Waived
Passport Req..
Jan27, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb03,2016
LANDED..........
May23,2016
Hello Everyone,

My Postal OCI application was returned today due to incorrect passport expiry date. Now the question is, to send it back do I have to pay for Pick-up and Drop-Off or just for Pick-up?
Asking because since they sent me the incorrect application back, one delivery is already done which I paid for. So now do I have to opt for Pick-up& Delivery or just Pick-up?

kingmourya

Mar 28, 2014
Applying for fresh OCI for minors at HCI Ottawa. My kids are US citizens. I have their original birth certificates.
Is it a must to get birth certificate attested by US consulate in Canada? There are no notary appointments available at the US consulate until end of August!

kingmourya

Mar 28, 2014
I did via mail. I sent 4 items.

1. Application with all relevant documents
2. Draft for CGI $425
3. Draft for BLS $7.40
4. 2 prepaid return envelops from Canada Post. I wasn't sure how many should I send. So safer side, I included 2 return envelops.

Now I am stuck with below ask from CGI.
"Require Birth certificate to be attested by Ministry of Ontario and then CGI toronto "
Were you able to get the attestation?

Ani_Canada

Jun 22, 2017
the OCI Photo must present the candidates full face, front perspective, with eyes open. The Background of the OCI photo must be plain or white shaded without borders with colored garments that are not white garments.

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/photo_spec.php

Thanks for the information but when you start filling the form , it says :

Photograph to be affixed on the application should be a square shape of size not less than 51*51mm (with 80% coverage of face). It should have plain light color background (not white) without the border with front view of person's head and shoulders showing the full face in middle of the photograph. It should not be stapled and not have any signature.

That's why I asked is white background allowed ?

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Thanks for the information but when you start filling the form , it says :

Photograph to be affixed on the application should be a square shape of size not less than 51*51mm (with 80% coverage of face). It should have plain light color background (not white) without the border with front view of person's head and shoulders showing the full face in middle of the photograph. It should not be stapled and not have any signature.

That's why I asked is white background allowed ?
When I did OCI for my kids I went with White background and their BLS website clearly says either plain white or off-white.

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/photo_spec.php

Ashik Canada

May 7, 2021
In regards to marriage certification - should we need to submit originals to BLS or just an attested photocopy?
Also is there any original document to be submitted to BLS with OCI application?

rvche

Jul 19, 2016
Hi everyone, detailing my experience of submitting my application for surrender and OCI together via post, for anyone who may find it helpful.
  1. I called BLS Toronto (416-307-2237) multiple times till I finally got through. I had my credit card on hand, and the BLS rep sent me three links to pay for a Purolator service: a) Pick-up of documents b) Return of cancelled passport and surrender certificate c) Return of OCI. Each service costs $30, so $90 in total for delivery and pickup. You will receive a shipping label to print and attach to the Purolator envelope.

2. Make sure to check what day/time the Purolator pickup will be and make sure to ask for an envelope.

3. Documents for surrender I was asked to include:
    1. Surrender application form completed online,
    2. 1 photo,
    3. Original Indian passport and photocopy,
    4. Canadian passport photocopy,
    5. Photocopy of citizenship certificate,
    6. Address proof,
    7. Photocopy of COPR.
      All photocopies have to be self attested ("This is a true copy of the original"), signed, and dated.
    8. Fees for surrender: $250.4 (addressed to BLS International Services Inc.)
  4. Documents for OCI I was asked to include:
    1. OCI application form completed online,
    2. 1 photo,
    3. Original Indian passport and photocopy,
    4. Canadian passport photocopy,
    5. Photocopy of citizenship certificate,
    6. Address proof,
    7. Photocopy of COPR,
    8. One written declaration stating I am single and have never married addressed to the consulate general of India.
      All photocopies have to be self attested ("This is a true copy of the original"), signed, and dated.
    9. Fees for OCI: $425 (addressed to The Consulate General of India - Toronto) AND $7.4 (addressed to BLS International Services Inc.)
  5. The documents I uploaded for my OCI application included self-attested copies of: My Indian passport, my Canadian passport, and my COPR.
    I also included the checklists for both the OCI and Surrender applications as well.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
Hi, great work in listing out the exact process here, appreciate your efforts. How long did the whole process take to get the passport surrender certificate and OCI together?

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Reactions: rvche

knowknowledge

May 13, 2021
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the OCI card. The status has been

(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping) since 2 months.