Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
vinaypuri said:
You don't have to withdraw. Just re-apply. See this -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/general/multiple.asp
Many thanks Vinay for such valuable piece of info. Honestly, if I have knew it or read it before, I would have surely re-applied.

Probably, the readers on this forum are much more knowledgeable and informed than the most damn immigration attorneys :eek:

Readers on this forum feel and the pain of other readers and try to help each other. Appreciate it very much.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Many thanks Vinay for such valuable piece of info. Honestly, if I have knew it or read it before, I would have surely re-applied.

Probably, the readers on this forum are much more knowledgeable and informed than the most damn immigration attorneys :eek:

Readers on this forum feel and the pain of other readers and try to help each other. Appreciate it very much.
So basically CIC wants the newer, higher application fee. LOL!

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:

Immigration lawyers reap a nice profit from this whole RQ farce. I happened to speak with one such lawyer who told me that since the admission of RQ in 2012 he's been getting much more clients requesting help in their citizenship applications.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ItkExpert said:
Immigration lawyers reap a nice profit from this whole RQ farce. I happened to speak with one such lawyer who told me that since the admission of RQ in 2012 he's been getting much more clients requesting help in their citizenship applications.
Duh! Of course. The system rewards them and they in turn reward the CIC. If CIC worked efficiently, immigration lawyers would be unemployed.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Rayan14 said:
So basically CIC wants the newer, higher application fee. LOL!
Precisely, each and everyone is out to screw the consumers / common man, the government and commercial rules are too designed how best to rip us off, on one or other pretext. :eek:

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys you think that call center agents saying that an officer has been assigned to the case is just a trick to generate a mirage of progress on our files so we are satisfied and stop calling them ? I have seen some people report being told that without any substantial progress.

OttawaBuddy

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
ItkExpert said:
Guys you think that call center agents saying that an officer has been assigned to the case is just a trick to generate a mirage of progress on our files so we are satisfied and stop calling them ? I have seen some people report being told that without any substantial progress.
This information is in my ATIP file. I mean that officer was assigned.
Progress and CIC ;D Sounds like inconsistent definitions.

ironmat500

Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Possibly IMO but not 100% sure. I noticed this trend started since Mid Feb / Early March… some got “an officer has been assigned to your case” others got “preliminary review of the RQ is complete, referred to another officer for second review/decision” …etc. with no definite conclusion. Could be just like the letters some RQ recipients got back in December 2013 “to be prepared for the test..”

ItkExpert said:

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ironmat500 said:
Possibly IMO but not 100% sure. I noticed this trend started since Mid Feb / Early March... some got “an officer has been assigned to your case” others got “preliminary review of the RQ is complete, referred to another officer for second review/decision” ...etc. with no definite conclusion. Could be just like the letters some RQ recipients got back in December 2013 “to be prepared for the test..”
It could be that before officer was assigned there was queue with a 10,000 applicants who are at the responsibility of 10 officers with no specific applicants assigned to specific officer. After the officer was assigned those 10 officers divide up the initial queue and now each applicants is in queue "only" with 1000 more applicants but there is only one officer responsible for this queue. In this case the "assigned to officer",although sounds promising , note does not mean much. (Numbers are made up and are for sake of illustration only).

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ItkExpert said:
It could be that before officer was assigned there was queue with a 10,000 applicants who are at the responsibility of 10 officers with no specific applicants assigned to specific officer. After the officer was assigned those 10 officers divide up the initial queue and now each applicants is in queue "only" with 1000 more applicants but there is only one officer responsible for this queue. In this case the "assigned to officer",although sounds promising , note does not mean much. (Numbers are made up and are for sake of illustration only).
True.

I wonder if I should've withdrawn a year ago. These CIC morons waste our time.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
True.

I wonder if I should've withdrawn a year ago. These CIC morons waste our time.
They are not morons . I am sure they are paid good taxpayer $ and they are free to determine their own deadlines and goals. In my book everybody who lands such a job is everything but a moron :)

farhadf80

Jul 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
can someone tell whats mean in my ATIP .. type Decision status Granted in 2014 / december

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:

Your Welcome my friend!.

I plan to send another app as soon as the new 4/6 take affect. By then I would have built almost 6 years of residency. So hopefully with the new SOP (operating procedures) CIC will processing it centrally at Sydney leading to Just in Time decision making. With 4/6 rule in affect, it will reduce the workload on CIC considerably for a year, so chances are we can get citizenship quickly.

My MP has advised me CIC St. Clair has over 100,000 RQ applications and their staff is augumented to sort those out. I do belive reviewing RQ throughly is a tough job esp I sent about 2KGs of my hitoric crap via Canada Post :). So I don't think St. Clair can get to all our RQ anytime soon until 2016.

Either ways!, wish you all the best.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
vinaypuri said:
Your Welcome my friend!.

I plan to send another app as soon as the new 4/6 take affect. By then I would have built almost 6 years of residency. So hopefully with the new SOP (operating procedures) CIC will processing it centrally at Sydney leading to Just in Time decision making. With 4/6 rule in affect, it will reduce the workload on CIC considerably for a year, so chances are we can get citizenship quickly.

My MP has advised me CIC St. Clair has over 100,000 RQ applications and their staff is augumented to sort those out. I do belive reviewing RQ throughly is a tough job esp I sent about 2KGs of my hitoric crap via Canada Post :). So I don't think St. Clair can get to all our RQ anytime soon until 2016.

Either ways!, wish you all the best.
Wish I had this info before that one can have two applications at the same time. But now, I'm on the verge of decision point either way. I understand even the newer applications submitted in last 3 -4 months taking about 6 months time to process.

When would the new rules of 4/6 be effective from ? If they claim JIT (Just in Time) why would they still need one year to process... ;D

Even if CIC hike the fee to $2000 per application, people would curse but end up paying it, after all immigrants are voiceless minority.

If the government dare to intend raising 1% tax, they would be lot of noise from everyone ;D

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Wish I had this info before that one can have two applications at the same time. Alas, I'm on the verge of decision point either way. I understand even the newer applications submitted in last 3 -4 months taking about 6 months time to process.

When would the new rules of 4/6 be effective from ? If they claim JIT (Just in Time) why would they still need one year to process... ;D
Exact date of 4/6 is not published. But it will be around Mid June. I plan to send app end of June.