+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Obtain The tracking number in order to locate PT Card after approval

MariOTh

Sep 5, 2022
I recently received an email from IRCC stating my approval for my PR CARD through spouse sponsorship, and that it had been mailed to me. However, it has now been five business days and I have not yet received it. Is there a way for me to obtain the tracking number in order to locate its whereabouts?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I recently received an email from IRCC stating my approval for my PR CARD through spouse sponsorship, and that it had been mailed to me. However, it has now been five business days and I have not yet received it. Is there a way for me to obtain the tracking number in order to locate its whereabouts?
I believe that PR Cards are sent via regular mail (without tracking numbers).

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Regular mail, so no tracking. I'd add that "mailed" to IRCC does not seem to mean the same thing that everyone else means, i.e. in an envelope and given to the post office to deliver. They seem to sometimes use it to mean "in an envelope that may or may not be in the mail room, and who knows when the mail room will deliver the stamped envelope to the post."

In other words, 2-3 weeks would not be unusual, although it could be faster.

Reactions: MariOTh