+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OB 407-D Triage

Soopergal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the related GCMS note it says Responsible Office: St. Clair CIC. My concern is that it was entered after they received my RQ docs. Does that mean they reviewed the RQ documents and still have concerns? Wouldn't that mean I will have to see a CJ?

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
I would imagine they would try to clear up any residency concerns at the citizenship officer interview on the test date. They probably aren't going to make a decision about a citizenship judge hearing until after the test is over and they know if you passed or not.....

ZYXWVU98

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
hey, soopergal, yours isn't as bad as me. I had very 60 absences from Canada during 4 years period and in total of 351 days of absence. my application already took 29 months and still waiting.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Soopergal said:
I guess this means long wait for me :(
what do you mean by getting RQ bcuz of extensive travel? Did you spend a lots time overseas or you just going in and out of the country too frequently? THANKS

OB407-Triage

Mar 1, 2014
Hi soopergal,

I got the same thing on my ATIP which I received yesterday. My office is in victoria, bc. I wrote my test in january 2014. I had pre-test RQ. Anything more that you can on your ATIP especially those under NOTES?

is your case "OPEN" or "ON HOLD"

esteem

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
OB407-Triage said:
Hi soopergal,

I got the same thing on my ATIP which I received yesterday. My office is in victoria, bc. I wrote my test in january 2014. I had pre-test RQ. Anything more that you can on your ATIP especially those under NOTES?

is your case "OPEN" or "ON HOLD"
Hi OB407,

Hope everything works for you and everyone here waiting for their Citizenship tests and oaths.

I got a notice to prepare for my test in Dec 2013, Still waiting for a test date from CIC.
Where did you get this ATIP from? Is it from CIC? What info did you request from them while applying? Can you please reply.
Thanks in advance.

OB407-Triage

Mar 1, 2014
Where is your office esteem?

I got the letter to prepare for citizenship exam in december 2013 and letter to write the test in january 2014.

I got ATIP from CIC website. You can't request what info you want to see. They will give you what they can/will give you. It takes about 4 weeks for the information to arrive.

esteem

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
OB407-Triage said:
Where is your office esteem?

I got the letter to prepare for citizenship exam in december 2013 and letter to write the test in january 2014.

I got ATIP from CIC website. You can't request what info you want to see. They will give you what they can/will give you. It takes about 4 weeks for the information to arrive.
My office is in St.Clair. I've applied for an CBSA report. Should arrive this week or next week. Can we apply ATIP from CIC to check the status of our application?

Thanks.

OB407-Triage

Mar 1, 2014
hi esteem. ATIP will show you the progress of your application. It does have a little delay. I passed the test a month ago, however, in my ATIP report, it only stated "Citizenship Test started". It didn't say anything in the "Test Result" section.

But you can get a good idea where your case stands by looking at ATIP.

You can check all the Notes, and Events that happened to your file up to date, so to speak.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
OB407-Triage said:
hi esteem. ATIP will show you the progress of your application. It does have a little delay. I passed the test a month ago, however, in my ATIP report, it only stated "Citizenship Test started". It didn't say anything in the "Test Result" section.

You can check all the Notes, and Events that happened to your file up to date, so to speak.
The GCMS report is useful to see if there are any reported problems, issues, concerns that have been raised/flagged with your file, but they are next to useless when your file is sitting in queue untouched for months or years, other than to tell you your file has been sitting in queue untouched for months or years.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not sure why you would need to ask for ATIP, you call CIC they will tell you all the notes that are entered in your file. if they are investigating, they will tell you that it is under review and background check in progress.

links18 said:
The GCMS report is useful to see if there are any reported problems, issues, concerns that have been raised/flagged with your file, but they are next to useless when your file is sitting in queue untouched for months or years, other than to tell you your file has been sitting in queue untouched for months or years.

esteem

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
OB407-Triage said:

Thanks for the reply OB407 Triage. I got my notice to prepare for test in Dec and still waiting for test date. No idea whats happening. Hope everything goes well.

Thanks once again.

esteem

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
vinaypuri said:
Not sure why you would need to ask for ATIP, you call CIC they will tell you all the notes that are entered in your file. if they are investigating, they will tell you that it is under review and background check in progress.
I called CIC and i didn't get proper answer from them. All they said was wait it would take 3months to 1year to get your test date.