+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

T0r0nt022

Apr 7, 2022
Today's update -> Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping

Strangely my spouse already received OCI on Friday
That sucks. Its been 11 days since the document was received at Toronto and you still haven't received your OCI.
It's one thing when there is a general delay for everyone. It's another when there are inconsistent timelines such as the one between you and your spouse. Makes it difficult to predict.

Do you mind sharing your spouse's timeline? My application reached the 'Document received at Toronto' status on Oct 28th but on the BLS tracker it still says 'Processing at Consulate General'. My flight is on Nov 12th. I am praying that mine won't take as long as yours. :)

Last edited:

somasun1984

Sep 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Sep-2013
AOR Received.
14-Nov-2013
File Transfer...
29-Oct-2014 (To New Delhi VO)
Med's Request
22-Jul-2014
Med's Done....
20-Aug-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-05-2015
My travel date is Nov 5. And no travel visa. Still waiting for the OCI
Got an update on the BLS Tracker.
"Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping"

Going to BLS Montreal today to see if it is available to pick up in person as I need to travel tomorrow and will not be available to receive the Courier for 2 months.

canadian.2014

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
That sucks. Its been 11 days since the document was received at Toronto and you still haven't received your OCI.
It's one thing when there is a general delay for everyone. It's another when there are inconsistent timelines such as the one between you and your spouse. Makes it difficult to predict.

Do you mind sharing your spouse's timeline? My application reached the 'Document received at Toronto' status on Oct 28th but on the BLS tracker it still says 'Processing at Consulate General'. My flight is on Nov 12th. I am praying that mine won't take as long as yours. :)
Everything is same except that my spouse received it on Friday (28th Oct) and I received it today.

Reactions: T0r0nt022

myindia

Oct 16, 2018

Going to BLS Montreal today to see if it is available to pick up in person as I need to travel tomorrow and will not be available to receive the Courier for 2 months.
I still didn't have an update that it is ready for dispatch. So I just went in and said that I am here to collect OCI and they gave me.

somasun1984

Sep 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Sep-2013
AOR Received.
14-Nov-2013
File Transfer...
29-Oct-2014 (To New Delhi VO)
Med's Request
22-Jul-2014
Med's Done....
20-Aug-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-05-2015

Got the OCI Booklet in person from BLS Montreal bypassing the Puralator courier. They had my OCI booklet already inside the courier envelope but have not created the final shipping label. Good I went today and collected as I am travelling tomorrow. The waiting has come to an end

Reactions: T0r0nt022

ms453

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
Date of ApplicationBLSBy post to BLS BramptonOn07-SEP-2022
Processing at Consulate GeneralBLSBLS Application TrackerOn14-SEP-2022
Date Of AcknowledgmentMEAOCI Status Enquiry(ociservices.gov.in)On30-SEP-2022
Documents Printing StatusMEAPROCESSEDOn25-OCT-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )MEANEW DELHIOn26-OCT-2022
Document received AtMEATORONTOOn26-OCT-2022
Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stampingBLSBLS Application TrackerOn01-NOV-2022
Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stampingBLSBLS Application TrackerOnAwaited

My timeline above. Just received update "Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping".

Should receive the OCI by the end of the week or early next week.

Application sent by post to BLS Brampton. Single applicant living in Toronto. No originals were sent.

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Date of ApplicationBLSBy post to BLS BramptonOn07-SEP-2022
Processing at Consulate GeneralBLSBLS Application TrackerOn14-SEP-2022
Date Of AcknowledgmentMEAOCI Status Enquiry(ociservices.gov.in)On30-SEP-2022
Documents Printing StatusMEAPROCESSEDOn25-OCT-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )MEANEW DELHIOn26-OCT-2022
Document received AtMEATORONTOOn26-OCT-2022
Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stampingBLSBLS Application TrackerOn01-NOV-2022
Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stampingBLSBLS Application TrackerOnAwaited

My timeline above. Just received update "Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping".

Should receive the OCI by the end of the week or early next week.

Application sent by post to BLS Brampton. Single applicant living in Toronto. No originals were sent.
All the best. My status is as follows:

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn27-OCT-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn28-OCT-2022
Document received AtTORONTOOn28-OCT-2022

I am yet to pay them for the drop off service since I live near Windsor. At what point should I pay them?

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016

Not sure what steps they need to take after receiving the document at Toronto. I thought it will be ready for pick up but guess not.

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Hi guys,

Seems like I'd be getting my passport (hopefully tomorrow) almost 5 months after applying, so thought I'd get my OCI process rolling.
I went through the documents & filled in a partial form on the OCI portal, and have a few queries.
So thought I'd list them here -

1. What is the latest timeline for the OCI from Toronto/Brampton look like?
  2. Is there any timeline difference in sending documents through courier / physically submitting?
  3. I saw a checklist somewhere on the BLS website that seemed to suggest that the originals have to also be sent with the application? Is this true? Would a certified copy not suffice?
  4. Further, can I avoid sending the originals if I go to a center to apply instead of Purolator courier?
  5. I have undergone an official name change, so wondering if I have to submit any extra documentation regarding that?
  6. What documents have you guys submitted regarding work experience/employment letter? I'm a self-employed incorporated contractor since day 1 in Canada and am in a fix as to what to submit for this!!
  7. In the passport section of the OCI application form on the website, we fill in our old Indian passport details only, right? There is no space on the form for the new Canadian passport, right? Or am I misinterpreting something on there?
I tried calling BLS for the past couple of days, but I've only always got the hold tone after selecting options on the IVR, and have never been able to speak to an agent. Hours on the phone wasted!

So thought I'd pop my questions here...

nav85.boparai

Nov 1, 2022
Hi everyone. Please share ur experiences with Oci application. What the maximum time it takes.

I applied on September 10thh2022. Postal. And Bls brampton started processing on September 15th 2022.

I am travelling on December 3rd 2022 to India

WILL I BE ABLE TO GET MY OCI ON TIME Or should I apply for Visa??

Date Of Acknowledgment03-OCT-2022
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- NumberA68****
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn26-OCT-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn26-OCT-2022
Document received AtTORONTOOn26-OCT-2022

Document received Toronto 26th Oct
After that how long it will take ??

Please reply.. I'll be thankful

nav85.boparai

Nov 1, 2022
My update for postal application to Brampton (delivered to BLS on 7th September, 2022). Hope it helps for those who are with similar timeline for Toronto office.
Applicant NameXXXXXXXX
File Reference NumberXXXXXXXX
Date OfAcknowledgment3-Oct-22
Registration Status atMissionTORONTO
OCI- NumberXXXXXXXX
Documents PrintingStatusPROCESSEDOn26-Oct-22
Dispatched From MEA(OCI )NEW DELHIOn27-Oct-22
Document received AtTORONTOOn27-Oct-22
My Status is the same as yours.. Any idea how long it will take for Oci??