+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Nick92

Oct 20, 2023
Hi there I am new here …
Applied for my OCI - Brampton walkin
Application date : Sep 22nd
Acknowledged on OCI site : 5th October

any advice by when should I expect to receive OCI in hand or at least get processed ? The rep at BLS said it takes 4 weeks and I am over that timeline . Curious to know from experts here .

farooq.ind

Nov 9, 2021
We have the same date of acknowledgement.
When I went to BLS Surrey they did not want to choose pickup from the BLS option. As one has to wait in line from 3-4 to pick it up. It only adds one extra day with Purolator. Once your OCI is mailed just contact purolator.
Thanks. Actually here in Toronto it takes almost 3-5 days for Purolator to deliver the
Yes even for BLS Edmonton they said option for pick up is not available so have to opt for purolator only..
I have opted for purolator however I cannot wait for them to deliver at home as I may miss my travel date then. I don't know if they allow to pick in such situations.

nick_689

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
I'm looking at the Toronto tracker and I see that so far only 2 applications with application date in Oct have received acknowledgement. Is this accurate, or have folks stopped updating this file? I realize it is a very small subset of the total applications, but still this is a good indicator (I assume) of the general trend. Not sure when Oct folks should receive acknowledgement as I'm in the same boat (Oct 2). No updates yet
I applied on oct 5. no updates yet.

I am on same boat application oct 3 waiting for Ack
Same boat - Applied on Oct 5. Waiting for Ack on OCI site. BLS showing processing at Consulate General. Hope it comes before my planned travel on Dec 10th.

jay_99

Oct 16, 2023
just wondering if oci tracker is working fine..? because bls brampton said there is some site issue.
can anyone share thier experience with oci tracker from last couple of days and those applications got updated today ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
just wondering if oci tracker is working fine..? because bls brampton said there is some site issue.
can anyone share thier experience with oci tracker from last couple of days and those applications got updated today ?
No status update for me but tracker is working fine.

Reactions: jay_99

VK777

May 7, 2019
Thank you @eas2lv for maintaining the tracker..kindly update the below :

Minor OCI application
22nd sep: Postal received by BLS (purolator tracking)
26th sep: BLS acknowledgement email
29th sep: Application date on BLS portal
16th oct: acknowledgement on OCI website

Self and spouse OCI applications:
Oct 16th: Postal received by BLS (Purolator tracking)
No email acknowledgement yet from BLS :( Called them and they asked to wait another 5 days and then check.

Reactions: eas2lv

jay_99

Oct 16, 2023
Thank you @eas2lv for maintaining the tracker..kindly update the below :

Minor OCI application
22nd sep: Postal received by BLS (purolator tracking)
26th sep: BLS acknowledgement email
29th sep: Application date on BLS portal
16th oct: acknowledgement on OCI website

Self and spouse OCI applications:
Oct 16th: Postal received by BLS (Purolator tracking)
No email acknowledgement yet from BLS :( Called them and they asked to wait another 5 days and then check.
I think it is taking more time now a days..i mean from october applications. application flow is increasing day by day as people who are waiting for evisa are now applying for oci

Reactions: VK777

aaravchugh

Oct 16, 2023
MIne was ACKED September 25th and no update after that.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
@abbas.pasha @eas2lv Does it matter if you have OCI appointment or Passport appointment in Brampton BLS? My wife has to get her OCI done and she has taken appointment under 'Passport' for 3rd Nov..
Based on reports here and from what I have seen in Toronto recently appt. type doesn't mater.