+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

Horizon92

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Moe... said:
Probably Yes.
You can call CIC tmrow and ask them if its already approved and granted by judge and kindly let us know.
I asked about it today but he didn't reply , he just said he only knows my test is passed and file is back at local office

vik24

May 15, 2014
Hi All,

Just an update.... St clair RQ test taker..

Applied Sep 2012
RQ June 2013
Test St. Clair Feb 12
Recvd Pink letter Yesterdayfor oath on 26 May @ Scarborough... but am from Mississauga

I was very frustrated too... keep up your hopes your time is coming soon...

Cheers
Vik

toronto60

Mar 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vik24 said:
Hi All,

Applied Sep 2012
RQ June 2013
Test St. Clair Feb 12
Recvd Pink letter Yesterdayfor oath on 26 May @ Scarborough... but am from Mississauga

Cheers
Vik
Congrads

toronto60

Mar 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Horizon92 said:
When did u talk to them? Btw how long does it take to send us any letter after our file is back at local office?
Tuesday i talk with CIC. I don't know how long it will take but thinks are moving now......

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats!!

vik24 said:
Hi All,

Applied Sep 2012
RQ June 2013
Test St. Clair Feb 12

Cheers
Vik

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vik24 said:
Hi All,

Applied Sep 2012
RQ June 2013
Test St. Clair Feb 12
Cheers
Vik
Congratulations to you. When was the last time you had called CIC ? What was your status that time? Was your score showing up in the system and had your file moved to Scarborough already?

Is your online/ecas showing oath upate?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A JH is a detailed interview with a CJ...Possible concerns about your application
It takes on avg 1-6 months for a hearing to occur...
Did you receive a RQ?
What is your timeline ?

Good Luck!

samjohns22 said:
today cic call centre toldy me I will have cj hearing . what dose that mean, I already passed the test

samjohns22

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
hi daktrader, I had an RQ , the interview was ok, the only concern was a duration of 8 months was out side which I declared in my application. in the interview the officer was satisfied, my qr was supported with work, study, papers , medical history of 4 years visits to doctor on monthly bases. my test was on jan. 22. what I should prepar for the hearing, what do I expect questions ?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see, not sure why you having a JH...
Perhaps prepare for it as you have prepared for the RQ...
Tag along all the documents that you submitted for the RQ in additon to any updated papers you may have...

Wish you the Very Best!

samjohns22 said:
hi daktrader, I had an RQ , the interview was ok, the only concern was a duration of 8 months was out side which I declared in my application. in the interview the officer was satisfied, my qr was supported with work, study, papers , medical history of 4 years visits to doctor on monthly bases. my test was on jan. 22. what I should prepar for the hearing, what do I expect questions ?

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samjohns22 said:
You can order ATIP electronic record to see what's going on with your application. What are the concerns and comments from the officers who processed your file.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From Another Forum:

I have been meaning for a while to create a topic that outlines the process of making ATIP requests and highlights the benefits and drawbacks of this practice. For starters, some vocabulary:

ATIP - Access to Information and Access to Privacy Acts which include provisions that enable individual to request government records, and in case of many citizenship applicants - copies of their immigration and citizenship files.

GCMS - Global Case Management System - a portal used internally by CIC to track case progress of each file. This is also referred to in CIC documentation as electronic files.

Electronic Files - record of each application's progress as documented in CIC's internal Global Case Management System.

Paper Files - refers to copies of the actual paper application/binder that constitutes one's application, including all information submitted initially and subsequently (such as RQ responses).

Process Overview
In many cases, when there has not been an update on your application, you may want to request a copy of your case progress report. You have two routes to take in doing so - request is via the Access to Information or the Access to Privacy Acts. The key difference is that requests made under Access to Information Act can apply to either individual files, or some other government information you may want to access. Making requests under the Access to Information option will also cost you $5.00.

Submitting your request
1. To make an ATIP request please visit: <a href="https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/">https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/</a>

2. Once you consent to the privacy notice, make sure you select and fill in appropriate information. The last question on page 1 of the form will ask you how you would like to receive your files. You have two options: by email to the email address you provided, or on a CD delivered to your specified address. This is purely a matter of preference.

3. The following page will ask you to select the Act under which you are making a request: Privacy Act (if requesting info about your own case) or Information Act (if requesting any other type of CIC related information).

4. When asked "Which Types of Records Do You Wish To Request" select case files.

Physical Files or Electronic Files?
The last question on this page will ask you "What Type of Information Would You Like To Request?". You have two options: notes in electronic file or physical file. As mentioned in the definitions above, the physical file will be a scanned copy of your physical application and any other correspondence that may have been exchanged between you and the CIC - it's the actual binder that is sitting in CIC's files waiting to be processed. As such, it likely won't show you much new information and may somewhat delay processing since the file needs to be taken out of the queue, scanned and put back.

For most folks getting the notes in the electronic file is likely the most satisfying option since it will show your file's progress and any notes that may have been entered by CIC staff.

Once you make your selections and submit your request, it should take anywhere between 4-6 weeks for the information to arrive either in your mailbox or inbox.

Repercussions
From what we have seen, there have not been any procedural drawbacks or repercussions to ordering one's own case notes or physical file copies. The only drawback I can think of is the slight delay in that scanning a physical file may add to the processing of an application that otherwise is on a fast-track or within the prescribed normal processing times.

For those who have received RQs, getting copies of these files is almost crucial - to understand exactly what is going on with the application and to further prepare for meetings with judges or other legal proceedings.

It's worth noting that in some cases making a request for copies of your physical file can stir CIC into action, as was the case with one member's application on this forum (can't remember who), who made the request and as a result of having to touch her file the CIC realized that it was in the wrong pile.

samjohns22 said:
thank you guys , what is the web site for ATIP