+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath timeline after test for Edmonton office March/April/May applicants 2015

mastaana

Jan 10, 2016
Finally got my oath letter. :)

One more thing that I would like to tell that I called call center a day or two ago and informed that my ECAS shows that date and time of the oath. He confirmed of the same. Following which I told him that I have not recieved the oath letter yet. He informed me that oath letter is not necessary, he emailed me list of the things that I have to bring at the time of my oath should I don't receive the letter before oath. Here is the list of things that you need to bring if you do receive your oath letter but you know the date and time of the oath.

Required documents for the citizenship ceremony

When you attend the citizenship ceremony, you must bring the following documents with you:

- (If available) The Notice to appear to take the oath of citizenship letter,
- Two pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it (e.g. driver’s license, health card, passport, etc),
- All your original documents that support your citizenship application (e.g., Immigration Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688), birth certificate, etc.),
- Your Permanent Resident card, if you have one,
- All passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired), and
- (Optional) A holy book of your choice, if you wish to use one to swear on for the Oath of Citizenship.

If you do not bring the required documents, the officer at the local CIC office will decide if you can attend the citizenship ceremony or not.

Asclepius

Dec 9, 2015
As promised here is an update of my application's timeline:

Filed: November 5th 2015
AOR: November 18th
Test: January 18th
Oath: February 10th

I'm impressed on how fast the process has been. Edmonton is speeding up applicants, if you're still waiting rest assure yours is coming very soon.
Best of luck to all applicants!

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
Asclepius said:

I'm impressed on how fast the process has been. Edmonton is speeding up applicants, if you're still waiting rest assure yours is coming very soon.
Congratulations that is awesome done in three months and 5 days wish you all the best

Yukaa08

Jan 23, 2016
Asclepius said:

Did you get any decision made online?

Asclepius

Dec 9, 2015
Yukaa08 said:
Did you get any decision made online?
Hello Yukaa08, yes I did. O got a letter on the mail and thats how I found out. When you asked if there was a notification online I checked, and there it was

Yukaa08

Jan 23, 2016
Asclepius said:
Hello Yukaa08, yes I did. O got a letter on the mail and thats how I found out. When you asked if there was a notification online I checked, and there it was
I see! Do you know how long you waited for the letter?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Congrats to all Citizenship Oath invitees. Cheers !!!

Wow, CIC Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary offices are doing excellent jobs.

Whereas, the CIC offices on East Coast still think its Christmas Time, holiday season they need NOT work at full steam. ;D

godisgreat

Jun 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Congrats to all Citizenship Oath invitees. Cheers !!!

Wow, CIC Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary offices are doing excellent jobs.

Whereas, the CIC offices on East Coast still think its Christmas Time, holiday season they need NOT work at full steam. ;D

Wish you all very best of luck!