+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
Hi Addu123.... I have see your time line and unfortunately my time line and your

is almost similar... applied January 2012... in process May 2012...

Resident questionnaire March 2013... Replied April 2013... since than

no progress in the file. applied three time atip report showing no progress.

today received the Minister Message that they have issue 50,000 citizenship from

August - October 15...Wow... but we are still unfortunate, have given them

tonnes of papers ...hope your journey and my journey will be over soon..
It looks the Min of Immigration lies a lot. What 50,000 new citizens? What about our files? I detest government liars.

amadreamer

Aug 13, 2014
powerpc said:
Hi Moe,

I prepared all the documents myself, except the notarized translation of my passport pages, which had to be done by an authorized agency.

Other than the obvious things they asked in the RQ letter, here is the extra I've dumped to them:

School/Work
1. University transcript from 2007-2012 (unofficial transcript, with course code, time taken, credit, and grades)
2. Internship employment letter 2010-2011, paystubs, as well as the school placement letter and recommendation letter from professor.
3. Graduation invitation in 2012, and photo copy of my degree.
4. Work employment offer 2012 (same company as internship), official employment letter with salary information, paystubs.

Bills/Statements:
1. Cell phone statements/bills from my cell provider (downloaded from online account).
2. CRA notice of assessments from each year (ordered from CRA via phone)
3. Credit card monthly statements (online pdfs)
4. Bank statements (online pdfs)
5. Property purchase agreements, annual property assessments from the city, as well as property tax bills (photo copies)
6. Utility bills (internet, gas and hydro... etc)
7. Automobile purchase, with car loan information

Healthcare/CBSA history:
1. OHIP claim history, ordered from OHIP
2. CBSA entries, ordered frmo CBSA
3. Family doctor provided me a history of my visits during the past few years (include annual body check up, referral to do other exams).

Social work/Charity volunteering:
1. Local charity work and volunteering documents (yes, with photos printed out)
2. Donation receipts

Basically, I tried to think reversely, and asked "what documents can show that I physically live here, and am willing to live here in a foreseeable future", then, the list above is the result (If I knew ahead the reason they wanted the RQ, I would not have threw that much of paper...).

I hope I didnt get into too much of detail and bored you. Cheers
Hello powerpc,

First of all, congratulations :D

I was reading your post and your timeline is similar to mine. I did my citizenship test in Feb. 7 and I was also requested RQ which I submitted in July/2013; I submitted proof of: apartment rent, college classes, doctor appointments, credit card bills, CRA assesments, and travel history, BUT for some odd reason I did not include utility bills, when I read your list and saw "utility bills" on your list I thought "Why I did not submit utility bills?". Something so important and it did not occur to me to add those, I guess I concentrated too much on the rest of the proof documents I submitted. Now i am worried, :-( :-( that I should have. I have not received the ceremony invitation as of yet. :-( :-(

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
amadreamer said:
Hello powerpc,

First of all, congratulations :D

I was reading your post and your timeline is similar to mine. I did my citizenship test in Feb. 7 and I was also requested RQ which I submitted in July/2013; I submitted proof of: apartment rent, college classes, doctor appointments, credit card bills, CRA assesments, and travel history, BUT for some odd reason I did not include utility bills, when I read your list and saw "utility bills" on your list I thought "Why I did not submit utility bills?". Something so important and it did not occur to me to add those, I guess I concentrated too much on the rest of the proof documents I submitted. Now i am worried, :-( :-( that I should have. I have not received the ceremony invitation as of yet. :-( :-(

I personally believe, having submitted so much evidence except one should'nt be the reason for delay in getting your oath letter.

CIC indiscriminately sent RQ to most & gained 35 months. Now if you ask the CIC, their answer is Oh you are'nt among those lucky 80%.

Seems, CIC have conveniently keeping all RQ candidates in 20%, let's keep praying for our better lucks ;D

RS01

Sep 26, 2014
powerpc said:
Hello Moe,

Online status was updated on the same day I received the mail.

Here is the copy-and-paste timeline from my eCAS:

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 4, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 4, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 6, 2013.

We sent you a notice on January 24, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 18, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on October 9, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 23, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Congratulations for completing this endless journey. Received my 1st ATIP today, my file was approved/granted by CJ on June 26 and transferred to Scarborough on June 30. It's been 3.5 months,,, still waiting for oath letter.

Will update again.

Thanks,

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just receieved my 2nd ATIP report. No changes from the last one. It seems my file has been collecting dust since the week after I took the citizenship test. It's so disappointing to see that the bums at CIC can't attend to a simple file 7-8 months after the test. How weird.

P.S: My file says 'hearing not required'

bravepeople

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
RS01 said:
Congratulations for completing this endless journey. Received my 1st ATIP today, my file was approved/granted by CJ on June 26 and transferred to Scarborough on June 30. It's been 3.5 months,,, still waiting for oath letter.

Will update again.

Thanks,
Hi RS01,

Time between your test and CJ approval is short and this is a good sign. congrats!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avwv2JB05vdtdGQ1eWZHenJncjE5dnZHak1MRVkxd2c&usp=drive_web#gid=2

powerpc

Aug 13, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
re: amadreamer

Ditto on what was commented about, I don't think utility bills would matter a lot given most of the evidences you submitted are strong enough to prove that you physically live here. You may want to apply for an ATIP if you haven't never done it. It helps in a way to relax you a bit if there is a progress (been there, done it). It's a very long tedious and frustrating process, we all feel the same here.

Just hang in there, we will all be there together soon.

re: RS01

Congratz! Well done buddy!

Cheers all!

janoo

May 16, 2014
Yes our long journey one day will be end... am tired now waiting since Jan. 2012..

whenever I call I get same answer my RQ under Que to review since

April 2013... my file lying at St.Clair under Que to review.....

God bless us and make our journey end....

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
janoo said:
Yes our long journey one day will be end... am tired now waiting since Jan. 2012..

whenever I call I get same answer my RQ under Que to review since

April 2013... my file lying at St.Clair under Que to review.....

God bless us and make our journey end....
I know the frustration...what can we do beside waiting patiently.

comestai

Mar 6, 2014
Hello again,

Today I called CIC, as I have mentioned earlier my file was transferred to Scarborough office to schedule for oath.
CIC mentioned to me that the file is with scarborough office since Sep 22 and I could be scheduled for Oath any time soon.
I have mentioned to them that I will be away in November for 2 weeks than her reply comes "I will push your file for earlier action".
I really don't know how far CIC can be helpful in this area? Any experience from the forum?

Tbb

Mar 18, 2014
I received my 2nd ATIP yesterday. It says my file has been returned to RQ queue @ scarboro as Cic still has some concerns that were not addressed at interview.

The issue , I believe, is that CIC are suspicious of certain candidates (for whatever reason) however they have exhausted their list of questions and there is nothing else that can be done from their side except sit and wait until the file becomes a priority and they have to grant. My file is clean and I have been employed as a full time engineer for the past 7 yrs. with 3 weeks vacation/yr . There is nothing left for them to dig up.

Fyi: my time line is listed in the excel sheet.

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Tbb said:
I received my 2nd ATIP yesterday. It says my file has been returned to RQ queue @ scarboro as Cic still has some concerns that were not addressed at interview.

The issue , I believe, is that CIC are suspicious of certain candidates (for whatever reason) however they have exhausted their list of questions and there is nothing else that can be done from their side except sit and wait until the file becomes a priority and they have to grant. My file is clean and I have been employed as a full time engineer for the past 7 yrs. with 3 weeks vacation/yr . There is nothing left for them to dig up.

Fyi: my time line is listed in the excel sheet.
Totally agree!! I am in the same position as well. My file is very clean. Full time of residency, employment, very clear entry/exit stamps in the passport. And I really can't find out one single reason they should pull me out for delay. But actually they did :mad:

The issue is not we are in a suspicious position but they intentionally delay our cases for some hidden rules. Is there anything we can do for that? Seeing those who apply in 2014 and get the oath at the same year is really insulting for us. Do you remember a couple of years ago, CIC frozen those skilled immigration applicants and delay their cases, but take priority on those applications under the new skilled immigration rules who apply much later? In the end, Kenney axed those frozen applications through the bill. Will Chris do the same thing on us? :eek: :eek:

ronin21

Jul 17, 2014
Finally my long journey to citizenship is over! Below is my timeline. Took the test in July 10th and file approved and transferred to Mississauga mid Sept. Today I received the invitation to oath in Mississauga for end of October. As I guessed Mississauga is fast and finally something good happened during my 3 years wait!!! ;D

Home office St. Clair

Applied Oct 5, 2011
Processing started on June 15, 2012
RQ received on June 2012
RQ response June 2012
Notice to prepare for test, Dec 2013
Test and interview, early July 2014
File approved and granted September by St.Clair transferred to Miss
Notice to appear for oath end of Oct 2014

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
006007 said:
Totally agree!! I am in the same position as well. My file is very clean. Full time of residency, employment, very clear entry/exit stamps in the passport. And I really can't find out one single reason they should pull me out for delay. But actually they did :mad:

The issue is not we are in a suspicious position but they intentionally delay our cases for some hidden rules. Is there anything we can do for that? Seeing those who apply in 2014 and get the oath at the same year is really insulting for us. Do you remember a couple of years ago, CIC frozen those skilled immigration applicants and delay their cases, but take priority on those applications under the new skilled immigration rules who apply much later? In the end, Kenney axed those frozen applications through the bill. Will Chris do the same thing on us? :eek: :eek:
I'm sorry to state, I have strong hunch that the CIC has some hidden filters and profiling system. However clean and verifiable records one has, yet some files are been dragged for those reasons. Its unfortunate, frustrating but helplessly we have to endure this painful process.

torontorian

Jul 26, 2014
I am hoping someday at least my grand children will be able to see my oath letter when I will no longer have that opportunity.