+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Arman1786

Nov 1, 2022
I have applied for OCI by postal at surrey office and courier was received by them on 18th October 2022 but still there is no update on BLS website.

How long it take for status to be appear on BLS website . I am planning to travel india on 26th Dec 2022.

Thank you.

paul719

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
bc
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-june-2013
AOR Received.
10 july 2013
File Transfer...
10 july 2013
Med's Done....
25 may 2013
Passport Req..
15 aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 4 March 2014
I have applied for OCI by postal at surrey office and courier was received by them on 18th October 2022 but still there is no update on BLS website.

How long it take for status to be appear on BLS website . I am planning to travel india on 26th Dec 2022.

Thank you.
I sent my daughter application and they received on 21oct ,no update

Slowmoving

Star Member
May 13, 2021

Thank you.
Scroll back a few pages in this thread and see my timeline. You have enough time.

T0r0nt022

Apr 7, 2022

Thank you.
Did you send it to Brampton? Assuming it gets added to the BLS site soon, it's going to be about 3 weeks from then for it to be acknowledged by MEA (for Brampton applications). From then on it will take 3.5 weeks to get processed and another week for it to be available at counter for pick-up at BLS and few more days for it to be delivered. Your timeline is going to be tight as you have only 7.5 weeks before your flight. Won't hurt to look into a visa application if you want to avoid any anxious moments. Visa applications used to take 2 to 3 weeks but recently even that has gone up. With the holidays coming up, I won't be surprised if there is a surge in the applications.

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Hey guys,

I was filling in the OCI form online and now I'm highly confused about something.

What passport details should I enter in the second section for "Passport Details"? Is it the old surrendered Indian Passport or the new Canadian passport?

I found some old instructions document on the BLS Canada website which seemed to suggest that it was the old Indian Passport details in that section...
When I spoke to the call centre at BLS, they seemed to suggest that it was the new Canadian passport....

Which one did you guys fill in?

arc203

Oct 28, 2022

Thank you.
Same here. Applied on the 17th for a tourist and surrender. Received by them on the 18th October but no update for the last 16 days as well. Calls to the call centre have been of no use. No way to contact them in the Surrey office either. Not sure If i'll get my visa in time for travel in December. Please share if you get an update.

Slowmoving

Star Member
May 13, 2021
Postal Application received at BLS Surrey: Sept 15th
Processed by Surrey: Sept 28th (after 2 phone calls)

Date Of Acknowledgment 30-SEP-2022
Registration Status at Mission VANCOUVER
OCI- Number ******
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 26-OCT-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On: 29-Oct-2022
Document received At Vancouver On: 29-Oct-2022

BLS Status Update: (Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping) : 01-Nov-2022

Reactions: tenacioustopanga

arc203

Oct 28, 2022
Postal Application received at BLS Surrey: Sept 15th
Processed by Surrey: Sept 28th (after 2 phone calls)

Date Of Acknowledgment 30-SEP-2022
Registration Status at Mission VANCOUVER
OCI- Number ******
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 26-OCT-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On: 29-Oct-2022
Document received At Vancouver On: 29-Oct-2022

BLS Status Update: (Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping) : 01-Nov-2022
Which number did you call ? 778-508-7411 ? I've called them like at least 10 times and nothing seems to be moving even after speaking to them

Slowmoving

Star Member
May 13, 2021
Which number did you call ? 778-508-7411 ? I've called them like at least 10 times and nothing seems to be moving even after speaking to them
Yes, that is the number... you have to ask them for a status update and refuse to let go without an answer... Did not work the first time but worked the second time for me.

and last option, if you have a December travel date, email CGI Vancouver asking to escalate.. their OCI email is on the contact list.

arc203

Oct 28, 2022
Yes, that is the number... you have to ask them for a status update and refuse to let go without an answer... Did not work the first time but worked the second time for me.

and last option, if you have a December travel date, email CGI Vancouver asking to escalate.. their OCI email is on the contact list.
Yeah, I asked 2 people at the centre. One told me the documents were being validated and the other raised a ticket after checking for several minutes and not being able to find a status update contrary to what was mentioned to me earlier. They all seem Clueless

Looks like Ill be trying the last option. Although I don't know if the BLS office has even sent it in yet. So incompetent.

Thanks for the advice. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Slowmoving

T0r0nt022

Apr 7, 2022
Hi seniors..
I applied for OCI on September 15th 2022

What is the status showing on "Counter delivery To BLS after Stamping" means??
It means that your OCI Card has been delivered from Toronto Consulate General Office to the BLS office. The next step is that in the next 2 to 5 days BLS would send the document through Purolator. I see that your date of travel is Dec 3rd. You have plenty of time and there won't be any problem in receiving your OCI before that.

enmolt

Jul 15, 2019
Hello Everyone,

This is a query and I am trying to get some information.

I got my Canadian citizenship in the month of August and got my Canadian passport in October. I am willing to surrender my citizenship but I got my marriage scheduled in India in the month of Jan 2023. I tried to surrender my passport and went to BLS Toronto twice(walk-in waited in the line for hours and at last returned), If I surrender now I am not sure if I will be able to get the OCI by the end of December(travel dates are scheduled for Xmas holidays)

Question 1: Can I travel to India with both passports, I know India allows 3 months of travel in case of emergency but is marriage considered an emergency?

Question 2: What can be the difficulties posed by Indian immigration(except fines), arrival and departure from India

Please do suggest any loopholes. I tried to do everything according to the book, but I am falling late because of an appointment at BLS Toronto.

rajesh_verma_jsr

Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
Doc's Request.
12-05-15 (updated schedule-A for spouse)
Nomination.....
27-11-2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
ECAS updated: 24-01-2015, processing started: 21-01-2015
Med's Request
06-02-2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2015, Medicals Received: 17-02-2015
Interview........
NA (FBI Report reached NDVO: 30-03-2015)
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
September 22nd walk-in applicants to Brampton. Saw updates for my wife's application as processed with OCI number. Me and my son's applications are still in progress.