+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline - test at Ottawa office

jiwon21c

Apr 21, 2015
J.A. said:
Hello Jiwon21c,
Thank you for posting your timeline. I'm surprised that you were scheduled for June 17, 2015. Are you taking the test in Ottawa?
CIC website only has two dates (15/16 June 2015) with two ceremonies on each day.

J.A.
Thanks J.A.

Yes, I already went through the test on April, 16.

John

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
venecolano said:
Ok, I finally received the oath invitation today, my oath will be on the 23rd of June.

:p :p :p :p :p :p
Congratulations. happy for u. I hope I will be the next. ;)

J.A.

Aug 5, 2014
venecolano said:
Ok, I finally received the oath invitation today, my oath will be on the 23rd of June.

:p :p :p :p :p :p
Congratulations! How did you receive the invite - and was there an update online?

venecolano

Aug 28, 2014
Yes, last night it still said in process, this morning I checked again and it said decision made.

Today I got the letter, a white piece of paper date June the 9th.

J.A. said:
Congratulations! How did you receive the invite - and was there an update online?

J.A.

Aug 5, 2014
venecolano said:
Yes, last night it still said in process, this morning I checked again and it said decision made.

Today I got the letter, a white piece of paper date June the 9th.
Mmmmm so this means that online status is not updated immediately. You can get the letter first.
I'll keep checking my mailbox everyday on my way home. I want to book my flight for my summer holiday and don't want to send them a letter to postpone the ceremony.
It's been 5 years since we had a summer holiday so really looking forward to it, but don't want to keep waiting for another appointment for the ceremony.

venecolano

Aug 28, 2014
Actually I was supposed to travel next week but I had to cancel my flight. Because it was an Aeroplan reward ticket it was easy and I can rebook later with no many fees to pay.

So, I guess you wait. I talked to the CIC call center on Monday, thinking I would not receive the invitation and the lady there told me that if you travel and want to postpone the oath you have to send supporting docuements, reason for unavaibility, etc, etc, so if you can avoid that, you better wait.

J.A. said:
Mmmmm so this means that online status is not updated immediately. You can get the letter first.
I'll keep checking my mailbox everyday on my way home. I want to book my flight for my summer holiday and don't want to send them a letter to postpone the ceremony.
It's been 5 years since we had a summer holiday so really looking forward to it, but don't want to keep waiting for another appointment for the ceremony.

J.A.

Aug 5, 2014
venecolano said:
Actually I was supposed to travel next week but I had to cancel my flight. Because it was an Aeroplan reward ticket it was easy and I can rebook later with no many fees to pay.

So, I guess you wait. I talked to the CIC call center on Monday, thinking I would not receive the invitation and the lady there told me that if you travel and want to postpone the oath you have to send supporting docuements, reason for unavaibility, etc, etc, so if you can avoid that, you better wait.
The problem is that they have never been consistent on the time between the test and the oath. Some people got their invite after 2 months after the test and some got it in less than 3 weeks. When I called the call center they told me the same thing. Their advice was to go ahead with my travel plans and send a "registered" letter to CIC Ottawa office to let them know of my leave days, because we applied as a family and will will all not be available. The call centre agent even sent me an email with the instructions on how to notify the cic office of my leave. Tickets are getting more expensive but I think I will just give it another week then book my flight for July 7th and then send the letter to cic if I don't hear anything by July 2nd.

kkhrom

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Guys,

My tournament with cic is about to come to an end. I have an oath on June 16. received a letter on June 5 in a mail box however ecas has not been changed so far.

I wish you all the best and get your brown envelope with invitation as soon as possible. Be aware that e cas might not be changed and check your mailboxes regularely. Thanks G-d Canada Post has not lost oath letter otherwise I could have not even known about my oath date as cic agents in call center are reluctant to tell anything.

all the best to you all

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kkhrom said:
HI Guys,

My tournament with cic is about to come to an end. I have an oath on June 16. received a letter on June 5 in a mail box however ecas has not been changed so far.

I wish you all the best and get your brown envelope with invitation as soon as possible. Be aware that e cas might not be changed and check your mailboxes regularely. Thanks G-d Canada Post has not lost oath letter otherwise I could have not even known about my oath date as cic agents in call center are reluctant to tell anything.

all the best to you all
Congratulations ... Ottawa Office is moving. yay

J.A.

Aug 5, 2014
kkhrom said:
HI Guys,

all the best to you all
Congratulations and thank you for all your contributions to this forum! We will definitely take your advice and check mailbox everyday :)

pan1234

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kkhrom said:
HI Guys,

all the best to you all
Congratulations!!!!!!!:)

I gave my test last year in may but not news for Oath :(

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pan1234 said:
Congratulations!!!!!!!:)

I gave my test last year in may but not news for Oath :(
Pan1234, did you have an RQ? Did you try contacting CIC? What's your timeline?