+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
armyman said:
Forgot to mention that they ask for RQ on the test day. And just last month they asked for additional documents - OHIP records, License History, Children's Birth certy & immunization records, Canada ENtry/exit form, Spouse's Notice of Assessments. This is so ridiculous that my wife is not even interested in becoming citizen anymore.
It is wield! Did you provide OHIP records and other documents when you submitted your RQ two years ago? I assume everyone being RQed should have already provided those documents. It is strongly suspected that CIC intentionally delays your case or even would like to make some trouble for you so that you yourself can abandon your application.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
006007 said:
It is wield! Did you provide OHIP records and other documents when you submitted your RQ two years ago? I assume everyone being RQed should have already provided those documents. It is strongly suspected that CIC intentionally delays your case or even would like to make some trouble for you so that you yourself can abandon your application.
Well, I submitted my RQ way back in Sep 2012, I dont remember that time they asked for OHIP records. Unless, this is a new requirement to verify if the candidate was actually present in the country during that period.

Knowing CIC reluctance to process the files, it may be an intentional and hidden agenda, as a last weapon of torture to justify the further delay in processing of files. Guess, they are getting the sadistic pleasures.....

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Its nothing but dirty tricks by CIC to stop the candidates from calling them for information. CIC does not want to process the applications on one or other pretext. Its just terrible & yet CIC doing these things unashamedly,yet going unaccountable for their high handedness.

The elected officials are too are equally irresponsible not to question the CIC, as they know candidates does not matter to them.
I hope the Cons are defeated next year.

Lunaking

Nov 28, 2014
Rayan14 said:
I hope the Cons are defeated next year.
I hope that the conservatives win ontario next time and federal next year. For hard working taxpayers, we care more about where our money is going and how it is spent. Almost every liberal government nearly broke the country by their spending.
When it comes to citizenship, the system was broken and the cons are fixing it. We had to face delays and unnecessary stress, but everything will come back together strong and clear.

If you do care about your economy and taxes then you should care to whom you vote.

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
I got my oath letter on November 17th. It was dated November 13th and invited me to take the oath December 2nd at Scarborough Town Centre.

The ceremony was not particularly exciting, even though its importance was, justly, hammered home at length by the officiating judge. She gave a rather long-winded speech about her success as an immigrant, and how Canada is a land of milk and honey. Granted, Canada is a fantastic country and a very good place to live, but it's very easy for a public servant making six figures to tell me that life is easy.

In all, I'm very happy Canada wants me here and it's very nice that the application process is finally over with.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Swede said:
I got my oath letter on November 17th. It was dated November 13th and invited me to take the oath December 2nd at Scarborough Town Centre.

The ceremony was not particularly exciting, even though its importance was, justly, hammered home at length by the officiating judge. She gave a rather long-winded speech about her success as an immigrant, and how Canada is a land of milk and honey. Granted, Canada is a fantastic country and a very good place to live, but it's very easy for a public servant making six figures to tell me that life is easy.

In all, I'm very happy Canada wants me here and it's very nice that the application process is finally over with.
Land of milk and honey and yet most people leave Canada as soon as they get their Cdn passports. LOL!

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Well, I submitted my RQ way back in Sep 2012, I dont remember that time they asked for OHIP records. Unless, this is a new requirement to verify if the candidate was actually present in the country during that period.

Knowing CIC reluctance to process the files, it may be an intentional and hidden agenda, as a last weapon of torture to justify the further delay in processing of files. Guess, they are getting the sadistic pleasures.....

Will the letter requesting to see the judge be shown on online status?

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lunaking said:
I hope that the conservatives win ontario next time and federal next year. For hard working taxpayers, we care more about where our money is going and how it is spent. Almost every liberal government nearly broke the country by their spending.
When it comes to citizenship, the system was broken and the cons are fixing it. We had to face delays and unnecessary stress, but everything will come back together strong and clear.

If you do care about your economy and taxes then you should care to whom you vote.
I used to be a Cons fan too. But you have it wrong. It was the Federal Libs who balanced the budget in late 1990s and the Mulroney cons who nearly bankrupted the country in 80s and 90s and introduced the dreaded GST/PST/HST... taxes. The new conservatives we see today are anti immigrants even though they claim to represent new-comers.

Ladygaga-93

Jan 22, 2014
Hi walrus,
Is the 36 months counted from application date or started processing date or RQ submitted date?
My time line as below:
Application received Augest 2011
Started processing 30 May 2012
RQ sent to me June 2012
I returned RQ on July 2012
Passed the test 29 July 2014
Still waiting....
Ordered ATIP last month, couldn't find any remarkable thing, except below dates,
Immigration July 8, 2015
RCMP, GRCC 6 jan 2016
CSIS, SCRS empty
Can anybody advise, what are these dates,

Ladygaga-93

Jan 22, 2014
006007 said:

To 006007'
I saw some were you are encouraging us to write to Immigration Minster about the blockage we are still suffering, see my timeline in the former post.
Would you help me to make a list for people who have been waiting for more than 36 months from application time.
I think our voice will be louder if we gather in one letter other than sending individual letters.
Also see my last post regarding dates in ATIP,
Please advise

moti

Oct 24, 2012
good idea ,ladygaga-93

for dates ,I think they are expiry dates for the security RCMP and Immigration clearances.

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ladygaga-93 said:
006007 said:

To 006007'
I saw some were you are encouraging us to write to Immigration Minster about the blockage we are still suffering, see my timeline in the former post.
Would you help me to make a list for people who have been waiting for more than 36 months from application time.
I think our voice will be louder if we gather in one letter other than sending individual letters.
Also see my last post regarding dates in ATIP,
Please advise
I did already. I sent a very polite and reasonable email to Chris at the end of October, explaining him our situation (not only me) that many victims like us, whose files were put on the shelf because of no reason (we satisfy every condition and have very strong supporting documents). I understand that CIC staff are very busy and now the process has already improved a lot, such as the processing time for the current applicants is signficantly reduced. But please keep an eye on us, the old applicants who have already waited for more than 2 years or even 3 years and the most important thing, we fit all the conditions but are delayed through RQ by no reasons. I courtesily asks him to move some CIC staff to handle our cases, not until the deadline.

However, as expected, no reply has been received. It appears that CIC totally ignored my email. I would suggest more of you do the same thing to see if things can be improved.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Here is my timeline: but I have a question. I am not sure what the last item is about as I have not received the letter yet. Could it be a request for finger prints? more ducuments? thanks

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 20, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 20, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on July 31, 2012.

We sent you a notice on February 19, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 12, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a letter on November 14, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

walrus189

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Ladygaga-93 said:
Hi walrus,
Is the 36 months counted from application date or started processing date or RQ submitted date?
My time line as below:
Application received Augest 2011
Started processing 30 May 2012
RQ sent to me June 2012
I returned RQ on July 2012
Passed the test 29 July 2014
Still waiting....
Ordered ATIP last month, couldn't find any remarkable thing, except below dates,
Immigration July 8, 2015
RCMP, GRCC 6 jan 2016
CSIS, SCRS empty
Can anybody advise, what are these dates,
The 36 months are what 80% of the non-routine processed cases required. It is important to note that there are 20% of the cases may have taken more than that. Judging by your timeline, you should be expecting something these days. I noticed that many 2011 applicants are receiving something about their applications these days (oath letter or additional documents request).

The dates in your post are for the validity of the various clearances.