+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline - test at Ottawa office

good2011

Jan 5, 2015
ottawaResident said:
Well folks, it's been a great ride so far, and the journey has only begun. Finally a Canadian citizen and can't thank this forum enough.

I'll pop by every now and then, but not as often. Good luck to everyone :)
Hi ottawaResident,

Can you share how long it will last for a oath ceremony? I was informed to attend at 8:45 am and would like to know when it will be done?

Thanks

good2011

Jan 5, 2015
venecolano said:
So, I had my ceremony today. Happy ending!!!! We were just 22 people.

One of the officers told me that there are more ceremonies coming soon. Two for Ottawa and two for Kingston on July 1st.

I hope you are among the lucky ones.
Hi venecolano,

Can you share how long it will last for a oath ceremony? I was informed to attend at 8:45 am and would like to know when it will be done?

Thanks

venecolano

Aug 28, 2014
It depends on how many people are attending the ceremony. The more people, the longer, since every person has to receive the certificate and shake hands with the judge and other invitees.

good2011 said:
Hi venecolano,

Thanks

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passed the test today 20/20. Read the book many times, and it'll be easy. Interview went well I think. The lady looked through my passport and said she has no concerns. Now waiting for the oath invite :)

Good luck everyone!

good2011

Jan 5, 2015
venecolano said:
It depends on how many people are attending the ceremony. The more people, the longer, since every person has to receive the certificate and shake hands with the judge and other invitees.
Thanks. Is there any approximate time for a ceremony of 20-30 people?

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good2011 said:
Thanks. Is there any approximate time for a ceremony of 20-30 people?
So you've gone through all this waiting time and all the frustrations that comes along with it only to be worried now about how long the ceremony lasts ??
Trust me, many of us here would be willing to attend a 1-week-long-non-stop ceremony if it was offered to us right now or even in the next 2 months.

good2011

Jan 5, 2015
AsianIndian said:
So you've gone through all this waiting time and all the frustrations that comes along with it only to be worried now about how long the ceremony lasts ??
Trust me, many of us here would be willing to attend a 1-week-long-non-stop ceremony if it was offered to us right now or even in the next 2 months.
You do?? Keep waiting~ for attending your 1-week-long-non-stop ceremony
Others may have a normal daily schedule and something more important to do

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good2011 said:
You do?? Keep waiting~ for attending your 1-week-long-non-stop ceremony
Others may have a normal daily schedule and something more important to do
They do ?? I suggest somebody gives them a medal for having such a normal daily schedule and something more important to do

good2011

Jan 5, 2015
AsianIndian said:
They do ?? I suggest somebody gives them a medal for having such a normal daily schedule and something more important to do
Alright....Just don't do anything but only keep waiting....for attending your 1-week-long-non-stop ceremony!

And my question is: Does anybody know the approximate time for a ceremony of 20-30 people?

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Quick question for those on here who may have ordered ATIP in last 3-4 months while you were in process with the ATIP report from around when you were EITHER waiting to do test OR done with test and waiting on oath.

Can you check your ATIP in the OATH section of the report and confirm if back then (when your ATIP report was pulled) the Activity# field highlighted below in red already had some text in it WITH THE LAST 4 being numbers. Can you further confirm if those last 4 numbers ended up being the MM/DD format for your oath date when you finally got that letter later on ?

It appears that they pre-decide/assign (I am guessing) a certain Oath Date when the initially load your application on system and as the officer THEN starts to review your application, they try to stick to that date if it is routine.

--------------------------

OATH: 1
GCMS Information Request: Application
Request Identifier:
Requested Date:
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
Family Name:
Given Name:
Type: Oath
Assigned To:
Assigned By:
Due Date:
UCI #:
Status Updated By:
Status Updated Date:
Activity #:
Event ID:
Event Sub Type:
No Show:

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
any responses to above posting ?

Also, those who had oath this week in Ottawa..can you share experience..

Also, Did someone say they had Oath July 22 and 24th in Ottawa?

but I see no dates posted online... thats odd..are you guys still on for today and July 24th oath in Ottawa ?

maysee

Dec 9, 2014
Hello All,

Its been 10 months journey ended today ......here is my time line
29 th sept 2014 application recieved
3rd december AOR letter dated
7th Jan 2015 in Process
14th jan transfered to local office
25th jun test
22 july oath.... family application ... local office ottawa

I Thank all the people on this forum . this forum is very informative and helpful at times. Once again Thanks and I wish all of you the very best and good Luck ........... Salute