+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

F.H

Mar 15, 2013
Hi every one. My test was on Jan 27th. As per cic rep all of our family members applications are approved and granted except one of my daughter's file is still in process because of her background check is required.
Can anyone suggesgt me if i should apply for my atip or my daughter's atip? She is 15 years old
By the way my time line is below.

Application rcvd Feb 2012.
Process started in Sep 2012 and same time RQed.
Rq sent back in oct 2012
Test passed on Jan 27th, 2014
waiting for Oath. :)

dossip

Jun 10, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaylink said:
I guess most of the people of this group(February test taker) has got their letter and a few still waiting.
That is why this is running slow. However, I took my test on 10th February.
My wife is still waiting for her letter, but we are in absolutely no panic or stress...don't want to sound insensible, but I feel people are just stressing out just too much, calling CIC call center twice daily (which in my eyes is a source of useless information), requesting AITP, even thinking about legal actions - like really? We all know how slow Govt. works, just put up with this and get alone with life, one fine morning (or afternoon) you will get the letter.....

Is your life really worth worrying for a citizenship oath date? Mine took 3 months from test date and my wife was told to expect it in 2-4 months... I will only be worried if she doesn't get it by end of June.
All of us here will get the Oath letter sooner or later....

In the meantime enjoy the spring !

u2mtv

Apr 25, 2014
dossip said:
My wife is still waiting for her letter, but we are in absolutely no panic or stress...don't want to sound insensible, but I feel people are just stressing out just too much, calling CIC call center twice daily (which in my eyes a source of useless information), requesting AITP, even thinking about legal actions - like really? We all know how slow Govt. works, just put up with this and get alone with life, one fine morning (or afternoon) you will get the letter.....

Is you life really worth worrying for a citizenship oath date? Mine took 3 months from test date and my wife was told to expect it in 2-4 months... I will only be worried if she doesn't get it by end of June.
All of us here will get the Oath letter sooner or later....

Enjoy the spring !
+100000

polash123

May 10, 2014
miaho said:
I called CIC twice yesterday, first news was my application was granted, oath time could take from couple weeks up to till Sep. Second called said test was updated on 29 April and files is now in Scarborough waiting for Oath.

Sent application Sep 2011
RQ Nov 2012
Test 5 March 2014
St. Clair office
Hi! My file was transferred to Scarborough on 29th April and was told my file was approved/granted. After talking to the cic call centre I was given an impression since I was a RQ client I may have to wait from now to 36 months. However, I received the oath letter on 9th of May dated 7th of May for oath on 28th May. So you could receive the pink letter anytime.

misspurple

Feb 7, 2014
Does anyone know what happens after our files are transferred to Scarborough? Does that mean that the judge already looked at our files and we're just waiting to be assigned an oath date? Or do they still need to review our files? Maybe someone that received their ATIP can share some insights regarding the process. Thanks

miaho

Jul 29, 2013
polash123 said:
Hi! My file was transferred to Scarborough on 29th April and was told my file was approved/granted. After talking to the cic call centre I was given an impression since I was a RQ client I may have to wait from now to 36 months. However, I received the oath letter on 9th of May dated 7th of May for oath on 28th May. So you could receive the pink letter anytime.
Thank you!!

polash123

May 10, 2014
misspurple said:
Does anyone know what happens after our files are transferred to Scarborough? Does that mean that the judge already looked at our files and we're just waiting to be assigned an oath date? Or do they still need to review our files? Maybe someone that received their ATIP can share some insights regarding the process. Thanks

I was told my file was approved by a judge and then it was transferred to scarborough on 29th April to be place in que for the oath ceremony. So I guess everything has to be taken care before transferring to scarborough.

misspurple

Feb 7, 2014
polash123 said:
I was told my file was approved by a judge and then it was transferred to scarborough on 29th April to be place in que for the oath ceremony. So I guess everything has to be taken care before transferring to scarborough.
OK, thanks! I wonder why it takes so long then...

polash123

May 10, 2014
kaylink said:
I was told the same as you. My file transfered to Scarborough on 18th March but still no letter.
Sorry. I shared info based on my experience. Maybe expired background checks may delay oath ceremony. Also it doesn't hurt to call cic once a week to get the update. Just don't believe the 36 months claim.