+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

DudeNextDoor

Oct 20, 2023
I know someone whose postal applications (family of 4) got rejected 3 times. So calculate postal charges they paid.
Do you happen to know what were the reasons for these rejections? Error on the forms, or perhaps missing supporting documentation? I'm asking because I need to apply next month, and I don't live anywhere close to the BLS offices.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you happen to know what were the reasons for these rejections? Error on the forms, or perhaps missing supporting documentation? I'm asking because I need to apply next month, and I don't live anywhere close to the BLS offices.
They keep changing rules & checklists are not updated. They have targets so depending on whether their target is met or not, they accept or reject forms.

esdi

Oct 18, 2023
I’m in a same boat and worries. My application date is Oct 11th and yesterday got the status changed to 'Counter delivery at BLS...'. Not sure what it means. Let’s connect when anyone of us hear back first.
My updates for BLS are still stuck at 'Counter delivery..' Any update changes for all those who had this update?

heynow

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
If you pay attention, you will see that OCI is processed/granted by Ministry of Home and not by MEA. However, the MEA and their 3rd party agents(BLS,etc)front ends in foreign soils. There is lack of clarity at every stage, our OCI got returned cause they mentioned I haven't had provided last page of the passport(Indian), when I went to BLS, they mentioned that they need the page before the last page!! MEA's new passport has family details on 2nd last page, older passport has the same on last page. Ministry of home is not in sync with MEA about new passports.

esdi

Oct 18, 2023
Acknowledgement: just now!
I did a little dance -- Jacinda Ardern style.

Applied: Oct 4 (Toronto walk-in)
Acknowledgement on OCI site: Oct 20
Definitely slower than trends from two weeks ago, but things are moving along.
I have a query regarding the status of my OCI application. As per the OCI Government of India (GOI) tracker, it currently indicates that my application is "under process." I would greatly appreciate any clarity on whether this refers to the processing at the CGI Vancouver office or if it pertains to the initial stages of processing in India, including security checks and related procedures. In the event that the initial processing occurs in India, may I assume that I can anticipate receiving the OCI within approximately four weeks from this point?

rbkg

Nov 20, 2018
****New OCI application update at BLS Brampton walk-in (family of 4 members - 2 adults and 2 minors)***

We had appointments on Oct 3 and Oct 4. Mine was processed at BLS on Oct 3 and spouse along with 2 minors were processed at BLS on Oct 4.

Received acknowledgment from consulate as under process for me and my spouse but for 2 minors - No record found.

I just wanted to share my timelines. I'll update once I receive acknowledgment for both minors.

Thanks everyone!

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I have a query regarding the status of my OCI application. As per the OCI Government of India (GOI) tracker, it currently indicates that my application is "under process." I would greatly appreciate any clarity on whether this refers to the processing at the CGI Vancouver office or if it pertains to the initial stages of processing in India, including security checks and related procedures. In the event that the initial processing occurs in India, may I assume that I can anticipate receiving the OCI within approximately four weeks from this point?
A few minutes ago you posted that you see "counter delivery" BLS status. Is it at the same time "under process" at OCI site? If so, its unusual and could be a glitch with BLS.

Anyway, "under process" at OCI site means just that -- under process. Once it is completed you will see an update. As per Vancouver timelines you could see the process completed in ~35 days from the Acknowledgement date on OCI site. Then BLS has to receive the OCI and dispatch to you -- add another week for that.

esdi

Oct 18, 2023
A few minutes ago you posted that you see "counter delivery" BLS status. Is it at the same time "under process" at OCI site? If so, its unusual and could be a glitch with BLS.

Anyway, "under process" at OCI site means just that -- under process. Once it is completed you will see an update. As per Vancouver timelines you could see the process completed in ~35 days from the Acknowledgement date on OCI site. Then BLS has to receive the OCI and dispatch to you -- add another week for that.
Thanks for your response. Yes, I see "counter delivery" BLS status and "under process" at OCI site. Tried contacting BLS but no response yet.

time1976

Oct 17, 2023
So I finally see an update on the OCI status inquiry portal for my application (BLS Toronto, postal, application date: Oct 2) and it states 'Under Process'. Before I begin to relax a bit, I realize that my wife's application is still not showing (Same application date; in fact both applications were sent in the same envelope) on the OCI status inquiry portal :(

Anyone else has experienced this? When will this frustration end? I'm regretting my decision to book tickets in advance
Quick update: Wife's also changed to Under Process on the OCI tracker today. 20th Oct. Now the waiting game begins

Reactions: eas2lv

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Thanks for your response. Yes, I see "counter delivery" BLS status and "under process" at OCI site. Tried contacting BLS but no response yet.
If you have originals retained by BLS, it could mean they are ready to return those. Just guessing. Otherwise, a glitch that will correct itself when the status changes.

harneetk

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
You guys can check, appointment for passports in Brampton and Toronto are opened for November

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
how may days it taken for till now and how may days it may take for you to process i believe toronto is very quick if i am not wrong
See tracker linked below. About 21 days to process, 7 days (+/-) from then to get in hand.