+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,

As know I took test feb 7 2013. I called cic now they told me that they uploaded my test result and my file still in St Clair and still no oath date.... ???

oathie

Mar 10, 2014
Hello SIKI, Just want to check was your file transferred to Scarborough office after the test in St.Claire.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bangloboy said:
The Oath experience was wonderful, great moment and great feeling. You can take family with you - I'm the last one in my family to get the citizenship so today my wife and my dad tagged along. Was in Scarborough - 130pm. The designated area was actually packed including new citizens and their guests. The whole process ended at 245pm and then you can wait to take pics with the judge.

I arrived at 120 and we had to make a line. On the pink letter there is actually a number - that will be your seat number. We then surrendered our PR card and landing document. I took 2 pcs of ID but they actually didn't check that LOL. Once we handed them we went and sat at our numbered seat. My family sat on the opposite side (room was crammed and filled up). Staff was very courteous and judge was in a very jovial mood. We were also given a flag and a pin :) also some nice reading material about Canada to keep and 2 printed letters from Stephen Harper and minister Alexander.

The judge said a few things about our values. Then we all stood up and said our oath together. Then they called our names based on number to get our certificate. Then we sang the national anthem for the first time as a CANADIAN! It was a great great feeling. There was some closing remarks and we were done!

All in all it was wonderful to see all kinds of nationalities (today from 29) and total of 95 new citizens.

Good luck to the rest of you from st Clair awaiting oath dates. You are almost there and now I can say it - to welcome you to my nation of Canada :)

Cheers!
Congratulations! once again to you bangloboy. Thank you very much for all the refreshing information you have provided.

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
oathie said:
Hello SIKI, Just want to check was your file transferred to Scarborough office after the test in St.Claire.
Hey yes it did

canadiansoon

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Does anyone know if the e-cas is updated daily or on a specific day?

I check it like twice a day!

Did my test in St Clair on February 18 and anxiously waiting for my oath citizenship. I am an RQ applicant (submitted RQ in August 2013)

Best of luck to everyone!

4S

Mar 2, 2014
From my experience it could be updated any day in the week Canadiansoon, usually it is done overnight and you can see it the following day as early as 6 or 7am. Although it says in CIC website that it happens once a week (mainly Tuesday), I believe it is no longer the case, at least for now as they need to speed up.

Typically the update would occur if your file is physically moving

The above is my personal opinion and based of my personal experience only (All my e-cases updated during the week days other than Tuesday)

4S

spring

Mar 20, 2014
I got the same answer on Mar,11. But they changed their words one week later. Weird. Just called them. They said it's approved and just wait for the oath.

Passed my test on Jan,30.

canadiansoon

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Questions to those who got their oath (RQ Applicants only)

1. How long did it take between your test and receiving the notice to appear for the oath?

2. When you called the CIC office, what where they telling you before you got the actual letter?

3. When did you submit your RQ?

We, those still waiting anxiously, appreciate the moral support :)

larine

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My citizenship test was in st clair. my file is now in Scarborough. Does it mean I will be called for the oath soon ?

canadiannew

Mar 27, 2008
canadiansoon said:
Questions to those who got their oath (RQ Applicants only)

1. How long did it take between your test and receiving the notice to appear for the oath?

2. When you called the CIC office, what where they telling you before you got the actual letter?

3. When did you submit your RQ?

We, those still waiting anxiously, appreciate the moral support :)
1. As for the most recent answers from the people here, it usually takes 5-6 weeks
2. Some of the people here never called the CIC, they just received the letter and the others that have called, usually the answer is that their file is at Scarborough waiting for the oath to be scheduled
3. You can find all the info here, just read this thread-most of the people here submitted their RQ's from February 2013-September 2013