Hello All,

Its been 10 months journey ended today ......here is my time line
29 th sept 2014 application recieved
3rd december AOR letter dated
7th Jan 2015 in Process
14th jan transfered to local office
25th jun test
22 july oath.... family application ... local office ottawa

I Thank all the people on this forum . this forum is very informative and helpful at times. Once again Thanks and I wish all of you the very best and good Luck ........... Salute
Congratulations

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
Tamara_,

Any news on your end ? Have you requested ATIP for yourself ?
Not yet, I haven't ordered ATIP and I will not order. I am fed up of how Ottawa office is treating its applicants. As if we are beggars.

J.A.

Aug 5, 2014
J.A. said:
Ladies and gentlemen,
Today I found out that there are 4 citizenship ceremonies that are scheduled to take place in Ottawa in June 2015. 2 ceremonies on June 15 and 2 on June 16, 2015.
Has anyone been invited to those ceremonies yet?

My citizenship test was on May 4th and I haven't heard anything so far. Any updates from anyone please?

J.A.

My timeline: Application received: Aug 13, 2014. Letter acknowledging receipt of application sent Oct 20, 2014. Started processing application Dec 30, 2014. Application sent to Ottawa office Jan 2015.
Citizenship test and Interview: May 4, 2015.
I thought I should let you all know that I finally got my citizenship on July 1st, 2015.
The citizenship staff were really nice. I sent a request asking if I could have my citizenship on the 1st of July as it is my birthday. I received a call letting me know that my request was approved. I was in tears :)
It was such a special birthday, Canada Day and citizenship day!
I wish all the members of this forum the best of luck :)

Adieu!

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
JA,

Congrats ! Two Questions:

Did you send your request by letter or by email ?

If you sent it by email, what email did you use ?

R

J.A.

Aug 5, 2014
us2yow said:
JA,

Congrats ! Two Questions:

Did you send your request by letter or by email ?

If you sent it by email, what email did you use ?

R
I called CIC and asked if it is was possible, explaining my timeline and that I was already expecting my citizenship appointment anytime. I was advised to send my request by fax to the Ottawa office and they gave me the fax number for this office.

Mm71

Mar 11, 2015
I took the test last week and today I received an invitation for oath ceremony in my mailbox. That's super fast! Unfortunately, I have to reschedule it because it's the same day, same time as my final exam. grrrrr

ottawanboy

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mm71 said:
I took the test last week and today I received an invitation for oath ceremony in my mailbox. That's super fast! Unfortunately, I have to reschedule it because it's the same day, same time as my final exam. grrrrr
Congrats!. What is your timeline?

Mm71

Mar 11, 2015
ottawanboy said:
and when is your oath date? Thanks!
I send in my application in in the last week of May 2015 and received acknowledgement letter in the mid of June 2015. I received invitation to take test in the last week of November 2015. I sat the test on Dec 2nd. I received invitation for oath ceremony on 11th Dec 2015. Hope that helps.

helmy

Oct 2, 2008
Mm71 said:
I send in my application in in the last week of May 2015 and received acknowledgement letter in the mid of June 2015. I received invitation to take test in the last week of November 2015. I sat the test on Dec 2nd. I received invitation for oath ceremony on 11th Dec 2015. Hope that helps.
Congratulations, you received invitation letter on 11th , but when your ceremony date?

Thank you

Mm71

Mar 11, 2015
helmy said:
Congratulations, you received invitation letter on 11th , but when your ceremony date?

Thank you
18th and the letter is dated 4th. So, they sent it 2 days after my test. I hope I don't have to wait too long for new date.