Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
ronin21 said:
Finally my long journey to citizenship is over! Below is my timeline. Took the test in July 10th and file approved and transferred to Mississauga mid Sept. Today I received the invitation to oath in Mississauga for end of October. As I guessed Mississauga is fast and finally something good happened during my 3 years wait!!! ;D

Home office St. Clair

Applied Oct 5, 2011
Processing started on June 15, 2012
RQ received on June 2012
RQ response June 2012
Notice to prepare for test, Dec 2013
Test and interview, early July 2014
File approved and granted September by St.Clair transferred to Miss
Notice to appear for oath end of Oct 2014

Congrats !!!, Nice to know that at last your torture has come to an end. ;D

bravepeople

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
@ comestai: when your file was approved/granted by St. Clair office? (Date can be found in your ATIP, if you have ever applied for that).

@ Tbb: What is the date you returned your RQ to the CIC?

@ 006007 : Is your test/interview office the same as St. Clair? If yes, do you mind to share your timeline? (1. Start processing, 2. sending back RQ to CIC, 3. Test/interview in St. Claire )

@ ronin21 : congrats! :) (just to be sure: was your test/interview in St. Clair office?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avwv2JB05vdtdGQ1eWZHenJncjE5dnZHak1MRVkxd2c&usp=drive_web#gid=2

ronin21

Jul 17, 2014
Thank you everyone, I am very hopeful and confident those who are waiting will see the light soon! fingers crossed

@ brave yes I took the test and interview at St. Clair office (my home office). Interview went well and took only few mins.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ronin21 said:
Thank you everyone, I am very hopeful and confident those who are waiting will see the light soon! fingers crossed

@ brave yes I took the test and interview at St. Clair office (my home office). Interview went well and took only few mins.
Congrats.

comestai

Mar 6, 2014
bravepeople: My file was approved and sent to Scarborough office on Sep 22.
I have received ATIP twice but they were prior to Sep 22.
We are 3 in the family, all have applied and passed on Feb 13. Files are waiting for ceremony at SCB
this was told by the call centre representative.

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
bravepeople said:
@ comestai: when your file was approved/granted by St. Clair office? (Date can be found in your ATIP, if you have ever applied for that).

@ Tbb: What is the date you returned your RQ to the CIC?

@ 006007 : Is your test/interview office the same as St. Clair? If yes, do you mind to share your timeline? (1. Start processing, 2. sending back RQ to CIC, 3. Test/interview in St. Claire )

@ ronin21 : congrats! :) (just to be sure: was your test/interview in St. Clair office?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avwv2JB05vdtdGQ1eWZHenJncjE5dnZHak1MRVkxd2c&usp=drive_web#gid=2
start processing Feb 2013, RQ sent May 2013, Test and interview Feb 24 2014.

Marylulu

Star Member
May 13, 2014
006007 said:
Do you think it is useful to send a letter to CIC? And if yes, which office should we send? CIC scarborough?
I wrote the letter to CIC scarbrough since I have been waiting for six month after text,but no answer until now.I am still waiting and call center told me that we need waiting for 36 month because we got Rq.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
comestai said:
bravepeople: My file was approved and sent to Scarborough office on Sep 22.
I have received ATIP twice but they were prior to Sep 22.
We are 3 in the family, all have applied and passed on Feb 13. Files are waiting for ceremony at SCB
this was told by the call centre representative.
Congrats !!!. What we read on this forum from the candidates whose files got approved in the last couple of months, at an average from the date of approval its taking about 90 days to schedule the Oath ceremony.

Read on other forum, CIC transfering some files to Missisuage location too for Oath ceremony. Its bad but you got few more weeks wait.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
006007 said:
Do you think it is useful to send a letter to CIC? And if yes, which office should we send? CIC scarborough?
Ideally you must direct all your correspondence to your local office, where you had your Citizenship test.

Its advisable to document all your interactions with the CIC for record's sake, but its hard to guess how soon they would respond. Knowing from the CIC recording on Call Center NEW phone system, they have NOT yet opened applications received after July 24, 2014. :eek:

Perhaps, the CIC department has ONLY one person working there - Minister of Immigration ;D ;D ;D

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Marylulu said:
I wrote the letter to CIC scarbrough since I have been waiting for six month after test ,but no answer until now.I am still waiting and call center told me that we need waiting for 36 month because we got Rq.
If your file was approved and moved to Scarborough. Its taking between 80-90 days for Oath from the date of approval. CIC call center staff work as the attack dogs, they discourage candidates from calling them. So they tell callers NOT to call before 35 months. So, dont worry. ;D