+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Did you booked an appointment or just went walkin ?
I am trying to check appointment slots online but none available. Any other way to get an appointment ?
I am also looking for Appointment at BLS Brampton Location - 40 Gillingham Dr
Book any appointment type available (visa,passport etc) and try

Reactions: imdsumit

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
My Surrendered Indian passport and my Canadian Passport still shows old surname.
My OCI application too is with my old surname.
i dont forsee any problems with OCI, even for travel should not be problem since everything is matching. most importantly you were not married on date signed for oci application.
but you would have to change your passport and oci later with documentation provided by province.. for OCI its done using miscellaneous request. Before that probably passport would have to be updated as well.

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/toronto_OCI_Miscellaneous_Checklist_Rev_8_0.pdf

https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/oci-renewal-and-updation/

Last edited:

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Can anybody advice, how do I avoid sending original passport and citizenship certificate for applying OCI. Do they allow walk in and return the originals after checking it?
Postal application do not need originals. you can try that
if you want it quickly during submission mostly old indian passport is held. we have not heard anyone being asked to submit citizenship certificate or canadian passport

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
Book any appointment type available (visa,passport etc) and try
Thanks, I was able to book under Visa appointment type.
How are these appointments work. Are these walk-ins instant like can we reach the location 15 minutes prior to the appointment time Or is it like the long queues that starts from early morning that we see at Passport Service locations ?

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Thanks, I was able to book under Visa appointment type.
How are these appointments work. Are these walk-ins instant like can we reach the location 15 minutes prior to the appointment time Or is it like the long queues that starts from early morning that we see at Passport Service locations ?
If you have appointment you need to be present there at the door 10-15 minutes ahead. You will be let in and there is no further/very minimal wait time

Reactions: imdsumit

arbitqubit

Jul 2, 2022
Is there any type of visa we can get soonish? My OCI application has DOA June 1 and still under process. Not sure I’ll get it anytime soon.

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Is there any type of visa we can get soonish? My OCI application has DOA June 1 and still under process. Not sure I’ll get it anytime soon.
entry visa. you should get oci soon. general processing is 3 weeks. ottawa taking bit longer
do you have any travel date?

gsohi2011

May 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
File Transfer...
27-10-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
Postal application do not need originals. you can try that
if you want it quickly during submission mostly old indian passport is held. we have not heard anyone being asked to submit citizenship certificate or canadian passport
Thats a great thing to hear, I donot know why the bls website document checklist mentions to send original passport and citizenship certificate in the mail.

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
If you have appointment you need to be present there at the door 10-15 minutes ahead. You will be let in and there is no further/very minimal wait time
Thanks for the info.
There is one problem I see, I booked appointment for Visa type, and the appointment location I got is 60 Gillingham Dr, Brampton, that is different from what I think OCI appointments are at, that is 40 Gillingham Dr.

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
My Surrendered Indian passport and my Canadian Passport still shows old surname.
My OCI application too is with my old surname.

• These Misc services can be availed for re-issuance of OCI Card as well as updating the information time to time as mentioned in the MHA notification dated 16th April, 2021. The re-issuance of new OCI card will be applicable for following categories:
    1. In case of issuance of new passport (once a new passport is issued after completing 20 years of age.)
    2. In case of change of personal particulars viz. name, father's name, nationality etc.
    3. In case of loss/damage of OCI registration certificate.
In your case Option 2 applicable . If your Canadian Passport has the old Surname, you may need to request for a new passprot (Canadian ), Not sure if they question to change the Citizenship certificate too.

I legally changed my name. How do I change the name on my citizenship certificate or card?
To change the name on an application in progress
To change the name on your citizenship certificate

Wish you good luck.

Reactions: delray55

rsnair

Jul 6, 2022
my OCI application shows status "Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping "

I have opted to pick it up at BLS ...In how much time till I can pick it up at BLS? Just a little apprehensive

Thanks for helping in advance :)

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Thats a great thing to hear, I donot know why the bls website document checklist mentions to send original passport and citizenship certificate in the mail.
Those checklists are little outdated. Alternatively you can call BLS helpdesk and clarify

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
my OCI application shows status "Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping "

I have opted to pick it up at BLS ...In how much time till I can pick it up at BLS? Just a little apprehensive

Thanks for helping in advance :)
Hi, Do you mind sharing when did you apply, which BLS center and what your date or acknowledgement was?

jj_ind

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
TLU: 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 17-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 03-12-2015
LANDED..........
Landing expected: April 2016
Guys, just picked up my OCI card from Purolator's office. Finally the journey is complete! :)
Thanks to all the friends who supported me and my family in this journey. Good wishes to all of you!

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
As a proof of address I attached my Internet Bill as its mentioned in the website under Utility bill(Internet) When I called in the Rep told me we can not attach the proof, as my address on licence was different
@akhil5293 It does not matter what address you have they just need a proof that's it. The address does not matter in the application.