+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI Brampton my expreience - Current timeline

Megdelite

Apr 13, 2017
hey there
I just received Aknowledgement date on OCI website today for my daughter. Any idea how long the process would be ? we are super stressed out as tickets are already booked for March 20,2021.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

unique_username

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
03-15-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
hey there
I just received Aknowledgement date on OCI website today for my daughter. Any idea how long the process would be ? we are super stressed out as tickets are already booked for March 20,2021.

They say 6-8 weeks but a friend of mine who applied for their son in Dec 2020 got it in 4 weeks. I applied for my daughter on Feb 11th 2021. its at Consulate General since 26th feb. So i m hoping sometime this month we will get ours.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
They say 6-8 weeks but a friend of mine who applied for their son in Dec 2020 got it in 4 weeks. I applied for my daughter on Feb 11th 2021. its at Consulate General since 26th feb. So i m hoping sometime this month we will get ours.
Is it 6-8 weeks from when BLS receives it? Or when the consulate receives it?
I have similar timelines to you (a week earlier m) and still haven’t heard anything yet.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
hey there

If your acknowledgment date is today, I don’t think it’ll be processed AND delivered to you in less than 11 days before your flight on March 20, unfortunately. The minimum processing time is 5-6 weeks per the website.

unique_username

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
03-15-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
Is it 6-8 weeks from when BLS receives it? Or when the consulate receives it?
I have similar timelines to you (a week earlier m) and still haven’t heard anything yet.
No clue about that.. i m hoping its from when BLS received. But i dont have a clue.

azam147

Mar 2, 2015
If your acknowledgment date is today, I don’t think it’ll be processed AND delivered to you in less than 11 days before your flight on March 20, unfortunately. The minimum processing time is 5-6 weeks per the website.
I sent my documents 2 weeks ago and the BLS tracking only got updated on March 8th, the status shows Processings at CGI. However, I did not recieve any email confirmation. Also. when I try to check the status on OCI.gov.in, it says no record. Is that normal or do I have to wait a bit more?

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
I sent my documents 2 weeks ago and the BLS tracking only got updated on March 8th, the status shows Processings at CGI. However, I did not recieve any email confirmation. Also. when I try to check the status on OCI.gov.in, it says no record. Is that normal or do I have to wait a bit more?
Not everyone receives an email confirmation. Some do, some don't - I didn't, it's bizarre. The tracking on the CGI site appears a few days after. The date CGI receives the application is not the same date they acknowledge it, so it might take 5 - 7 days after it shows up on the BLS site for it to actually show on the CGI site as well. Good luck!

Reactions: azam147

azam147

Mar 2, 2015
Not everyone receives an email confirmation. Some do, some don't - I didn't, it's bizarre. The tracking on the CGI site appears a few days after. The date CGI receives the application is not the same date they acknowledge it, so it might take 5 - 7 days after it shows up on the BLS site for it to actually show on the CGI site as well. Good luck!
Thanks!

accamb

Jan 2, 2016
Hi,
I'm planning to submit my documents for my kid's OCI via post to BLS Brampton. Do I need to send my original documents as well? When I called up call center in Alberta (as they are the only one whom I could reach out), they said only copies of all the documents are required for Brampton location. Can someone please confirm?
Thanks

azam147

Mar 2, 2015
Hi,
I'm planning to submit my documents for my kid's OCI via post to BLS Brampton. Do I need to send my original documents as well? When I called up call center in Alberta (as they are the only one whom I could reach out), they said only copies of all the documents are required for Brampton location. Can someone please confirm?
Thanks
Thats correct. Only original thats needed is your Indian passport that you ll have to surrender

accamb

Jan 2, 2016
Thats correct. Only original thats needed is your Indian passport that you ll have to surrender
Can you confirm if we need to send 1 photo or 2 photos along with the application. I have already uploaded the photo to online application.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Can you confirm if we need to send 1 photo or 2 photos along with the application. I have already uploaded the photo to online application.
If you’re applying only for OCI - you need one physical photo and one digital photo uploaded online.
If you’re applying for surrender as well, you’d need one more physical photo. Good luck!

accamb

Jan 2, 2016
If you’re applying only for OCI - you need one physical photo and one digital photo uploaded online.
If you’re applying for surrender as well, you’d need one more physical photo. Good luck!
Thanks Sydcarton ! It's only for OCI. I will send one physical photo with my application then.