+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontob said:
Citizenship applications were never a problem in the multiple Liberal governments and it only became an issue when Conservatives came in power. Coincidence? NO! I can understand overseas embassies backlog of parental applications but there was adequate resources for becoming a citizen in under 2 years back in mid 2000 and now all a sudden everyone got RQ. Surprised? shouldn't be - it was to pass the new citizenship act. Does this guarantee quicker service? MAYBE for a while until they play the same game again to pass another law.
That's why they have to be taught a lesson next year for hurting people like us.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
There are many stakeholders that benefits from these types of delays including community centers. Anyhow, I think immigrants need a union :)
Any lawyers can comment if that would be legally possible?

TerraNova

Sep 3, 2014
Hi Guys,

Here is my timeline:

1.We received your application on October 3, 2011.

2.We started processing your application on June 13, 2012.

3. RQ requested June 2012 and sent July 2012

4.We sent you a notice on February 13, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 7, 2014

5.We sent you a notice on September 2, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 27, 2014

It took me 36 months to since I send my application.

I've followed this forum regularly and having the chance to know other similar situations helped me to be patient.

Thank you and good luck to every one of you!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
TerraNova said:
Hi Guys,

Here is my timeline:

4.We sent you a notice on February 13, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 7, 2014

5.We sent you a notice on September 2, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 27, 2014

I've followed this forum regularly and having the chance to know other similar situations helped me to be patient.

Wow, Congratulations !!! it's nice to see some good news trickling...have a nice weekend !!!

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
I am still waiting folks :mad:

6 months and 2 weeks since I did my test!!!

By mid September it will be 3 months since cic sent a notification to the local office and I have never heared anything yet positive or negative " I beleive on no news good news" but that long though!!!

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TerraNova said:
Hi Guys,

Here is my timeline:

Congrats. 36 months. Horrendous. But glad you got it.
It appears that March 2014 test takers are being lined up for their oath ceremonies. Maybe October will be the month for April test takers.

bravepeople

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Congrats TerraNova, good news.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avwv2JB05vdtdGQ1eWZHenJncjE5dnZHak1MRVkxd2c&usp=drive_web#gid=2

janoo

May 16, 2014
Congratulation, am looking for your time line look that CIC trying to meet the

given processing time, if this is the case than all those waiting for long time

may get the oath letter within the processing time i.e. non-routine 35 months

hope my case to be resolve asap, now am entered into 33 months waiting

file in the que for RQ review...

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
janoo said:
Congratulation, am looking for your time line look that CIC trying to meet the

given processing time, if this is the case than all those waiting for long time

may get the oath letter within the processing time i.e. non-routine 35 months

hope my case to be resolve asap, now am entered into 33 months waiting

file in the que for RQ review...
Indeed, together we all enduring this terrible, tough and long journey. Now we are seeing some light at the end of tunnel. Hopefully very soon we will get our Oath invitations too. Stay strong & be positive, our boat too will reach the shores soon.... ;D ;D ;D

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
I impressed with your optimism canadiandesi2006!!

This is the best way to look at it as being obsessed over something you have no control on it will make your sick "which I am now" but I am going to adapt your positiveness and stay patient!

Thanks for for your supportive comments!

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bravepeople said:
Congrats TerraNova, good news.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avwv2JB05vdtdGQ1eWZHenJncjE5dnZHak1MRVkxd2c&usp=drive_web#gid=2
Good work.

torontorian

Jul 26, 2014
36 months had never been the processing time of RQed applications neither the 24 months were for routine ones. These period of times are primarily the average time required for processing applications in the preceding year. In fact, there is no time limit for processing citizenship applications, unless the case is exceptional one, we don't know. From couple of months to several years have been seen in this from that many applications required to have their applications completed. During our interview we were told we would be hearing the results by 4 to 5 months, but the promise we have seen remains unfulfilled in many cases. Within next few months many applicant s waiting period will cross the 36 months period but still have to hear the same music, wait, and wait and wait.....we are working on it.....we are working in it....we are working out of it, we are working at it, wait, and wait and wait,.....

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Torontorian, I agree 100%, the same old story by CIC even after 36 months, " Your file is in Process " :mad:

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontorian said:
36 months had never been the processing time of RQed applications neither the 24 months were for routine ones. These period of times are primarily the average time required for processing applications in the preceding year. In fact, there is no time limit for processing citizenship applications, unless the case is exceptional one, we don't know. From couple of months to several years have been seen in this from that many applications required to have their applications completed. During our interview we were told we would be hearing the results by 4 to 5 months, but the promise we have seen remains unfulfilled in many cases. Within next few months many applicant s waiting period will cross the 36 months period but still have to hear the same music, wait, and wait and wait.....we are working on it.....we are working in it....we are working out of it, we are working at it, wait, and wait and wait,.....
I honestly don't know what we can do to raise pressure on the CIC bums and Conservative govt other than replacing them next year with a government that is responsible and less racially biased.

applicant314

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Rayan14 said:
I honestly don't know what we can do to raise pressure on the CIC bums and Conservative govt other than replacing them next year with a government that is responsible and less racially biased.
Sorry, but the only people that are racially biased are people like you. I'm from central Europe and still got a RQ. My file is is also stuck at St. Clair.
In over 6 years in Canada, I have never encountered any sort of racism. The "racially biased" conservative government even has ministers that belong to a visible minority. So did the CIC officer who conducted my interview.

At least try to be somewhat fair (or reasonable). Making such a broad racism statement means that 1. you think that Canadians are racist enough to vote for a racist government, and that 2. I clearly deserve to receive an RQ, because you are suffering from process delay due to your skin colour.
Although this forum is super helpful and most users are super nice, I strongly object how many people play the racism card here and haven't understood at all what is expressed in the Discover Canada guide.