+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

mono70

Aug 31, 2014
CONGRATULATION TORONTERS 8) 8) 8) 8)

my test 12 jun in st, Clair,I order my first Atip still not receive it it will be soon after 5 days , what you mean of some reasons- the intent to stay et.

toto1234

Aug 8, 2012
torontores said:
Thank you guys!! :)

To Canadiandesi2006:

My physical residence was 3 years and 1 months. I think my case was delayed because of some reasons- the intent to stay etc. However, it is a long story and
it is case by case... I know your case is short of residence days, my suggestion is how about consulting professionals to see if withdrawal then re-submit a good idea? As I know, the timeline for the current case is 7 months on average. Just provide you another option..

To kdta:

I believe it is because I applied for ATIP, then Judge approved my case, on my first ATIP report, there was something like 'Citizenship was granted..' along with the Judge Name which occurred about 1 week after I applied for the ATIP. And also from this report, I get to know my case was transferred to Scarborough for
oath arrangement.

And then I wait for 1 months more, nothing happened, I call CIC several times, no progress, then I applied for 2nd ATIP, however, there was no relevant progress on this report. So I assume ATIP has no effect on facilitating the oath arrangement.

My case is over 35 months, during this period, I try to mail CIC, update my status including my involvement with community work and my current job situation etc to let them know I really concern about this matter...
Can you please check about your security clearances expiry. Were they valid at the time of judge approval. I want to ask if any security clearances expired after judge approval or not. If expired please let know so i can assess whether they are still relevant after judge approval or not.

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
toto1234 said:
Can you please check about your security clearances expiry. Were they valid at the time of judge approval. I want to ask if any security clearances expired after judge approval or not. If expired please let know so i can assess whether they are still relevant after judge approval or not.
As far as I know, the security clearance must be valid when judge is ready to approve your case , otherwise they will request a new one.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
toto1234 said:
Thanks, my main concern is due to huge misstep by my attorney, as a result I ended up 59 days short.

Strange situation, thinking if I withdraw my application now, possibly they might have considered its just 59 days and approve. In that case, I will lose almost 3 years of waiting for nothing. On other hand, they might go by the book and reject too for this shortage.

If I get a clearer idea, I can take a better decision. My Foss and Security clearance are valid for another one year from now.

torontores

Jul 10, 2014
Yes, they probably grant you citizenship probably not, it all depends. The positive sign was they invited you to take the test, that meant they did consider grant you the citizenship.

But even if you withdrawl your case, that does not mean you are wasting of time, as I knew people may be rejected by only one or two days of shortage. To re-sumit your case is to ensure you meet the requirements and right now the processing time is more predictable. Probably you can ask Call center regarding this or even sent a letter to CIC to get their advice.

But be prepared before you contact them, make sure your reasons make sense and remember to show them your qualification such as the community involvement, job status, tax receipt etc.

Gook Luck!! :)

To Toronto1234:

My expiry date for the clearance is 2016.

examinfeb

Apr 14, 2014
Withdrawing an application is a strong trigger for RQ on a subsequent application. But you will get citizenship 100%, at the end of a (max) 36 months from now if you reapply. As opposed to 50-60% (who knows, just guessing) in another 12 months from now if you stay. Tough call, indeed. I'd wait, but it's just me.

toto1234

Aug 8, 2012
To Toronto1234:

My expiry date for the clearance is 2016.

[/quote]

Expiry is usually one year. Can you please confirm that your FOSS and RCMP clearances (first page of ATIP) was valid after the Judge approval and before the oath inviatation. One person i know his application (Test March St Claire ) was approved by the Judge in June (clearances were valid at that time) but he has not received oath invitation as yet and his FOSS expired during this month. Any comments on this situation. My opinion is that delay in receiving oath is first due to unknown reasons and then the expiry of clearances. Any one else in this situation.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Thanks, my main concern is due to huge misstep by my attorney, as a result I ended up 59 days short.

Strange situation, thinking if I withdraw my application now, possibly they might have considered its just 59 days and approve. In that case, I will lose almost 3 years of waiting for nothing. On other hand, they might go by the book and reject too for this shortage.

If I get a clearer idea, I can take a better decision. My Foss and Security clearance are valid for another one year from now.
Don't you think they'd have rejected your application by now? I have heard of cases whose apps were approved when the applicants' physical presence in Canada was way way lower than the minimum requirements.
I think they look at the overall picture of your application and now just your residency days. Don't panic.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Rayan14 said:
Don't you think they'd have rejected your application by now? I have heard of cases whose apps were approved when the applicants' physical presence in Canada was way way lower than the minimum requirements.
I think they look at the overall picture of your application and now just your residency days. Don't panic.
Thanks, in the last 4 years, I had a short assignment in USA. As a result falling short of minimum days required. My wise attorney either missed considering my absence or since scrutiny was'nt too rigid that time I suspect he taken a risk but now I'm stuck.

Since last 8 years, the house lease is in my name, live here family and kids, paying utilities bills and taxes regularly. If CIC ask me for residence proof that will surely help me. However this uncertainty is quite unsettling.

Surprisingly even in St.Claire new applications are taking just 7 months. I'm holding back, considering withdrawing and re-applying might unnecessarily raise suspicions.

comestai

Mar 6, 2014
Need help to understand.,
I called CIC this afternoon and received the reply " you are technically been granted citizenship" and waiting for ceremony date.
Has anybody received reply like this? any advise or experience?

Test passed on Feb 13th at St.clair.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
comestai said:
I called CIC this afternoon and received the reply " you are technically been granted citizenship" and waiting for ceremony date.

Wow !!! that's great news indeed. It means you are already approved & have to wait for the Oath ceremony slot. Now it all depends upon number of approved candidates waiting in the pool. At the most, you are few weeks away from your destination.

You may consider calling the agents next week, ask date on which your file got approved. Compare with other candidates approval / Oath dates on different sites to get an idea. Wish you all the best, you got reason to be happy and celebrate now.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
comestai said:

Congrats.
That's weird. How would they know? Normally they wouldn't know if it is not granted.
However check your mail box tmrw.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Thanks, in the last 4 years, I had a short assignment in USA. As a result falling short of minimum days required. My wise attorney either missed considering my absence or since scrutiny was'nt too rigid that time I suspect he taken a risk but now I'm stuck.

Since last 8 years, the house lease is in my name, live here family and kids, paying utilities bills and taxes regularly. If CIC ask me for residence proof that will surely help me. However this uncertainty is quite unsettling.

Surprisingly even in St.Claire new applications are taking just 7 months. I'm holding back, considering withdrawing and re-applying might unnecessarily raise suspicions.
You don't have to justify it to me. I was merely saying they would've rejected your application if they wanted to.