+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline - test at Ottawa office

Rosalia

Mar 21, 2014
Congratulations for the oath dear computer...
For my others friends..am posting my timeline:
Applications for a mother (me) and 2 kids sent by UPS and received July 25th 2013
Applications started processing October 4th 2013
Test March 21st 2014
Oath May 16th 2014
Passport applied May 25th and made ready by 26th 2014

Wish you all the best..i feel with your concerns..but i think Ottawa office is processing fast without QR for most (if not all the people) i heard about who passed the exam recently...so relax and wait:)

Jane0040

Jun 11, 2014
Hello.
May be not the right spot to ask, but I couldn't find a better topic...

Finally was able to retrieve information about my Citizenship status application which
Was send at the end of March 2014
According to the official website:
April 7 2014 - received/send acknowledgement/send Discover Canada Book
June 3 2014 - in Process

But I still don't have any of those in my mail. :eek:
Should I try calling CIC?

Grateful for an answer.

Please give advice.

pan1234

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jane0040 said:
Hello.
May be not the right spot to ask, but I couldn't find a better topic...

Finally was able to retrieve information about my Citizenship status application which
Was send at the end of March 2014
According to the official website:
April 7 2014 - received/send acknowledgement/send Discover Canada Book
June 3 2014 - in Process

But I still don't have any of those in my mail. :eek:
Should I try calling CIC?

Grateful for an answer.

Please give advice.
You will not get anything in mail regarding process. Just wait for your letter which will be for test or if you did travel may be RQ (not necessary) and it could be take sometime. But I heard that CIC is not taking very long time may be by this year end or starting of 2015 you will get letter to write citizenship test. Are you in Ottawa office?

kkhrom

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
called cic office today. asked them about the status of my application as I've passed the test on april. I was shocked to hear that they are reviewing my RQ that as if I sent them in April.))) I told them that I never got and therefore did not send them any RQ))) they told me to clarify it with the local office. What the hell it might be?

kkhrom

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called them again and they told me that they received RQ submitted by me on May 22, 2014!!! that's weird!! I never got any RQ and of course never submitted any!!!! what the hell is going on?!

OTTAWA2014

May 16, 2014
The whole processing is confusing, Some people who had their test in April already become citizen, but there are some march one still waiting, I am also waiting for my oath, I passed my test in April too, but still waiting. I also know somebody they applied last year and the whole process was done in a year. Ottawa seems to be very slow when it comes to update. I thing when the file is transferred to local offices, then it is the local office who update your status on E-case, I did speak to CIC agent and they said there are no update as your local office may be busy, so it is not CIC in Sydney who update your status. Let hope this frustration will come to an end soon.

OTTAWA2014

May 16, 2014
It seems like there are only few people from Ottawa who joined this forum. Till March this forum was really busy, I can request to everybody who are waiting f or Oath please join so we can keep our self and other motivated and to kill waiting time.

kkhrom

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm in Ottawa, bro.. I could say nothing good due to my recent conversation with cic... It looks like they have a total mess. I gave them too many supporting documents with my application, so one of the officers decided that I had a RQ(((( I don't know what to do. It looks like that thanx to one of the officers who did not look carefully at my file I'll be waiting for my oath for another year or two((( the whole process is a huge insult. I feel like a second sort men((( sad, very sad(((

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
kkhrom
can you shed more lights from starting about your case. it seems you are saying if we submit extra documents with application that will trigger RQ. strange i have never heard such a story.. its so scaring

Intel

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2005-09
Med's Request
2009-08
Med's Done....
2009-10
Passport Req..
2010-05
VISA ISSUED...
2010-06
LANDED..........
2010-07
kkhrom said:
I'm in Ottawa, bro.. I could say nothing good due to my recent conversation with cic... It looks like they have a total mess. I gave them too many supporting documents with my application, so one of the officers decided that I had a RQ(((( I don't know what to do. It looks like that thanx to one of the officers who did not look carefully at my file I'll be waiting for my oath for another year or two((( the whole process is a huge insult. I feel like a second sort men((( sad, very sad(((
I suggest that you order your case notes through ATIP.

Although officers are known to have mistakes from time to time, the cause of having RQ can be from the same supporting documents you sent to avoid RQ. There is a history of officers verifying documents through phone calls and the Internet.

BTW, did you travel to USA after becoming PR (specially as 1-day trips)?

kkhrom

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To intel:) yes I had couple of 1 day trips to US. And couple 2-4 day trips. But as I say again the strange thing is that they insist that I received a RQ and submitted answers on it that I in fact never did.
Btw what do you mean the officer investigate it through internet?

kkhrom

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To blueshirt) actually before I submitted my application I was aware that almost 90% of applicants receive RQ that makes the process as very long, cause after a year of waiting they sent people a RQ and that meant another year to wait. So I took as a sample the standart RQ questions and submitted all possible additional documents. The thing that makes me mad is that after the test the officer told me that I was good and she did not give me any RQ. She told me to wait from 1-3 month that are needed for a CJ to check the file which is a standart procedure. Now they say that they gave me a RQ to which I submitted answers on May 22))) this is absolute BS , as I never received a RQ and never submitted answers on it