+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Fellows, those who have already taken the test but file was returned to RQ queue for unknown reasons, especially for those clean and clear files which are totally eligible for the requirements but were put in the RQ shelf.

Here is a possible solution:

"On October 16, 2014, Chris announced that more than 200,000 people have joined Canadian family since 2014 and backlog has been reduced by 13% .... Recent reforms allowed decision making officers to make progress on the backlog of non routine cases. Almost half of all cases in which RQ was issued have been resolved....a record number of decision makers will evaluate applicants to prove they meet the requirements. "

Source: http://www.newswire.ca/fr/story/1429408/improving-processing-times-welcoming-more-new-citizens

Let us write a formal letter or email sent to Chris, reminding him that there are a lot of victims like us whose files are clean but for some unknown reasons, were sent to RQ shelf for delay. And the worst part is no "decision makers" take care of those cases, just let them staying on the shelf, collecting dusts. We should suggest Chris to put an eye on those dusting files and let those "a record number of decision makers" to resolve those files soon, as promised by him.

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
006007 said:
Fellows, those who have already taken the test but file was returned to RQ queue for unknown reasons, especially for those clean and clear files which are totally eligible for the requirements but were put in the RQ shelf.

"On October 16, 2014, Chris announced that more than 200,000 people have joined Canadian family since 2014 and backlog has been reduced by 13% .... Recent reforms allowed decision making officers to make progress on the backlog of non routine cases. Almost half of all cases in which RQ was issued have been resolved....a record number of decision makers will evaluate applicants to prove they meet the requirements. "

Source: http://www.newswire.ca/fr/story/1429408/improving-processing-times-welcoming-more-new-citizens

Let us write a formal letter or email sent to Chris, reminding him that there are a lot of victims like us whose files are clean but for some unknown reasons, were sent to RQ shelf for delay. And the worst part is no "decision makers" take care of those cases, just let them staying on the shelf, collecting dusts. We should suggest Chris to put an eye on those dusting files and let those "a record number of decision makers" to resolve those files soon, as promised by him.
We can use the title "Don't forget us - We are still in the line for a long time"

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
006007 said:

You can email this thread's link to him or to his useless propaganda chief Chris Day via Twitter: twitter.com/CDAYOttawa

RS01

Sep 26, 2014
bravepeople said:
Hi RS01,

Time between your test and CJ approval is short and this is a good sign. congrats!
Hi Forum Members,

Finally my wait for the Canadian citizenship has ended. Yes, I received the pink letter yesterday for the oath ceremony on Nov 1st at Scarborough.
My timeline posted on ECAS:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 30, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 30, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 30, 2012.

We sent you a notice on May 23, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 5, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on October 20, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 1, 2014 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
*Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.

It was a long journey of 37 months and this forum has helped me a lot to understand the process of citizenship.
I wish all of you Good Luck and hope this endless journey will end soon.

Thank you so much for your support and guidance!

ronin21

Jul 17, 2014
RS01 said:
It was a long journey of 37 months and this forum has helped me a lot to understand the process of citizenship.
I wish all of you Good Luck and hope this endless journey will end soon.

Thank you so much for your support and guidance!
Congrats RS, indeed long journey, our timelines are similar and my oath will be one day before you. :)

Nyork

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
Congrats RS!
your timeline is similar to mine but my journey seems endless.
Good luck to all oath awaiters

powerpc

Aug 13, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sharing my experience of the oath ceremony:

- Scheduled at 8:30am at the CIC Scarborough court room
- Arrived late, at 9:00am
- Denied entrance to the court room as the ceremony has already began
- Was told to wait for a re-schedule, which normally takes weeks
- Talked to a CIC staff, and he took my invitation letter and "see what I can do"
- Called my name 15 minutes later, said he would try to seek for an additional seating for me, in the following ceremony.
- Granted to sit in the 10:30am ceremony
- Got into the courtroom at 10:15am, and Submitted PR card (no passports, IDs and original record of landing needed regardless the invitation says)
- Judge arrived, continued with opening proceedings
- Took my oath in both languages, repeated after the judge, line by line
- Judge issued certificates, name called one by one
- Sang the national anthem the first time as a Canadian
- Ceremony closed

A little bump due to the late arrival, but was glad that it worked out. Overall, it was a very memorable experience, and of course, I am very excited to be part of the country, officially.

"My name is John, and I am CANADIAN" - Molson Canadian...

---
I now have a very good understanding of the whole process of the application, I am willing to provide help. If you have a question for me, please raise it here on the forum. I will try to continue to monitor the forum for 6 more months, and answer questions, on a weekly basis.

Cheers!

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
powerpc said:
"My name is John, and I am CANADIAN" - Molson Canadian...

---
I now have a very good understanding of the whole process of the application, I am willing to provide help. If you have a question for me, please raise it here on the forum. I will try to continue to monitor the forum for 6 more months, and answer questions, on a weekly basis.

Cheers!
Congratulations! once again John. Finally you made it. We really appreciate your offer to advice us further. Do keep your inputs coming in and help us stay positive :)

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am deeply upset by the incident which took place in Ottawa. Don't know how it would effect our Citizenship applications. Any comments by you flocks? Please keep it only subject oriented, No religious, cultural or ethnic comments please. Remember we all suffer equally by the incident.

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
Moe... said:
I am deeply upset by the incident which took place in Ottawa. Don't know how it would effect our Citizenship applications. Any comments by you flocks? Please keep it only subject oriented, No religious, cultural or ethnic comments please. Remember we all suffer equally by the incident.
Hope not....but you never know. If it does we will be victim of somebody's wrong doing

moosh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys

By God's Grace finally got the pink letter!!!!!

Thanks to this forum and all of you for the support.
Felt so nice to know what's going on and to know that so many of us go
Through the same emotions.

Pray that all of you who are waiting get your dates soon iA

Thanks again

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
moosh congrats it a great news.
can you please share your entire journey from start to end especially the test scoring and interview. how did you do the interview and what all they ask.

moosh said:
Hi guys

Thanks again

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
moosh said:
Hi guys

Thanks again
Congrats Moosh

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moosh said:
Congratulations! Can you please let us know what documents you had submitted in RQ?

Were you working full time or contract in the past 4 year period?

Any trips outside Canada especially to USA?

Did you ever requested ATIP report? What was written latest in the Notes section? When did the Judge approve it?