+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

.Aj

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
NOC Code......
Hey guys, quick question. Can 1 person go and apply for multiple persons for a single appointment? Or should I create multiple appointments per person?

Edit: I booked ONE passport appointment for:
- Two persons
- Surrender passport + apply for OCI

That should be fine ?

These are filling up FAST!
No idea. never tried walkin.

No harm in booking 2 back to back slots

Reactions: savarana

savarana

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, it looks like for surrender of citizenship, I can pay using Debit card or Cash?

While for OCI I need a DD/MoneyOrder/Bank-Draft for Consulate, and I can pay BLS fees by Debit/Cash.

Does that sound correct?

littleDog

Mar 25, 2021
Hey guys, quick question. Can 1 person go and apply for multiple persons for a single appointment? Or should I create multiple appointments per person?

Edit: I booked ONE passport appointment for:
- Two persons
- Surrender passport + apply for OCI

That should be fine ?

These are filling up FAST!
i believe no appointment is required. I did walk in on Last Friday(had to wait 45 mins in line before going to agent). and submitted 3 family application. if you already has an appointment, one should be fine for family.

savarana

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i believe no appointment is required. I did walk in on Last Friday(had to wait 45 mins in line before going to agent). and submitted 3 family application. if you already has an appointment, one should be fine for family.
Thank you!

Did you have to fill an authorization letter for the other non-accompanying family members?

littleDog

Mar 25, 2021
Thank you!

Did you have to fill an authorization letter for the other non-accompanying family members?
nothing. For my minor daughter they gave me no objection (may be it is the authorization ) letter, which i have to fill and sign and attach 2 (any size) photos along with my wife.
So i submitted the entire application and came back home and took my wife's sign and submit that letter before 2pm.
The agent that i got was super helpful and knowledgeable person. She did entire PP cancellation and OCI submittion for 3 applicants in less than an hour or so. and she clearly told that if i bring the document by 2 pm that day, She can forward the application to consulate same day.

Cp2711

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
my timeline
OCI by post for minor
delivered to BSL Brampton 14 June 2021
Could track application status on 16 June 2021--- received
status on BLS website- under process 17 June 2021
18 June 2021- processing at consulate general
still nothing on OCI enquiry website

Reactions: littleDog

littleDog

Mar 25, 2021
my timeline
OCI by post for minor
delivered to BSL Brampton 14 June 2021
Could track application status on 16 June 2021--- received
status on BLS website- under process 17 June 2021
18 June 2021- processing at consulate general
still nothing on OCI enquiry website
When do you think that you will
Receive OCI
Did you track anyone’s timeline

JB386

Star Member
May 18, 2016
New Delhi
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Hi All,
I am in the same boat too.
OCI Application summary for my 3months Infant
Jurisdiction - Toronto / BLS Brampton
Application sent via Purolator - 14 June
Received at BLS - 15 June
Application Date as per BLS - 17 June
Status on OCI.gov.in - No record found

Will update If I see any changes. Good luck all !

priysen02

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hope all doing well and safe. A few questions when submitting application for both pp surrender and OCI together

In the checklist form do we need to check the box what all documents I HV submitted shall I keep the pp surrender form option blank

For self attestation do we have to write the statement This is a true copy of the original in "" or w/o quotes

Do we need to upload the checklist as well or just hard copy will do

Does the photo need to be stamped with name of the studio and date like the one for Canadian PP

It would be really helpful if any one can respond

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hope all doing well and safe. A few questions when submitting application for both pp surrender and OCI together

In the checklist form do we need to check the box what all documents I HV submitted shall I keep the pp surrender form option blank

Tick the boxes for all documents you have submitted. You can leave the Surrender Certificate option unchecked (and may be write "Applying for Surrender and OCI together" on the checklist. At least this is what one of the applicants in this thread reported before.

For self attestation do we have to write the statement This is a true copy of the original in "" or w/o quotes

Don't think that really matters. Suit yourself.

Do we need to upload the checklist as well or just hard copy will do

You will upload the documents mentioned in the last page of the checklist where it says "Please scan the documents in a single PDF for each category as mentioned below". You don't have to upload the checklist but include it in the application package that you mail to BLS (checklist for both surrender AND OCI).

Does the photo need to be stamped with name of the studio and date like the one for Canadian PP

It is NOT in the requirements so it is NOT necessary.

It would be really helpful if any one can respond