+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

misspurple

Feb 7, 2014
polash123 said:
Sorry. I shared info based on my experience. Maybe expired background checks may delay oath ceremony. Also it doesn't hurt to call cic once a week to get the update. Just don't believe the 36 months claim.
Thanks! I do call CIC once a week but they don't say much... I guess they don't have a lot of info.

moosh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dossip said:
My wife is still waiting for her letter, but we are in absolutely no panic or stress...don't want to sound insensible, but I feel people are just stressing out just too much, calling CIC call center twice daily (which in my eyes is a source of useless information), requesting AITP, even thinking about legal actions - like really? We all know how slow Govt. works, just put up with this and get alone with life, one fine morning (or afternoon) you will get the letter.....

Is your life really worth worrying for a citizenship oath date? Mine took 3 months from test date and my wife was told to expect it in 2-4 months... I will only be worried if she doesn't get it by end of June.
All of us here will get the Oath letter sooner or later....

In the meantime enjoy the spring !

Nicely put and agreed

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Order your ATIP report to get more clarity on the stage your application is at...

Good Luck!

misspurple said:
Thanks! I do call CIC once a week but they don't say much... I guess they don't have a lot of info.

polash123

May 10, 2014
F.H said:
Hi every one. My test was on Jan 27th. As per cic rep all of our family members applications are approved and granted except one of my daughter's file is still in process because of her background check is required.
Can anyone suggesgt me if i should apply for my atip or my daughter's atip? She is 15 years old
By the way my time line is below.

Application rcvd Feb 2012.
Process started in Sep 2012 and same time RQed.
Rq sent back in oct 2012
Test passed on Jan 27th, 2014
waiting for Oath. :)

I think F.H. gave a good example of explaining the reason for delay in oath ceremony. I don't think it is a serious issue. it will just add 2 or 3 months extra to your whole process. I know it can be painful process at this stage, but hang on there. Your turn will come soon. CHEERS

misspurple

Feb 7, 2014
daktrader said:
Order your ATIP report to get more clarity on the stage your application is at...

Good Luck!
Thanks! That's not a bad idea...

I did submit fingerprints back in October and I was told that if you don't have a criminal record it just takes one day to do a background check, but I'm not sure how long the check is valid for.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All background checks are valid for 1 year inclusive of the FPs.

misspurple said:
Thanks! That's not a bad idea...

I did submit fingerprints back in October and I was told that if you don't have a criminal record it just takes one day to do a background check, but I'm not sure how long the check is valid for.

penpoint

Apr 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dossip said:
My wife is still waiting for her letter, but we are in absolutely no panic or stress...don't want to sound insensible, but I feel people are just stressing out just too much, calling CIC call center twice daily (which in my eyes is a source of useless information), requesting AITP, even thinking about legal actions - like really? We all know how slow Govt. works, just put up with this and get alone with life, one fine morning (or afternoon) you will get the letter.....

Is your life really worth worrying for a citizenship oath date? Mine took 3 months from test date and my wife was told to expect it in 2-4 months... I will only be worried if she doesn't get it by end of June.

No offence my friend, but I don’t know why I’ve pictured you relaxing and sipping your Lemonade next to a swimming pool while writing your previous comment.
You are really good in making logical excuses for the CIC poor performance. BTW, what about the CRA’s performance when they chase people for Tax audit?
Anyways,
I may agree with you, however, what about people with expired PR cards and they can’t leave the country for vacation? what about people who just stuck here can’t move a finger hoping every day to see the pink letter in their mailbox and they never know if they are getting it or another RQ or fingerprints request or even worse ? Moreover, how about people who finished the whole process in just 9 month? Do you think this is fair? Don’t you agree that the new Canadians to be deserve some respect by providing them with a real, accurate and reliable time estimate for their Oath ceremony?

Remember, I’m talking about the period between Test and Oath, not the whole process.

Folks, Please don’t call the call center. The agents are clueless. Just wait for the letter or request an ATIP.

Just my 2 cents.

Good day !

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fully agree with 'penpoint'
I hope everyones misery is over soon...

All the Best!

penpoint said:
No offence my friend, but I don't know why I've pictured you relaxing and sipping your Lemonade next to a swimming pool while writing your previous comment.
You are really good in making logical excuses for the CIC poor performance. BTW, what about the CRA's performance when they chase people for Tax audit?
Anyways,
I may agree with you, however, what about people with expired PR cards and they can't leave the country for vacation? what about people who just stuck here can't move a finger hoping every day to see the pink letter in their mailbox and they never know if they are getting it or another RQ or fingerprints request or even worse ? Moreover, how about people who finished the whole process in just 9 month? Do you think this is fair? Don't you agree that the new Canadians to be deserve some respect by providing them with a real, accurate and reliable time estimate for their Oath ceremony?

Remember, I'm talking about the period between Test and Oath, not the whole process.

Folks, Please don't call the call center. The agents are clueless. Just wait for the letter or request an ATIP.

Just my 2 cents.

Good day !

miaho

Jul 29, 2013
dossip said:

Since 2011 sent in my application, I had made three phone calls to CIC, first was to changed my address at end of 2011. The other two phone call happened to be two days ago to informed them my travel plan. Why called twice daily? Simply Skype die on my first phone call.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no point calling the CIC call ctr.

An applicant is better off applying the ATIP and getting the records themselves (do it every 45 days)
MPs are not helpful; they get the same information that the Applicant can get from the ATIP.

Good Luck!

Horizon92

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Guys,

I just called CIC, finally agent told me that he can see my test result. also he said my file is already transferred to Scarborough for further consideration. He didn't mention any thing about judge approval and so on. what does it mean that file transfer back to local office? is it mean that my file is already signed and approved by judge? cheers

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RQs are processed at St-Claire...
Most likely your file is approved and is transferred to Scarborough for Oath scheduling.

Whats your timeline?

All the Best!

Horizon92 said:
Guys,

I just called CIC, finally agent told me that he can see my test result. also he said my file is already transferred to Scarborough for further consideration. He didn't mention any thing about judge approval and so on. what does it mean that file transfer back to local office? is it mean that my file is already signed and approved by judge? cheers

RoyMarch03

May 12, 2014
miaho said:
Since 2011 sent in my application, I had made three phone calls to CIC, first was to changed my address at end of 2011. The other two phone call happened to be two days ago to informed them my travel plan. Why called twice daily? Simply Skype die on my first phone call.

I completely agree with penpoint.
miaho, I also applied in 2011. It is very frustrating to be waiting so long. What is your timeline?

toronto60

Mar 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Horizon92 said:
Guys,

I was told the same, but there is nothing about the SJ approval .