Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi all, I just received my passport and my flight/travel to India is in october. Do you think I have enough time to surrender my passport and apply for OCI? Or should I surrender and for now apply for a tourist visa? Thanks guys
@sudeep11787 SC will take about a week now-a-days. OCI will be about 7 weeks after you receive SC but make sure to do in-person as any mistakes can be rectified immediately in this case it should be done by 1st week of September.

Please check signature for a timeline

Good Luck

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Are you saying VFS is better than BLS? If so, I can suggest that to them. My experience with BLS for my OCI and Entry visa was very bumpy, to say the least.
I do not know honestly but thought VFS will be better than BLS (based on seeing their website check list, documentation etc)
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/ind/apply-visa

There are some camps also going on to process these things. see if they are of any use (Link above)
In general entry visa application will be very minimal out of usa because most of residents can get evisa even for longer periods
you can check this forum also but did not find much for entry visa. everyone seems to be into OCI or evisa

https://www.immihelp.com/forum/india-passport-visa-oci

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
Do parents need to submit the NOC form with Photographs for the new OCI of Minor Child born in Canada ?
If parents' photos are required then are there any specification guidelines for the photographs ?

m3us

Oct 13, 2016
Sharing my experience to help others.

I submitted my surrender certificate application on Saturday 11AM at BLS Brampton 60 Gillingham.This office is unmarked but entrance is right next to serviceCanada.

I had an appointment under passport service but there was just one person in walk-in line so we entered at the same time.

Make sure that your Surrender Certificate application entries match your passport, I made an error and had to redo the application on the site and have it printed at BLS then get another token at the entrance then submit my application.

Checked https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in/ today and it said my surrender certificate has been issued.

Reactions: Gks87

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Do parents need to submit the NOC form with Photographs for the new OCI of Minor Child born in Canada ?
If parents' photos are required then are there any specification guidelines for the photographs ?
Yes. Its a specific acknowledgment provided by parents accepting that they want to apply for OCI for the minor
Photograph is same specs as provided for application

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
OCI application asks for:
Have you/any member of your family applied for Overseas Citizen of India registration earlier? and asks for a Reference No.

My parents already have an OCI, is this reference number on the OCI card? If not, where can I find it?

Last edited:

ilikebabyelephent

Feb 14, 2021
Here are the OCI processing timelines for Brampton Walkin application : It took 5 Weeks for us.
Date of Submission : 30-May-2022

Date Of Acknowledgment02-JUN-2022
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn27-JUN-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn27-JUN-2022
Document received AtTORONTOOn27-JUN-2022

Parlor service delivered the OCI hard copy was on 05-July-2022

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
Am not sure about postal but in person not required to Sign
As a proof of address I attached my Internet Bill as its mentioned in the website under Utility bill(Internet) When I called in the Rep told me we can not attach the proof, as my address on licence was different

tamilvanan3

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
OCI application asks for:
Have you/any member of your family applied for Overseas Citizen of India registration earlier? and asks for a Reference No.

My parents already have an OCI, is this reference number on the OCI card? If not, where can I find it?
Hi
If you applied for your parents from Canada the reference numbers starts as CANV, the number you used to search the application status

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Hello everyone,
I had already applied for my OCI (as Single applicant - postal service to BLS Brampton) Date of ACK is June 20.
I got married on July 1st and my Surname had been changed.
Will it going to affect my OCI processing ?
Will the CGI processing office will refuse my application ?
I had already updated my G Driver's License and Ontario Health Card; And updated my Marital status & last name at Service Ontario
I am bit confused. Any input will be appreciated.
Thank you.
What does your passport say?. Passport should match with OCI
Once your OCI go through you may have to change it for last name change

gsohi2011

May 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
File Transfer...
27-10-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
Can anybody advice, how do I avoid sending original passport and citizenship certificate for applying OCI. Do they allow walk in and return the originals after checking it?

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
Here are the OCI processing timelines for Brampton Walkin application : It took 5 Weeks for us.
Date of Submission : 30-May-2022

Date Of Acknowledgment02-JUN-2022
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn27-JUN-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn27-JUN-2022
Document received AtTORONTOOn27-JUN-2022

Parlor service delivered the OCI hard copy was on 05-July-2022
Did you booked an appointment or just went walkin ?
I am trying to check appointment slots online but none available. Any other way to get an appointment ?
I am also looking for Appointment at BLS Brampton Location - 40 Gillingham Dr