+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

timing

Jun 9, 2011
Took the oath on December 6th 8:30AM at the Scarborough office. I was surprised how small the room was. Only about 65 people were there to take the oath. It doesn't seem like the room hold much more. Needless to say the journey is now over!!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
timing said:
Took the oath on December 6th 8:30AM at the Scarborough office. I was surprised how small the room was. Only about 65 people were there to take the oath. It doesn't seem like the room hold much more. Needless to say the journey is now over!!
Congratulations !!!, Can you please share your time line.

Ladygaga-93

Jan 22, 2014
Hi pepper1,
It looks that we share same time lines,
application sent on August 2011
In process May 30, 2012
Got RQ the next day June 2012
I replied to RQ on July 2012, sent to St Clair
Got 2 letters to prepare for Exam from St Clair office
Did the exam in Mississauga ( no idea why? MAY BE BECAUSE OF THE ADDRESS)
During interview, I discovered that nobody has looked in my RQ papers.
Still waiting for oath or judge!!!!
I order ATIP last month, they sent it by mail on CD, there was no decision maid on the papers, a lot of papers not disclosed, 189 papers containing my applications & supporting documents? There are 2 dates that I couldn't understand what they mean,
immigration, July 8, 2015
RCMP,Jan2016, please advise if you have any explanations for those dates.

Please share your time line & any advices that may help.

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
How was your test interview? Passport review and questions? This might decide if you go to the judge or to the oath.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is getting increasingly difficult to talk to someone at a CIC call center. It is like they don't want people to call in and they have made it a difficult process as such. CIC is perhaps the most wasteful govt department around. Shame on the ones who run it.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
sharanki said:
My CJ hearing is scheduled in the following week. I will let you guys know how it goes.
Wish you all the best, guess it's dould just be a formality. If possible, carry copies of relevant documents that would establish your ties to the country, such as rental / property doc's, T4 for previous years, pay stubs, utility bills & cell phone bills (Couple from past years).

If possible, please share your timeline and if you know the reason why you might have been scheduled for meeting with the CJ, were you short on number of minimum required days or any other reason. The reason bein, I'm short of required # of days and concerned about it.

Hopefully, you will come out happy and cheerful after your interview with the CJ, stay positive !!! ;D

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Rayan14 said:
It is getting increasingly difficult to talk to someone at a CIC call center. It is like they don't want people to call in and they have made it a difficult process as such. CIC is perhaps the most wasteful govt department around. Shame on the ones who run it.
Completely agree, the phone access to Call center is equally difficult as the process of application processing. CIC's transition to new phone system is another biggest joke. Hope they are not resurrecting Graham Bell from his grave to make their phone system work.

Another blatant excuse by the CIC to keep away the helpless applicants from reaching the CIC in any manner or mode.

In the time CIC is taking to make their new phone system work, Japanese Companies could have built a 8 lanes bridge across the Atlantic Ocean to connect the Europe. :p

pepper1

Sep 18, 2014
Ladygaga-93 said:
Hi pepper1,
It looks that we share same time lines,
application sent on August 2011
In process May 30, 2012
Got RQ the next day June 2012
I replied to RQ on July 2012, sent to St Clair
Got 2 letters to prepare for Exam from St Clair office
Did the exam in Mississauga ( no idea why? MAY BE BECAUSE OF THE ADDRESS)
During interview, I discovered that nobody has looked in my RQ papers.
Still waiting for oath or judge!!!!
I order ATIP last month, they sent it by mail on CD, there was no decision maid on the papers, a lot of papers not disclosed, 189 papers containing my applications & supporting documents? There are 2 dates that I couldn't understand what they mean,
immigration, July 8, 2015
RCMP,Jan2016, please advise if you have any explanations for those dates.

Please share your time line & any advices that may help.
my application is also o8/2011 i have do idea what cic is doing evertime i call cic it is a different answer

armyman

Dec 8, 2014
pepper1 said:
my application is also o8/2011 i have do idea what cic is doing evertime i call cic it is a different answer
Here's my timeline:

Received your application on April 2011.
Started processing your application on October, 2011.
File was transferred to the St Clair office on January, 2012.
Citizenship test on April 2012.

Total of 44 months. :-[ :'(

armyman

Dec 8, 2014
armyman said:
Here's my timeline:

Received your application on April 2011.
Started processing your application on October, 2011.
File was transferred to the St Clair office on January, 2012.
Citizenship test on April 2012.

Total of 44 months. :-[ :'(
Forgot to mention that they ask for RQ on the test day. And just last month they asked for additional documents - OHIP records, License History, Children's Birth certy & immunization records, Canada ENtry/exit form, Spouse's Notice of Assessments. This is so ridiculous that my wife is not even interested in becoming citizen anymore.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
armyman said:
Forgot to mention that they ask for RQ on the test day. And just last month they asked for additional documents - OHIP records, License History, Children's Birth certy & immunization records, Canada ENtry/exit form, Spouse's Notice of Assessments. This is so ridiculous that my wife is not even interested in becoming citizen anymore.
Can't blame her. The conservative govt has devalued the worth of the once prestigious Canadian citizenship.

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
armyman said:
Have you considered ordering ATIP to see what's holding here file? ATIP shows the notes they put in your file.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Completely agree, the phone access to Call center is equally difficult as the process of application processing. CIC's transition to new phone system is another biggest joke. Hope they are not resurrecting Graham Bell from his grave to make their phone system work.

Another blatant excuse by the CIC to keep away the helpless applicants from reaching the CIC in any manner or mode.

In the time CIC is taking to make their new phone system work, Japanese Companies could have built a 8 lanes bridge across the Atlantic Ocean to connect the Europe. :p
Been trying to call the CIC slackers for days. All I hear is that they are having 'higher than normal' call volumes and can't transfer my call. It is outrageous. I despise their system, delays and tricks.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Rayan14 said:
Been trying to call the CIC slackers for days. All I hear is that they are having 'higher than normal' call volumes and can't transfer my call. It is outrageous. I despise their system, delays and tricks.
Its nothing but dirty tricks by CIC to stop the candidates from calling them for information. CIC does not want to process the applications on one or other pretext. Its just terrible & yet CIC doing these things unashamedly,yet going unaccountable for their high handedness.

The elected officials are too are equally irresponsible not to question the CIC, as they know candidates does not matter to them.