+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at Montreal Office

silversnake

Feb 14, 2018
My wife had her DM on December 5. She’s been waiting since then.

A couple friends applied before her and after her (first was one week before her and second was one month after her). Both got their oath invite and have become citizen.
Thanks for the update, although that's disappointing to hear for your wife.

Does anyone happen to know if they will update the internet website at some point with the actual decision or we really have to wait for a letter in the mail with the decision? Just wondering if I'm wasting my time constantly checking the CIC website for an update on the decision.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
Folks: tonight is the two-week cutoff day before the next oath session in Montreal (Wednesday March 7). If you are at the DM status for more than two weeks, you may get the oath invite late tonight by email and your e-Cas updated early morning.

So keep an eye on your junk folder and check your e-Cas tomorrow during the day.

Best of luck for everyone in Montreal. Please update us if you get the oath tonight/tomorrow!

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Folks: tonight is the two-week cutoff day before the next oath session in Montreal (Wednesday March 7). If you are at the DM status for more than two weeks, you may get the oath invite late tonight by email and your e-Cas updated early morning.

So keep an eye on your junk folder and check your e-Cas tomorrow during the day.

Best of luck for everyone in Montreal. Please update us if you get the oath tonight/tomorrow!
how do you know this? :) so just 2 oaths per month, that would explain the long wait between
my husband had his test last Friday, feb 16th; he was told it would take a few more months maybe 2; i really hope it's before june/july

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
Here's how:

First, the upcoming ceremonies are all listed on the CIC/IRCC website at this address.
Then, from the operational bulletin for citizenship processing, invites are usually sent out 2 weeks in advance.

This means that you need to check the list of ceremonies happening two weeks from now and as such, the next set of ceremonies is happening on Wednesday the 7th (there are more on the 13th, 14th, 23rd and 29th of March) will have CIC/IRCC sending their oath invitation on Tuesday/Wednesday two weeks beforehand...

I bet you some of the people waiting for their oath are going to wake up very happy tomorrow morning...

In your case, I wouldn't expect your oath letter now. I'd give it anywhere between 2 weeks and 4 months as per the stats sheet.

Last edited:

osjacume

Mar 3, 2017
Here's how:

First, the upcoming ceremonies are all listed on the CIC/IRCC website at this address.
Then, from the operational bulletin for citizenship processing, invites are usually sent out 2 weeks in advance.

This means that you need to check the list of ceremonies happing two weeks from now and as such, the next set of ceremonies is happening on Wednesday the 7th (there are more on the 13th, 14th, 23rd and 29th of March) will have CIC/IRCC sending their oath invitation on Tuesday/Wednesday two weeks beforehand...

I bet you some of the people waiting for their oath are going to wake up very happy tomorrow morning...

In your case, I wouldn't expect your oath letter now. I'd give it anywhere between 2 weeks and 4 months as per the stats sheet.
Hope your predictions are correct. On DM for over two weeks now, thanks.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Here's how:

This means that you need to check the list of ceremonies happening two weeks from now and as such, the next set of ceremonies is happening on Wednesday the 7th (there are more on the 13th, 14th, 23rd and 29th of March) will have CIC/IRCC sending their oath invitation on Tuesday/Wednesday two weeks beforehand...

Yes I got invite 6 weeks after my exam. January 24 I’m on March 7 9am got the email yesterday. But initially told me 4-6 months.

Reactions: h3a3j6

silversnake

Feb 14, 2018
Yes I got invite 6 weeks after my exam. January 24 I’m on March 7 9am got the email yesterday. But initially told me 4-6 months.
Do you mean you took your exam on January 24th or you got the invite on January 24th and your oath ceromy is on March 7th?

I'm just curious since I took my exam one week after you

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
Tuesday 13 and Wednesday 14: Two ceremonies each day. Around 1,000 people in total should be invited and many will receive their invitation between tonight and Wednesday. Good luck everybody!

Last edited:

MasterGeek

Jul 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
24-05-2012
Med's Request
24-05-2012
Med's Done....
30-05-2012
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
Did anyone receive an oath invitation Yesterday night or this morning ??

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Here's how:

thanks that's super useful! :) ya i know, your timeline is very realistic, but i still hope ;)