Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
ronin21 said:
Not true, the main purpose of OB407D was to assess the residency concerns during interview and by this can help RQ application proceed to oath faster. Many reports on this forum and the other one (including my own experience) quotes clearly that RQ has been reviewed prior to test. This review does not necessarily mean in depth review, could be even right before test. If the residency concern remains after interview and initial review, file be forwarded for in depth review and probably long wait. Many pretest RQ's who took the test in past months already got their oath meaning their response and interview was satisfactory to the officer. Anyway if someone submits all documents requested with RQ, there shouldnt be any concern.
At least from the candidates input on this forum, its established beyond any reasonable doubt that almost all candidates at St.Claire location had their RQ's. Its unlikely every candidate for St.Claire location has residency issues.

After the test and satisfactory interviews with the officers, documents verified without concerns raised and candidates were told to expect Oath in few weeks / couple of months. Yet most have been waiting for over 6 months. Its not so the case with other offices.

utarkashi

May 7, 2014
I had got RQ in April 2013. Office was mississauga and later file moved to st. clair. I got 2nd fingerprint request in march 2014.

Tbb

Mar 18, 2014
I would like to add to the current discussion. If CIC has some suspicion of inconsistency, but the applicant has met all criteria, meaning residency requirement and security checks have been passed, then they face a conundrum. I believe they will hold the file until a date where they legally have to act in order to avoid going to court or they will wait until applicant files for hearing or somehow escalates the situation. I have read the summary of court cases and if CIC request information from a third party, lets say CSIS, and they get no reply, they will just leave the file and let it sit. If CIC cannot and their own questions about an inconsistency then the file will sit and gather dust.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Tbb said:
I would like to add to the current discussion. If CIC has some suspicion of inconsistency, but the applicant has met all criteria, meaning residency requirement and security checks have been passed, then they face a conundrum. I believe they will hold the file until a date where they legally have to act in order to avoid going to court or they will wait until applicant files for hearing or somehow escalates the situation. I have read the summary of court cases and if CIC request information from a third party, lets say CSIS, and they get no reply, they will just leave the file and let it sit. If CIC cannot and their own questions about an inconsistency then the file will sit and gather dust.
I suspect CIC is implementing demographic filters to maintain the balance of ethnic composition of the country by delaying the process.

With abundance of resources at the disposal of CIC, the excuse of workload does not make much sense. CIC knows the process bottlenecks, how it causes inconveniences to candidates and might know the solutions too and but DOES NOT want to resolve them.

When candidates met required criteria why their files gathering dust for years. CIC department acts without any accountability, Online show status "In Process" for ever. As such, things moves at snails pace. CIC has Call Center staff who mostly acts as attack dogs....

Honestly speaking, CIC can do much better if it has will, transparency, accountability and been monitored by some federal agency.

freebird3000

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Is is now 100 % proven to me that CIC is intentionally delaying our citizenship grants.

My friend applied for citizenship 7 month ago . long story short , he got his Canadian passport last week . ( total 7 month )
he also had trips out of Canada . Funny enough , he was out of country when CIC invited him to take oath .
his brother received the oath letter in mail , and asked him to finish his 2 month vacation and to come back to Canada as soon as possible .

he was not questioned by CIC....funny

obviously , CIC is targeting the innocent people like us .
CIC never catches those who trick the system or even live out of canada .

CIC announced that they have canceled 11000 citizenship in 2012 and 2013 due to various reasons. but i dont even believe this for a second .
they are just intimidating people for no reason .

if CIC is that efficient that its officers can track 11000 people and cancel their citizenship , then how come it takes them forever to find out if we have lived in canada or not even after we submit so called " ridiculous RQ" plus tons of other documents ????

CIC website announces that on july 1st , 3000 people became citizen , even last month , they announced 3000 people became citizen in Scarborough ..... where are these people ? if these numbers are true , then why we were not included ? are we criminals ?

I am so sick and tired of CIC . so many CIC officers have to look at OHIP , phone bills , bank statement in order to find out if we have lived in Canada or not. CIC officers are afraid of losing their well -paid jobs , benefits , pensions and etc..so they are keeping our files in process . This way they can keep their jobs.

I pray God would transform CIC and its decision making officials in a more positive way .
I pray God would stop CIC from playing with innocent people's lives and destinies .

This is my last message on this forum . If i get my oath letter , I will update you guys .
its been almost 6 month since I took my citizenship test .

God bless you all .

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Totally agree. It is politics

freebird3000 said:
Is is now 100 % proven to me that CIC is intentionally delaying our citizenship grants.

My friend applied for citizenship 7 month ago . long story short , he got his Canadian passport last week . ( total 7 month )
he also had trips out of Canada . Funny enough , he was out of country when CIC invited him to take oath .
his brother received the oath letter in mail , and asked him to finish his 2 month vacation and to come back to Canada as soon as possible .

he was not questioned by CIC....funny

obviously , CIC is targeting the innocent people like us .
CIC never catches those who trick the system or even live out of canada .

CIC announced that they have canceled 11000 citizenship in 2012 and 2013 due to various reasons. but i dont even believe this for a second .
they are just intimidating people for no reason .

if CIC is that efficient that its officers can track 11000 people and cancel their citizenship , then how come it takes them forever to find out if we have lived in canada or not even after we submit so called " ridiculous RQ" plus tons of other documents ????

CIC website announces that on july 1st , 3000 people became citizen , even last month , they announced 3000 people became citizen in Scarborough ..... where are these people ? if these numbers are true , then why we were not included ? are we criminals ?

I am so sick and tired of CIC . so many CIC officers have to look at OHIP , phone bills , bank statement in order to find out if we have lived in Canada or not. CIC officers are afraid of losing their well -paid jobs , benefits , pensions and etc..so they are keeping our files in process . This way they can keep their jobs.

I pray God would transform CIC and its decision making officials in a more positive way .
I pray God would stop CIC from playing with innocent people's lives and destinies .

This is my last message on this forum . If i get my oath letter , I will update you guys .
its been almost 6 month since I took my citizenship test .

God bless you all .

timing

Jun 9, 2011
I thought the wait was going to be over. I recently got my test invite. After reading how long oath letters are taking... :(

Application for grant of citizenship - Feb 2012
RQ documents package sent to CIC - May 2013
Test invite received July 11th 2014
Test date July 24th 2014
Office: St.Clair

Nyork

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
They stopped sending oath letters!! How annoying and humiliating cic are!! They treat us like criminals. They leave all those people who really abuse the system and the gov and focus on residency and 1095 days!! Ridiculous

torontores

Jul 10, 2014
I believe our cases in St. Clair are significantly delayed. I have friends who
applied in 2013 and then got oath within 7 months.

I also assume our cases in St. Clair office are deemed suspecious, or they sent questionable cases to St. Clair for further investigation, however, for most cases they cannot find anything .... so they want we people to prove ourselves by staying here for another 3 years... in this way, they do not need to prove anything, we prove it by ourselves.. a good way to save their time and resources...

And now the new law may ask people to declare they are willling to stay here forever.. so CIC can make sure every new immigrate is kept here and they won't lose anyone ...

Nyork

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
I've been waiting for 33 months!! Did the test 4 months ago and have 3 more months to be 36 months. What do they want more?

larine

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if the agent says the result is uploaded and sent to Scarborough .. doesnt mean you will get called very soon. the file can be sent back to local office (st clair)

This what I got this week

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
Nyork said:
They stopped sending oath letters!! How annoying and humiliating cic are!! They treat us like criminals. They leave all those people who really abuse the system and the gov and focus on residency and 1095 days!! Ridiculous
I am upset why they never replied to my message I sent to st.clair office.

torontores

Jul 10, 2014
larine said:
if the agent says the result is uploaded and sent to Scarborough .. doesnt mean you will get called very soon. the file can be sent back to local office (st clair)

This what I got this week
Just wondering, is your case approved by CJ already? How do you know your case is sent back to St. Clair?