Med's Request
May 27,2017
Med's Done....
June 3,2017
VISA ISSUED...
Student Visa in 2011 for Postgraduate at Niagara Ontario
LANDED..........
June 29, 2017
Same situation like your's for me too sir. The only difference is I sent my application on 11th by Canadapost and passport program received it on 13th and I contacted them on 18th Aug using the link :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/contact-passport-program.html

Got the following response today.
"Although we could have received your application, it has not been examined yet nor has a file been created in your name. Passport service have been suspended due to the COVID-19 situation. The processing of application will resume once the situation has been resolved
If you sent your passport application via courier or registered mail, we recommend that you communicate with the courier service provider in order to confirm that your passport application was delivered at the Passport Program.
For information concerning your passport application, please call 1-800-567-6868. Please do not reply to this email. We trust this information is of assistance to you."

So I believe its better to sleep without worrying about the processing and delays and get surprised with the passport in our mailboxes as and when it comes :)
Good news today

I contacted them on 21st Aug using the link :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/contact-passport-program.html

Got the following response on 24th of August 2020.
"Although we could have received your application, it has not been examined yet nor has a file been created in your name. Passport service have been suspended due to the COVID-19 situation. The processing of application will resume once the situation has been resolved
If you sent your passport application via courier or registered mail, we recommend that you communicate with the courier service provider in order to confirm that your passport application was delivered at the Passport Program.
For information concerning your passport application, please call 1-800-567-6868. Please do not reply to this email. We trust this information is of assistance to you."

I became Canadian citizen in March 2020 but due corona virus all the Service Canada in Calgary was closed down( in person services). I read the news recently that Service Canada begins the gradual opening then I decided to send my Canadian passport application by mail (non urgent) with Canada post (Xpresspost) on August 9,2020 to passport program (Gatineau QC K1A0G3) and it was received on August 11 at 9:18am. Today I received a Xpressport envelope from passport office in Brampton containing returned Canadian citizenship Certificate , Passport Canada official receipt with my name on it and Mail-out date when I will receive my passport and also a small paper saying in reference to your passport application , you will find enclosed the following documents then list of checked boxes but they only checked Credit card receipt and Certificate of Canadian citizenship.

Last edited:
Reactions: s23srinivas

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Good news today

I became Canadian citizen in March 2020 but due corona virus all the Service Canada in Calgary was closed down( in person services). I read the news recently that Service Canada begins the gradual opening then I decided to send my Canadian passport application by mail (non urgent) with Canada post (Xpresspost) on August 9,2020 to passport program (Gatineau QC K1A0G3) and it was received on August 11 at 9:18am. Today I received a Xpressport envelope from passport office in Brampton containing returned Canadian citizenship Certificate , Passport Canada official receipt with my name on it and Mail-out date when I will receive my passport and also a small paper saying in reference to your passport application , you will find enclosed the following documents then list of checked boxes but they only checked Credit card receipt and Certificate of Canadian citizenship.
Great news!!
What is the mail-out date when you are supposed to get your passport?

Ajkenniek

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Calgary
Med's Request
May 27,2017
Med's Done....
June 3,2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 29, 2017
Great news!!
What is the mail-out date when you are supposed to get your passport?
The date they will mail out my passport..... the total days approximately 22 working days

Last edited:

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received OCI card for myself and my child today. our timelines are as follows:

Date Of Acknowledgment: 04-AUG-2020
Registration Status at Mission: TORONTO
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 25-AUG-2020
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 25-AUG-2020
Document received At TORONTO On 25-AUG-2020

Hope this helps.

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Good news today

Hi Congratulations for receiving back Citizenship Certificate and official receipt of Passport Canada. My passport application has been received at Gateau on 13th August 2020 at 12.10 I have also received reply to my query that it has not been examined. Will please share the date on official receipt of Passport Canada? I am worried about original Citizenship certificate. Even today I contacted the customer care and was informed that my file has not bee examined yet though today 13 working days has passed after the date of receipt of my application Awaiting your reply. Regards.

Ajkenniek

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Calgary
Med's Request
May 27,2017
Med's Done....
June 3,2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 29, 2017
Hi Congratulations for receiving back Citizenship Certificate and official receipt of Passport Canada. My passport application has been received at Gateau on 13th August 2020 at 12.10 I have also received reply to my query that it has not been examined. Will please share the date on official receipt of Passport Canada? I am worried about original Citizenship certificate. Even today I contacted the customer care and was informed that my file has not bee examined yet though today 13 working days has passed after the date of receipt of my application Awaiting your reply. Regards.
Dont worry your Citizenship Certificate will be safe. If the payment has not been withdrawn from your credit card that means your application still on queue. Cos I can see on my account statement that passport office withdraw the fee $160 from my account on August 27th.

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Dont worry your Citizenship Certificate will be safe. If the payment has not been withdrawn from your credit card that means your application still on queue. Cos I can see on my account statement that passport office withdraw the fee $160 from my account on August 27th.
Thank you very much

Ajkenniek

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Calgary
Med's Request
May 27,2017
Med's Done....
June 3,2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 29, 2017
Another great news today

Your passport was sent to you by Xpresspost on August 28, 2020. The Canada Post item number is xxxxxxxxxxx You can track the delivery of your passport at www.canadapost.ca.

Warning: The status of an application can only be provided to the applicant.

VC

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Another great news today

Your passport was sent to you by Xpresspost on August 28, 2020. The Canada Post item number is xxxxxxxxxxx You can track the delivery of your passport at www.canadapost.ca.

Warning: The status of an application can only be provided to the applicant.

VC
Really very very good and amazing news that on 27th Passport charged passport fees and next day dispatched the Passport. Very encouraging for we people who have either applied for new passport or are planning to apply for. Congratulations

Reactions: Ajkenniek

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Same situation like your's for me too sir. The only difference is I sent my application on 11th by Canadapost and passport program received it on 13th and I contacted them on 18th Aug using the link :

Got the following response today.

So I believe its better to sleep without worrying about the processing and delays and get surprised with the passport in our mailboxes as and when it comes :)
Hi Have you received any information about status of your passport application. My application was also received by Passport office on 13th August 2020 but till date no file has been created. Kindly share if possible as and when you receive new development. I will also keep inform about my status. Regards

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Hi Have you received any information about status of your passport application. My application was also received by Passport office on 13th August 2020 but till date no file has been created. Kindly share if possible as and when you receive new development. I will also keep inform about my status. Regards
No change. Just waiting, don't know what else to do!
Will post my update here as and when I receive any information about it.

Ajkenniek

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Calgary
Med's Request
May 27,2017
Med's Done....
June 3,2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 29, 2017
No change. Just waiting, don't know what else to do!
Will post my update here as and when I receive any information about it.
Good news!
With the Canadapost Xpressport tracking number given to me I was able to track it on Canadapost app on my phone
Item accepted Mississauga, ON Aug 28 at 1:11pm
Item processed Mississauga, ON Sept 01 at 7:55pm
Item arrived Calgary , AB Sept 3 at 1:39am
Item processed Calgary,AB at Sept 3 at 6:19am
Item out for delivery Calgary,AB Sept 3 at 7:46am

Last edited:

Ajkenniek

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Calgary
Med's Request
May 27,2017
Med's Done....
June 3,2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 29, 2017
Really very very good and amazing news that on 27th Passport charged passport fees and next day dispatched the Passport. Very encouraging for we people who have either applied for new passport or are planning to apply for. Congratulations
Good news!
With the Canadapost Xpressport tracking number given to me I was able to track it on Canadapost app on my phone
Delivered Calgary ,AB at 11:32 am - by Canada post worker

Last edited:

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Good news!
Congratulations

Reactions: Ajkenniek