitted at Edmonton on 29-Oct-2018

File Acknowledgment Number CANV***
Date Of Acknowledgment 01-NOV-2018
Registration Status at Mission VANCOUVER
Documents Printing Status UNDER-PROCESS

Submitted surrender and OCI app together at Edmonton today.

Here is what I provided.

Online OCI App:
1. Canada Passport bio page
2. India Passport first/last
3. Marriage Certificate

Physical Copies for OCI:
1. Application form with photo
2. Canada passport bio page
3. India passport first and last page
4. Landing Paper notarized copy
5. Citizenship certificate
6. Driving license copy
7. Spouse Canada Passport copy
8. Spouse Landing paper copy

Surrender
1. Completed application form
2. India passport original and first/last copy
3. Citizenship certificate copy
4. Canada passport bio page
5. Driving license copy

All copies self attested (other than the notarized one of course)

Last edited:

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
For those who submitted application for minors where minor was able to sign the application form.. who signed the self attested copy of the supporting documents? Did you got it signed by minor or yourself along with spouse? Please help.

Reactions: mumbai1985

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
For those who submitted application for minors where minor was able to sign the application form.. who signed the self attested copy of the supporting documents? Did you got it signed by minor or yourself along with spouse? Please help.
I've the same question. Bls checklist creates more questions than answers.

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
I am thinking I will sign along with my spouse.. it does not make sense to expect a minor to sign self attestation....then still have a doubt.. Since this is self attestation.. I should sign my copies and my spouse should sign hers... dont know if it is more confusing.. as you rightly pointed out..BLS checklist creates more questions than answers....:(

Dimma

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
I am thinking I will sign along with my spouse.. it does not make sense to expect a minor to sign self attestation....then still have a doubt.. Since this is self attestation.. I should sign my copies and my spouse should sign hers... dont know if it is more confusing.. as you rightly pointed out..BLS checklist creates more questions than answers....:(
Adults applicants shall self attest their documents them-self,
For minor applicants either one parent can attest the minors documents, if that parent applying for OCI along with the child ,
No need to have childs thumb impression on attesting documents.

Last edited:

Dimma

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Do I need my 2 month old daughters thumb impression on part b of the printed form ? I'm finding it difficult to get her impression for upload, let alone on the printed form.
It all required as per process , it should be ok even it looks like small dot , I suggest to use a fingerprint pad.

Last edited:

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
Does bls actually take the checklist along with the application? Or its just for our reference only ? The reason I'm asking is that it has signature on every page. Not sure if they are expecting a thumb impression from minors on every page.

pk_2015

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
Received surrender certificate and cancelled passport today.
My status below.

Submitted at Edmonton on 29-Oct-2018

File Acknowledgment Number CANV***
Date Of Acknowledgment 01-NOV-2018
Registration Status at Mission VANCOUVER
Documents Printing Status UNDER-PROCESS

Toronto456

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
Do we get an email with acknowledgement? I still can not track it on OCI website after one week. On BLS site, it is saying, processing at consulate general. Can someone suggest?

pk_2015

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
Do we get an email with acknowledgement? I still can not track it on OCI website after one week. On BLS site, it is saying, processing at consulate general. Can someone suggest?
Try using reference number you got by email when you completed the OCI online application. That is different than the tracking number you got from bls.

If you can not find the reference number, you can use the lost reference number link on OCI enquiry page to retrieve your reference number.

Reactions: Toronto456

Toronto456

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
Try using reference number you got by email when you completed the OCI online application. That is different than the tracking number you got from bls.

If you can not find the reference number, you can use the lost reference number link on OCI enquiry page to retrieve your reference number.
Thanks, is that starts with CANT? I didn't get any email after submitting online application. Also when I am trying to retrieve it from DOB and passport number, it says, no record found.

pk_2015

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
Thanks, is that starts with CANT? I didn't get any email after submitting online application. Also when I am trying to retrieve it from DOB and passport number, it says, no record found.
I got three tracking numbers in total.

First one was CANVxxxxxN18. Mine is V as I applied for Vancouver. It came by email when I completed the online application. If you have a pdf or printed copy of the application, it should printed on that as well. This one is used to track on OCI site.

Then I got two more while submitting the app at BLS office. One was for the surrender app and was starting with CANV. Other was for the OCI app and was starting with OCIV. Both of these are use to track on BLS site.

Reactions: Toronto456

Toronto456

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
I got three tracking numbers in total.

First one was CANVxxxxxN18. Mine is V as I applied for Vancouver. It came by email when I completed the online application. If you have a pdf or printed copy of the application, it should printed on that as well. This one is used to track on OCI site.

Then I got two more while submitting the app at BLS office. One was for the surrender app and was starting with CANV. Other was for the OCI app and was starting with OCIV. Both of these are use to track on BLS site.
Thanks, I also got all 3 but nothing by email. First one was on application which I have downloaded after completing the online one. Other two are on BLS receipts. I still can not track my application using CANTxxxxxxxxx on below website.
https://ociservices.gov.in/welcome

Are you able to track it on this website? I applied last Thursday so its more than a week.