+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

RoyMarch03

May 12, 2014
Is there any sense in the way applications are processed?
Some from late March already have oath dates while others from mid Feb are still waiting...

adamfiesta

May 3, 2014
Hi ,

Called CIC call center to check if status of my application , the guy that answered the call so frustrated and he was not that professional . He did not bother to check my status or ask me my application # or address to verify the callers . he said it is 6 months wait till September . I m gonna Request ATIP . So frustrated with this non sense response . At least he could have done better dealing with the caller in a professional way :mad:

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
adamfiesta said:
Hi ,

Called CIC call center to check if status of my application , the guy that answered the call so frustrated and he was not that professional . He did not bother to check my status or ask me my application # or address to verify the callers . he said it is 6 months wait till September . I m gonna Request ATIP . So frustrated with this non sense response . At least he could have done better dealing with the caller in a professional way :mad:
Agreed, calling CIC really puts you off. Some of the agents are very lazy and extremely rude. Yesterday, when I told the agent that at the time of my test/interview the officer told to expect ceremony in COUPLE of months. She told me if officer asked to call after COUPLE of months, its after FOUR months. She told me to see the dictionary too for the meaning of "Couple". Imagine her stupidity ???

I told COUPLE means = two or a pair, unless they taught me wrong in my 2 Master degrees and Ph.D, global professional experience.

Bottom line - most of them are a bunch of school drop outs without much education or etiquette. Its too frustrating to deal with them.

dossip

Jun 10, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Agreed, calling CIC really puts you off. Some of the agents are very lazy and extremely rude. Yesterday, when I told the agent that at the time of my test/interview the officer told to expect ceremony in COUPLE of months. She told me if officer asked to call after COUPLE of months, its after FOUR months. She told me to see the dictionary too for the meaning of "Couple". Imagine her stupidity ???

I told COUPLE means = two or a pair, unless they taught me wrong in my 2 Master degrees and Ph.D, global professional experience.

Bottom line - most of them are a bunch of school drop outs without much education or etiquette. Its too frustrating to deal with them.
You guys can always ask for their Supervisor or Manager if you feel you are not dealt with professionally. Just because you applied for citizenship and asking for status of an already delayed process don't mean you will be treated like this. Make the supervisors learn about these.

Sisi2014

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Has anyone been told by CIC agent that their file has been approved and the judge has granted the decision? I was told the above and I'm now waiting for oath letter.

I'm just wondering if anyone has been in that situation.

Would be nice to hear their side of the story.

Cheers

polash123

May 10, 2014
Sisi2014 said:
Has anyone been told by CIC agent that their file has been approved and the judge has granted the decision? I was told the above and I'm now waiting for oath letter.

I'm just wondering if anyone has been in that situation.

Would be nice to hear their side of the story.

Cheers
I have been told my file has been approved/granted and just transferred to scarborough and waiting in que for oath ceremony. So I was expecting a long wait in Scarborough, but my curiosity made me call the call centre next week and once again I have been told that Oath letter just mailed yesterday (May 7th) and then she said are you free on May 28th and then she congratulate me. Now I am Canadian citizen.

Sharon646

May 17, 2014
daktrader said:
Congrats!
Please share your timeline.
Hey,

My timeline is already in the sheet with everybody else.
Here it is for your reference:

Application received: September 24, 2012.

Started processing application on February 4, 2013.

Test: March 17, 2014

Oath: June 10 - Mississauga

I applied with two other family members and only one of was requested a RQ last summer (not me).

DaRulz

Sep 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good news

Just received Oath invitation letter. The ceremony will be held in Mississauga on June 10 at 1:00 PM.

Good luck everyone.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Congratulation to all who just received the oath letter, and

wish good luck for pending application...

applied Jan. 2012.

in process :May 2012.

RQ..March 2013.

RQ replied 2013.

file in process at st.clair office.. total waiting time. 29 months

Sisi2014

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
polash123 said:
I have been told my file has been approved/granted and just transferred to scarborough and waiting in que for oath ceremony. So I was expecting a long wait in Scarborough, but my curiosity made me call the call centre next week and once again I have been told that Oath letter just mailed yesterday (May 7th) and then she said are you free on May 28th and then she congratulate me. Now I am Canadian citizen.
When was your test though?

delpiero

Jan 17, 2014
esteem said:
Hi,
sienatiara, Delpiero, and other Mar 27 2014 Test takers,

Any Updates on your test results uploaded or E-status updated or any other positive status?

No updates from my side.

:(
I am sailing in same boat as you. No updates! Tomorrow, I am planning to CIC guys.
Based on sequence of Oaths in this forum, I think, we will have our Oath sometime in 3rd or 4th week of June!

Halawala

Mar 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DaRulz said:
Good news

Just received Oath invitation letter. The ceremony will be held in Mississauga on June 10 at 1:00 PM.

Good luck everyone.
Congratulation....
Did you aplay for citizenship as a single or family.
I passed my test on March 28 from Stclair.

delpiero

Jan 17, 2014
sienatiara said:
Don't worry. You will get your letters soon.. My letter was dated May 27 and I got it today. Maybe yours is in route and will arrive Thursday or Friday!;)
Hopefully soon! We all are sailing in the same boat! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)