+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline - test at Ottawa office

MecMec

Mar 11, 2014
Lets create a thread for oath timeline after the citizenship test at the Ottawa Office.

Please share your update.

Test in mid Feb., waiting for the oath letter.

MecMec

Mar 11, 2014
Cadbury74 said:
Passed test & interview Feb 13th 2014, Ottawa, ON
I just happened to know a person (a friend of my wife) who got his test in Feb. 24 and he is waiting for the oath letter.

BTW, have you heard of anyone who took his/her test in Feb. 2014 and already got the oath date?

MecMec

Mar 11, 2014
Cadbury74 said:
No, nobody.
These are the latest samples I have collected from this forum and Immigration.ca:

test oath

Friends of Maks Jan. 6 Mar. 5 (from Immigration.ca , tread topic: Timeline for Ottawa CIC office)
Ottawannabe Jan. 8 Mar. 7 (from Immigration.ca , tread topic: Timeline for Ottawa CIC office)
Mike15 Jan. 8 ? (no further info. provided as of Feb. 4 , tread: Citizenship timeline from Ottawa)
Canacit Feb. 11 waiting
Cadbury74 Feb. 13 waiting
MecMec Feb.18 waiting
my wife friend Feb.24 waiting

Feel free to add your updates.

MecMec

Mar 11, 2014
MecMec said:
These are the latest samples I have collected from this forum and Immigration.ca:

test oath

Friends of Maks Jan. 6 Mar. 5 (from Immigration.ca , tread topic: Timeline for Ottawa CIC office)
Ottawannabe Jan. 8 Mar. 7 (from Immigration.ca , tread topic: Timeline for Ottawa CIC office)
Canacit Feb. 11 waiting
MecMec Feb.18 waiting

The citizenship page gets updated and there are two oath ceremony on Mar. 24 and 25 at Ottawa. We might get some good news soon.

canacit

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I've seen the oath ceremony updates. Hope we will get oath invite. I called Cic today nothing so far and they said I should wait till August!!!

MecMec

Mar 11, 2014
canacit said:
Yes I've seen the oath ceremony updates. Hope we will get oath invite. I called Cic today nothing so far and they said I should wait till August!!!
We need more samples to be able to conclude sth. Lets see if other test takers from Ottawa will join and update our data base.

MecMec

Mar 11, 2014
MecMec said:
We need more samples to be able to conclude sth. Lets see if other test takers from Ottawa will join and update our data base.
Hi all, Ottawannabe mentioned that his/her oath letter was received on Feb. 18 which was about 40 days after his/her test date.

I think in a routine case we should expect sth around 40 days to get oath letter in Ottawa.

Maybe if the interviewer officer didn't discuss/question anything, then we might consider that as a good sign (maybe a sign of a routine case??).

Let us know if you have any comments.

MecMec

Mar 11, 2014
MecMec said:
Hi all, Ottawannabe mentioned that his/her oath letter was received on Feb. 18 which was about 40 days after his/her test date.

I think in a routine case we should expect sth around 40 days to get oath letter in Ottawa.

Maybe if the interviewer officer didn't discuss/question anything, then we might consider that as a good sign (maybe a sign of a routine case??).

Let us know if you have any comments.
Hi all, some new info for Ottawa folks, I called CIC and it seems they have two types of notice (timewise): they might send a letter two weeks before oath or one month. I doubt that we would receive anything for the upcoming oath ceremonies (in Ottawa) on Mar. 24 and 25, unless you get the letter by the end of this week. However, the good news is that the CJ will be here (at least) on Mar. 24 and 25 (or maybe sooner) which means he/she will review new files during his/her stay in Ottawa. It seems the CJ for Ottawa is coming from another city.
So, I think we could expect new round of oath letters to be sent for Ottawa folks after Mar. 25th.

MecMec

Mar 11, 2014
MecMec said:

test oath

Mike15 Jan. 8 ? (no further info. provided as of Feb. 4 , tread: Citizenship timeline from Ottawa)
Canacit Feb. 11 waiting
MecMec Feb.18 waiting
exempligrata Feb. 19 Mar. 27 (from Immigration.ca , tread topic: Timeline for Ottawa CIC office)

Mike15

Feb 4, 2014
MecMec said:

test oath

Canacit Feb. 11 waiting
MecMec Feb.18 waiting

I had my oath ceremony on Mar. 7 as well. When it updated on the CIC website, the invitation was dated Feb 7th, but that update didn't show up until Feb 12th. Good luck guys, you're not too far behind me.

MecMec

Mar 11, 2014
Mike15 said:
I had my oath ceremony on Mar. 7 as well. When it updated on the CIC website, the invitation was dated Feb 7th, but that update didn't show up until Feb 12th. Good luck guys, you're not too far behind me.
Thanks for your comment Mike15.
Here is the latest update for Ottawa folks:

test oath

Mike15 Jan. 8 Mar. 7
Canacit Feb. 11 waiting
MecMec Feb.18 waiting
exempligrata Feb. 19 Mar. 27 (from Immigration.ca , tread topic: Timeline for Ottawa CIC office)

Guys I just want to add a point, the exempligrata case is a little bit different from others: first he/she wrote that his/her profile was updated in a weekend which sounds a little bit odd to me. Second, he/she mentioned that the oath letter was dated Feb.13 and he/she received it next day in Feb. 14 (which is again a little bit fast for Canada post!). I think exempligrata case can be considered as an outlier (an observation point that is distant from other observations!).

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check the Timeline Table for completed applications in your area (Ottawa included):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArnuR0El8SEtdEhMS0dQNEQwVXppZ3VDdWNsVlM0TXc&usp=sharing#gid=0