No AOR received from either BLS or CGI.
15-Mar - Application Date as per BLS website
23-Mar - Date of Acknowledgement per ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury
12-April - Document Printing Status as Processed
12-April - Dispatched from MEA (OCI)
12-April - Documents Received at Toronto
13-April - Counter Delivery to BLS Centre on BLS website
14-April - OCI Card ready for collection on BLS website

Called BLS twice today to get the tracking number. On my first attempt, after a long wait on the call, lady told me that they don't receive OCI cards and it will be couriered directly from the consulate and then disconnected the call right away before I can respond. On my second attempt, waited for 30 minutes on the call, someone picked up and then disconnected the call without saying anything. Took me back to my experiences dealing with lazy and insensitive people working in government offices in India. Better off waiting for the courier than chasing BLS people for information.
Received OCI card today. Tracking number was updated on BLS site yesterday, I was able to track the courier status. Thanks to all the support and information shared on this forum that made it possible.

RaghuRam123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Hi All,
see my timelines here
22 - Mar - Walk In applicant by appointment
31 - Mar - Date of Acknowledgement as per ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury
20 - April - Document Printing Status as Processed on ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury
20 - April - Dispatched from MEA (OCI) on ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury
20 - April - Documents Received at Toronto on ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury

21 - April - BLS website: Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping
22 - April - BLS website: Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping
( Tracking Number NOT updated on BLS website, but received text notification from Purolator )
23 - April - Courier (OCI) is In Transit for home address

sanjshet88

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
india
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
What is the latest fees for fresh oci application for kids born in canada. On oci website it says $345/- but here in the forum some are saying new amount is $425/-. Doing postal application. which is correct?

sanjshet88

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
india
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Applied OCI for my 9 month old. Getting through to the bls call center was like a game of roulette. I called them 20+ time to get through finally to the Ottawa center even though I am in Toronto. She was really helpful and explained to me how the process and the docs to send (all self attested) she also generated the purolator labels over the phone. I paid them by clicking through on links sent to my email (1 each for pickup and drop). Docs I submitted in the purolator pickup envelope (no originals for any of the proofs):
  • Online application form (print out)
  • 1 photo
  • Birth certificate photocopy
  • Canadian passport photocopy
  • Copies of Parents’ Cancelled Indian passport, surrender certificate, marriage certificate, Landing paper
  • No objection letter
  • Parents’ Oci card photocopy
  • 1 parent’s Address proof photocopy
  • Draft#1: 425 - counsulate gen of india toronto
  • Draft#2: 7.40 - bls international service canada inc

Here is the timeline:

Application Type: Postal
Jurisdiction/BLS Location: Toronto / Brampton
Shipped through Purolator: 05 March, 2021
Delivered to BLS brampton: 08 March, 2021
No AOR received from either BLS or CGI
Date of Acknowledgement per ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury: 19 March, 2021
OCI Application Status : Under Process

I have booked tickets for her to Delhi for 15th April. Hopefully everything works out and my wife and daughter can travel with my in laws next week. Fingers crossed.

In the document checklist its says that we need to send bank draft of $345/- but u have sent a bank draft of $425/- why? have the fees increased?

funmohan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 12 Feb
Hello everyone,

I just received canadian passports for myself and my family. Can someone help answer my questions below please?

1. Do we need to mail in Canadian documents i.e. Canadian passport or COPR at any point?
2. Do we need separate envelopes to mail in applications one for each family member? Can we include everything into one envelope?
3. Can we mail in applications for passport surrender + OCI at the same time?

Many thanks in advance for answering!!

Reactions: littleDog

littleDog

Mar 25, 2021
Hello Friends,

Can someone explain the process of applying for OCI and Passport cancellation. Can they both be done at the same time.
What are the timelines for these.
Also can i travel to india during my indian passport cancellation and OCI process. (Travel with visa).

Last edited:
Reactions: funmohan

littleDog

Mar 25, 2021
Hello everyone,

I just received canadian passports for myself and my family. Can someone help answer my questions below please?

1. Do we need to mail in Canadian documents i.e. Canadian passport or COPR at any point?
2. Do we need separate envelopes to mail in applications one for each family member? Can we include everything into one envelope?

My questions are more or less same. If someone would answer it would be helpful.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hello everyone,

Have a look at my post detailing my application (via mail) here which answers 1 and 3: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-9165358

If you scroll through posts in this forum, and go back a few pages, you’ll find answers to most of your questions.

As for your Q2) you can put each members application in a separate envelope and then ask the Purolator person for a big envelope to put them all in, if applying by mail. Good luck.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hello Friends,

Can someone explain the process of applying for OCI and Passport cancellation. Can they both be done at the same time.
What are the timelines for these.
Also can i travel to india during my indian passport cancellation and OCI process. (Travel with visa).
Have a look at my post here https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-9165358

My timelines were 6 weeks for OCI and almost 10 weeks for surrender.
Not sure if you can apply for a visa without surrendering your passport first. Best to check with CGI.

Reactions: funmohan

funmohan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 12 Feb

Rawat anil

May 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 jan 2012
AOR Received.
feb 2012
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
12 July 2012
Med's Done....
02 Aug 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11 oct 2012 DM on 15 oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
22 nov 2012
LANDED..........
16 jan 2013
Hello everyone,
I am applying for oci and I have all my documents ready.i have a question do I need to send my original cancelled Indian Passport and Surender paper.i spoke with BLS agent on phone he told me I only need to send photocopies no original. Check list says origin is must. SO IM CONFUSE! I’m sending my application through purolator.
Thanks in advance.

aks133b

Apr 4, 2018
Hi all, anyone applied for PP surrender/renunciation recently (in Apr 2021)?. I need confirmation on the Surrender fees.

I checked the Fees link under Passport surrender in BLS canada website and it says Surrender fee of $119, Consular fee of $3, BLS service fee of $7.4, total of $129.40. But the Information link under passport surrender says fee is $249.40 (240 + 2 + 7.4). Which one is correct. Is it changed since Apr 1st 2021?