+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline - test at Ottawa office

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
I have a clarification.

When applying one provides passport info (bio page) for ONLY those passports relevant to LAST 4 YEARS OF APPLICATION. That is clear.

But, when you say they ask you to bring all passports - current and expired - to interview.

Does this mean -> all passports (current and expired) ONLY from last 4 year period relevant to application

OR absolutely ALL passports someone has ever had ????

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ALL PASSPORTS
since when you first came to canada .
FOR AN EXAMPLE : you might have had came before as a student and kicked out from here and did immigration after loosing your old passport getting a new one from your home country after 5 or six years .

they wanna make sure that you intent to stay in canada and you came here without any prior removal history/criminal history /illigal entry or anything else (including but not limited to historical connections to some questionable countries in the past....i.e frequest visits to *%^*%&$$stan or russia or ghana or north korea that you can not explain j/k ) .
this may prevent you from being citizen and must have had occasional visits out side of country and should have stayed in canada for lot many days thru out then stayed barely 1100 days in last four years - only to get citizenship and then flee somewhere else forever .

hope this makes sanse .cheers

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
so basically, ALL passports the applicant has in his / her possession

(i.e. all the old cancelled passports from one or more countries and all the current active ones).

YES ?

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CO WILL ask you if you ever had any other passports then what you have provided to CIC?

this question is intended for you to provide all the details for all passports including but not limited to last four years passports . i mean absolutely all passport you ever had . hope this helps .

Rosalia

Mar 21, 2014
Hello Macintosh...
nothing from my side..
am still waiting for an input from the three friends before me,,starting from Robbie who had the test on March 12th..
wish things gets faster..waiting is so annoying!

Rosalia

Mar 21, 2014
Am trying to be optimistic..looking at the history of the last two friends here who had taken the exams on Feb 18th (MecMec) and Feb 19th (exempligarata), they received their oath letter invitation on the 21st of March and 13th of March, respectively...
Almost 4 weeks for MecMec and 3 weeks for exempligarata after the exam date..
Hope Robbie 78 who took the exam on March 12th update us..
Maybe he received a letter already:)

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Hi Ottawa 971,
call cic and askabout the status of your application as more than 36 months have passed since they received your application., what your e-cas is saying ?? did you get ATIP notes ? what is your local office ?? is your application transferred to St.Clair after sending back RQ??

Ottawa971

Apr 9, 2014
moti said:
Hi Ottawa 971,
call cic and askabout the status of your application as more than 36 months have passed since they received your application., what your e-cas is saying ?? did you get ATIP notes ? what is your local office ?? is your application transferred to St.Clair after sending back RQ??
Hi Moti, i called CIC and told me to call back in 90 days to get all the information needed.. my e-cas says " in process". I didn't get my ATIP notes and i don't really know how get it, local office is Ottawa I'm guessing and i don't know if my application is transferred to St.Clair.

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Hi Ottawa 971, go to this link and apply for atip notes.if you do not know your file number just write location canada, if you applied from canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/DEPARTMENT/atip/requests-personal.asp

Rosalia

Mar 21, 2014
Hi All..
What does it mean when we check CIC website to see upcoming ceremony events and i don't find the word (Ottawa) under Ontario in the list as usual??
i know the last shown ceremony was April 11th, but i hope this doesn't mean that things are slowing down again having to ceremony in the horizon!