+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

ndtoronto

Jan 4, 2021
You can try calling BLS to book Purolator pick up and drop off over the phone. It comes up to a little over $90 for three trips: 1) pick of documents 2) return of passport and surrender (if applicable) and 3) return of OCI.

Have your credit card ready, BLS will do everything through the phone. You have to keep calling them though, as it is not easy to get through. Try calling between 8-9am EST. It's always worked for me.
Thanks, it finally worked! Called at 8 and got through after waiting for 20 mins. Appreciate your tip!

Reactions: sydcarton

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Yes I was asked employment letter too. Not sure why it was needed.
I hope your application is processed now.
Yeah, it showed up for me too, but I didn’t upload one as it wasn’t mentioned either online, or by the BLS agent when I called. Hope that is not an issue.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
So I had uploaded the documents (Can PP, Indian PP) under docs upload (I uploaded all in one PDF) - but when the application gets printed it doesn't show up as separate docs and the OCI app only shows number 1 (they wanted 2. Indian PP 3. Marriage cert (Indian PP)) in that order. They returned everything back because I hadn't uploaded the Indian PP under doc upload #3 (which is a bit ridiculous as I could've easily done this online and reprinted, scanned and sent the forms by email). Moreover, they had multiple copies of the Indian PP and both my docs 1 and 2 contained it too (but it doesn't show up when printed so they wanted me to upload #3 again and print again and sign).

They chose to return the whole application including original Indian pp which was frustrating. They also didn't start the surrender process. I sent the docs 1st week of Jan and they returned it 30 Jan. I had to resend all docs again and pay the courier fees. I did manage to get through today and was given an email add to send docs to dispute the cc transactions for extra charges (the duplicate courier charges that went 7 times instead of 2). Also, they told me that even for 2 applicants they do charge courier drop off fees for 4 applications so $120 is accurate just for drop off fees as the 4 applications (2 surrender + 2 OCI) will be sent back separately.
Yikes! They could’ve simplified everything by sending you an email and asking you to re-upload. But I guess they prefer to be inefficient instead.

good luck! Hope you’re lucky the second time around and get your applications processed.

Reactions: ndtoronto

akshay.1o

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
hey jut applid for oci for my 2months old son yesterday sent documents from winnipeg to toronto bls. Hope everything goes smoothly. Anyone applied recently and got oci ? whats timeline?

mrangwala

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
LANDED..........
01-05-2019
Yes I was asked employment letter too. Not sure why it was needed.
I hope your application is processed now.
I only uploaded the docs that were required by checklist even though additional docs were showing up on docs upload page. I confirmed with BLS agent on the documents that I had to upload. Even though I did not upload the additional docs that were showing up on docs upload page, my application was accepted by BLS and is currently under process with consulate.

bhaumik52

Oct 8, 2019
How long does it take to see the application status on either BLS or OCI website for Toronto postal application?

I applied for OCI and surrender and package was delivered on Thursday 4th Feb, have not received acknowledgement email either.

Any suggestion of should I wait or call BLS and ask for update?

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
How long does it take to see the application status on either BLS or OCI website for Toronto postal application?

I applied for OCI and surrender and package was delivered on Thursday 4th Feb, have not received acknowledgement email either.

Any suggestion of should I wait or call BLS and ask for update?
I have a similar timeline to you. Mine was delivered on the 2nd and I still haven't received an update. There's some conflicting information on this forum: Few people on this forum have reported a 10-14 day wait till the tracking started showing, and someone claimed BLS was quarantining the applications for a week.
I called BLS on Feb 8 and they confirmed they've received my package on the 4th (not sure what caused the 2 day difference).The lady said they wait 24-48 hours after arrival to open it and then another 24-48 for tracking to show. So if I don't see anything show up by this time, next week, I'll give them a call again.

Reactions: bhaumik52

newkij1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
sent my OCI + surrender application together

Application received at BLS Brampton on Jan 14, 2021
After 1 week, they asked to send app forms again due to the father's name mismatch.
Sent new application forms on Jan 21, 2021

After that, I was trying to track application status daily. called BLS 5 times. Sent email reminders 3 times.

Was able to track the application on Feb 10. 2021. As per the tracker, Both of the applications are with the consulate for processing.

Reactions: bhaumik52

bhaumik52

Oct 8, 2019
I have a similar timeline to you. Mine was delivered on the 2nd and I still haven't received an update. There's some conflicting information on this forum: Few people on this forum have reported a 10-14 day wait till the tracking started showing, and someone claimed BLS was quarantining the applications for a week.
I called BLS on Feb 8 and they confirmed they've received my package on the 4th (not sure what caused the 2 day difference).The lady said they wait 24-48 hours after arrival to open it and then another 24-48 for tracking to show. So if I don't see anything show up by this time, next week, I'll give them a call again.
Thank you for the information. I will wait one more week to see if something shows up by next week

visaforca

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Calgary
Date Of Acknowledgment 21-JAN-2021
Registration Status at Mission VANCOUVER
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED 10-FEB2021
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI 10-FEB2021
Document received At VANCOUVER 10-FEB2021
February 12, 2021
Application Status(Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping)

Reactions: maxpayne

bhaumik52

Oct 8, 2019
Received the confirmation from bls on Friday Feb 12. As per Purolator the package was delivered on Feb 4. Seems like there is a one week wait period befroe the acknowledgment.

Email I received from BLS

Your OCI application with airway bill no ---------- has received at our BLS Center.
During this Pandemic and Provincial lock-down, postal application processing time at BLS Quarantined Postal Hub at Brampton/ Surrey/ Ottawa is 3 - 5 business days to process and send the application to Consulate for their decisioning process. The time taken at Consulate would depend on the category / merit of your application. You are required to submit your application duly filled up along with document checklist as mentioned on BLS website. Incomplete or Erroneous applications would be returned back, to you

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Received the confirmation from bls on Friday Feb 12. As per Purolator the package was delivered on Feb 4. Seems like there is a one week wait period befroe the acknowledgment.

Email I received from BLS

Your OCI application with airway bill no ---------- has received at our BLS Center.
During this Pandemic and Provincial lock-down, postal application processing time at BLS Quarantined Postal Hub at Brampton/ Surrey/ Ottawa is 3 - 5 business days to process and send the application to Consulate for their decisioning process. The time taken at Consulate would depend on the category / merit of your application. You are required to submit your application duly filled up along with document checklist as mentioned on BLS website. Incomplete or Erroneous applications would be returned back, to you
Awesome! Are you able to track your application on the website now?
Nothing for me yet, I will call them tomorrow. The lack of transparency is frustrating in this process.

muba

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
hello frnds, when I track the OCI application of my daughter in BLS website it says as below which is a good news...
Application StatusProcessing at Consulate General
however there is a mistake in the applicant name they have mentioned in the status column. I am very confident and checked the application that I submitted where I have entered the name correctly. Wondering whether this could be a typo error by the person who input the application status details in the track application section

bobbymad

Mar 6, 2017
Hi
I am applying for my child
I had few questions can u plz reply
1)can I upload my permanent resident cards for landing document

2) who has to be signed on all the photocopies that this is the true copy verified by all the originals

3)I paid online for purolater servicethroughbls website I got on paid transaction approved receipt..I didn’t receive any labels.how can I get it

Thank u so much