+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline - test at Ottawa office

waitingforaction

Feb 21, 2014
Rosalia said:
Hi All..
What does it mean when we check CIC website to see upcoming ceremony events and i don't find the word (Ottawa) under Ontario in the list as usual??
i know the last shown ceremony was April 11th, but i hope this doesn't mean that things are slowing down again having to ceremony in the horizon!

You are right!
I Just checked it!

This is worrisome :eek:

AyazCrantz

Apr 16, 2014
Hi guys , i just did an exam 24 feb 2014 still didnt get anything about Oath ? Does anyone heard anything about 24 feb exams ?

Rosalia

Mar 21, 2014
@ waiting for action: exactly..i felt like something is weird!!!
and here we have a new friend who had his exam on Feb 24th and didn't get an oath letter yet!!
I thought that feb test takers are all done!

@AyazCrantz..unfortunately..i know no one who took the test on Feb 24th..did you try to call CIC for an update?

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow !! nice bud.

even though it does not show any ceremony online that day , this indeed really a very good news for all those waiting people.

so you my friend have busted a myth : that ottawa is no longer doing any ceremony in april / may .
you dont even know how much i am happy for you .. good luck my friend

Rosalia

Mar 21, 2014
congratulaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaations waiting for action
great news:)
we r so happy for u
and as computer said...that is a very good sign

rk3

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irvas said:
I had the test March 21st and my ecas shows Oath on May 13th Ottawa.
Congrats .. waht was your time line.. Thanks!

AyazCrantz

Apr 16, 2014
I took the test at Feb 24 still waiting for oath probably i am gonna get at RQ or something because i see people who did their test in march 13 and they get their oath dates me still didnt do anything

irvas

Jul 15, 2013
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 15, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 15, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on July 3, 2013.

4.We sent you a notice on February 26, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 20, 2014 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5.We sent you a notice on April 17, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 13, 2014 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

waitingforaction

Feb 21, 2014
c0mputer said:
wow !! nice bud.

even though it does not show any ceremony online that day , this indeed really a very good news for all those waiting people.

so you my friend have busted a myth : that ottawa is no longer doing any ceremony in april / may .
you dont even know how much i am happy for you .. good luck my friend

Thank you Computer!

This is just shows how good of person you are, hope that you will get the letter soon.

Ottawa971

Apr 9, 2014
irvas said:
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 15, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 15, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on July 3, 2013.

4.We sent you a notice on February 26, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 20, 2014 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5.We sent you a notice on April 17, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 13, 2014 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Congrats my friend, that is one fast process :eek: haha

CanadianToBe2

Mar 25, 2014
I received an Oath letter today in the mail. My oath is scheduled on May 13 :)

I hope you all get your Oath letters soon.

See you at the polling station in October :)