+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NYC VAC - Passport Submission (2-way courier service)

parishjain1234

Apr 5, 2022
Updates:

I received Canada TRV (to visit a friend).

Documents submitted:
1. two copies of consent forms (available for free at VFS office)
2. original, valid passport
3. TRV approval letter (downloaded from my portal account)
4. fees in cash

And if you are applying for a third-country, a visa that shows your legal temporary status (i.e., a tourist visa) there. Goodluck everyone.
Hi,

I shall be sending my passport to NYC VAC and I am in the United States on a tourist visa - I noticed that you mention to also attach the status of my legal stay here (US Visa Copy).
I am just wondering where you got this information, I have looked everywhere and they don't normally request it (just curious, though I ofcourse can provide my visa copy)

Also - would appreciate a lot if you could share your timelines from sending to receiving back.

Thanks

parishjain1234

Apr 5, 2022
yes the return label would be generated by the VAC. You need to keep the payment receipt of the label generated which will have a reference id , with which they would generate return label. Also 2 copies of consent form needs to be attached in the application. Also you need attach 22.80$ Money order if the biometric not submitted at NY VAC in case you are applying from US
Hi,

Would you be kind to share your timelines please? I have to plan my travel and it would be helpful to know how long does the stamping is taking at NYC VAC.

Thanks

kpat60

Aug 8, 2022
Hi,

I shall be sending my passport to NYC VAC and I am in the United States on a tourist visa - I noticed that you mention to also attach the status of my legal stay here (US Visa Copy).
I am just wondering where you got this information, I have looked everywhere and they don't normally request it (just curious, though I ofcourse can provide my visa copy)

Also - would appreciate a lot if you could share your timelines from sending to receiving back.

Thanks
Hi,
Are you planning to send your passport via courier to the NY VAC? I am on a tourist visa too in the US and need to send my passport to VAC for Canada visa stamping. I was not able to generate labels on the VAC website, were you? I am not receiving response to my emails from the VAC office to check on the exact process to send the passport. Are you planning on sending a money order with the VAC fess + return courier fee? is that the instruction you received too?
Thanks

parishjain1234

Apr 5, 2022
Hi,
Are you planning to send your passport via courier to the NY VAC? I am on a tourist visa too in the US and need to send my passport to VAC for Canada visa stamping. I was not able to generate labels on the VAC website, were you? I am not receiving response to my emails from the VAC office to check on the exact process to send the passport. Are you planning on sending a money order with the VAC fess + return courier fee? is that the instruction you received too?
Thanks
HI, yes my case is same but I haven't received a PPR yet so I have not yet tried the courier thing. I have my medicals done last week and people say I should receive PPR very soon.

However, what is the EXACT problem you are facing in generating the courier labels? Is it that you are unable to make account on "https://www.vfsglobal.ca/PostalAppointment/" or is this problem coming after you make account but something later?

Reactions: kpat60

kpat60

Aug 8, 2022
HI, yes my case is same but I haven't received a PPR yet so I have not yet tried the courier thing. I have my medicals done last week and people say I should receive PPR very soon.

However, what is the EXACT problem you are facing in generating the courier labels? Is it that you are unable to make account on "https://www.vfsglobal.ca/PostalAppointment/" or is this problem coming after you make account but something later?
After making an account, it won't allow to login and asks to activate the account through email confirmation. but there is no confirmation/account activation link sent to the email. Its very confusing.

Last edited:

parishjain1234

Apr 5, 2022
After making an account, it won't allow to login and asks to activate the account through email confirmation. but there is no confirmation/account activation link sent to the email. Its very confusing.
I understand. I believe someone else on this group is also having similar issues.
Actually it’s possible they are having technical issues nowadays as I randomly made the account a few weeks ago (in my pursuit of exploring the procedure) and it worked fine then. I am able to login into the account and apply for a 2-way return courier.
However, ofcourse since I don’t have PPR as of yet, I have not paid for it.

parishjain1234

Apr 5, 2022
HI all,

Anyone recently worked this out successfully ? I wish to know how long would it take end-to-end, from posting it to receiving it back

Thanks in advance

hari-007

Jan 15, 2023
My Experience:
  1. Online application submitted from US to Canada temporary visa (Visitor) on 11/26/2022 in the portal
  2. While submitting application I paid total of 185 CAD in the portal, Paid in USD with my Apple credit card (~$138) (Greedy to get cash back - 1)
    1. 100 CAD for Visitor Visa
    2. 85 CAD for Biometric
  3. Got my biometric collection request immediately and submitted the biometric info on 12/06/2022 by booking my nearest Application Support Center (Which are US gov related and support Canada gov applications biometric collections).
  4. Got the Biometric confirmation letter on 01/10/2023 in the portal, also received Original Passport request form in the portal on same date.
  5. Starting passport request for Canada Visit visa today (01/15/2023) in the portal.
  6. Went through stack-exchange and read out the passport request form and understood to do below things:
    1. Find any available VAC centers in my current resident country (Which is US). So, I used the link provided in my passport return request document. Which is > https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport.html
    2. Read the whole page and then selected U in the country name initial list of alphabets for "where to submit" and then it just took me to the section of United States in the Same page and then found some important points along with the link: Those are
      1. With your passport(s), make sure you include:
        1. the passport request letter you received from IRCC;
        2. the visa application centre (VAC) fees (VACs charge service fees to send your passport to the visa office);
        3. your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address; and
        4. the VAC consent forms (available on their Web site).
      2. Find your closest VAC
    3. Finding VAC consent form is tricky, I am able find it from the new VISA application link > https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/apply-visa and second option of "Begin your application" section contained hyper link on instructions about this step.
    4. I downloaded that consent form and filled it electronically and saved it in my local for the time of courier
    5. Also, I created a simple PDF with word doc of my contact information as requested from above point 6.2.3
  7. Now I clicked on Find your closest VAC and navigated to VAC location selection page. Where I filtered the NewYork location which is 1 out of 2 (California is the other one). I click on the hyperlink of country column and it navigated me to > https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/
  8. After some through view of the website menu and home page options, I went to "Additional services" which I need to go.
  9. Here I found the "By mail"options is what I needed and below are the things I found out: (Couldn't found out about the amount of money for VFS Services (USA) Inc. and just navigated to Two-way courier service hope to generate a label)
    1. Can deposit Cashier/Banker check or Money order. Payment instruments should be made in favor of “VFS Services (USA) Inc.” Instrument prepared and sent with incorrect name or any other name will not be entertained.
    2. **Two-way courier service : To avail this service, please click here
  10. Link is taking me to a vfsglobal.ca portal postal appointment route with logIn to that account page (Didn't pasted the session query param unwanted full URL). URL > https://www.vfsglobal.ca/PostalAppointment/Account/RegisteredLogin?******************
  11. Since I don't have an account created one by clicking on "New User?" with same email (I though it should needed to pull in some info from gc.ca portal) and then activated the account by email verification link click.
  12. Immediately I tried to login and it didn't worked. So, then I started doing google and started writing this whole story by creating an account !!!!. Some how when I reached to this 12th point I tried the above 9.2 link and loggedIn somehow suddenly it worked. My guess is that after you create account may be you need to give it sometime to have it background jobs complete or so.
    1. While freaking out and doing some google, I found this stack-exchange post says don't create Two way courier with Fedex > https://travel.stackexchange.com/questions/135383/sending-passport-for-canada-visa-process-to-new-york#:~:text=Canadian Visa Application Centre – New,by mail or in person.
    2. Somehow this vfsglobal portal is only providing Two-Way courier with Fedex services. As this is a private organization and that stack-exchange post is old (around 2019, and yes since I am in 2023, 2019 is old to me) I went with only provided option.
  13. In that portal Two way courier services it asked me couple of things to finish, those are :
    1. It asked me two dropdown things and I have chosen below bold which are:
      1. Center:
        1. NewYork
        2. LosAngels
      2. Application category:
        1. Original Passport Submission
        2. PRTD
        3. Study permit
        4. Temporary resident
        5. Work Permit
    2. After submitting those options, it is asking me for "Add Applicants". I clicked the button and it populated most of my info except my Date of Birth, I just entered it and it added my as application for that two-way courier service
    3. Then in the same page, it asked me choose more options like : Courier service with only one drop down option of VFS Offered Courier service and the second one is Courier provider which is Fedex only one selected as default and unchangeable. I click on continue and it showed me fee to be paid in USD $77.00. Click continue or submit (I forgot !!!)
    4. Don't be ideal on this portal, you just need to select quickly and proceed. Cause I was typing here and waiting there caused my session timed out. So, below are the next steps I did.
    5. Provide your shipping address. (I paused for a second on what is shipping address is it VAC center or Canada visa processing center or my home address. Then my introvert mind reminded me that it is my Home address as the courier service knows where to send but not where to ship it back once he process completed. So, I entered my shipping address)
    6. Then it asked me to pay for the $77.00, I used my Apple credit card to pay for it (Greedy to get cash back - 2). Then it navigated me to application reference number of this Fedex service and also provided me a receipt of Application confirmation to download the payment confirmation and address to be returning. I downloaded that for reference.
    7. Now in the below text it is instructing me to choose a left side menu option of Download Courier labels and recommended me to print it for next steps. Also given this Note: System will generate only incoming label (from You to CVAC). Outgoing label will be generated by CVAC on the day of dispatch of your documents back to you (from CVAC to you). For detailed info, refer instructions on application confirmation letter.
    8. Now, I clicked on Download Courier Label. Here it asks for application number (which you saved earlier), Email and phone number to get the courier label with transaction ID. Make sure you downloaded it and saved it properly (before you call it a day and going to have some fun in youtube or twitch).

Here are my questions:
  1. What is the amount and how do we pay for the VAC to process my original passport from above point 6.2.2 which i noticed ?
  2. As I already paid, Visa Application fee of $100, Do I still need to pay for the above VAC point 6.2.2 ?
  3. What is the amount to be paid for "VFS Services (USA) Inc." for providing this portal with courier service from above point 9.1 ?

Last edited:

hari-007

Jan 15, 2023
  • After a thorough online search, I found a link in Finland to Canada VFS global processes and used that URL part to US to Canada and got my questions addressed. Here is the link > https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/buy-services
    From this link, as of today (01/17/2023) I have to do the money order/ cashier check of 23.30. In order to do the money order, I have to find the payee name, address and amount. So, far I know the payee name and money but not the address. So, I just checked the vfsglobal portal and went the appointment tab of NewYork and used its address as payee address.

So, I just checked the vfsglobal portal and went the appointment tab of NewYork and used its address as payee address. Cause I am done with crazy online searches and assumptions. Finally below is the things I am doing it:
    • Address: 145 WEST 45th street, 4th floor New York, NY 10036, USA
    • Name: VFS Services (USA) Inc.
    • Money: 23.30
  • Next step is to print out the forms and then send them with Fedex using generated courier label. Below are the documents and count of copies i am going to send: (I read somewhere in online that they recommend to send VAC consent two copies, so sending everything two copies just for safe side)
    • 2 - passport request letter\
    • 2 - VISA application center fees (Money order or cashier check)
    • 2 - my contact information
    • 2 - VAC consent forms
    • 1 - passport
Will reply after I get any reply.

misterpankaj2002

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Here is complete details, I got email step by step

=================
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for contacting VFS Canada Visa Information Service Centre for United States of America.

If you are located in the United States of America and have received the passport request letter from IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada)In order to submit your passport or documents to the Canada Visa Application Center(CVAC), you have three options:

1 – In person without appointment, passport submission and decision envelope collection directly at the Canada Visa Application Centre:

At the Los Angeles Canada Visa Application Centre: between 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday to Friday

At the New York Canada Visa Application Centre: between 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday.

2 – Through the courier company of your choice, such as USPS, DHL, UPS, FedEx, etc.

If you choose to send your passport this way, you have two options to receive your passport back, once the process finishes:

• Pay for the One-Way Courier Service: $38.10 USD by a money order, or bank draft, in favor of VFS Services USA Inc.(This money order must be inside the package along with your passport and documents).
TT Services/VFS Global has an agreement with FedEx, offering a preferential rate to our customers for the return of their passports, only within the USA

This service is optional, if you do not wish to take advantage of it or if you are not inside the USA, then please include:

• Attach a prepaid shipping label from USPS, DHL or UPS.(FedEx labels will not be accepted).
  • From outside the USA, please attach an international prepaid shipping label, from DHL or UPS.(FedEx label will not be accepted).
3- Purchasing the TT Services/VFS Global two-way courier service (only within the USA):

First, you will need to create an account on the website:

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/PostalAppointment/Account/RegisteredLoginq=shSA0YnE4pLF9Xzwon/x/CQ1P0LBKn66dLdNUfueK+wj/xwjQV05sWPtysuvzK33qrK3eXshT1TAgsu3oVBZovxbG4hegjVxPtRK4ehNyPck+V525rUvI5fmDu7unjO/

When accessing the portal, please complete the registration and proceed selecting your preferred center to mail your application. You can choose between Los Angeles and New York Canada Visa Application Centre.

And select “buy two-way FedEx labels”, and then select “original passport submission”.

Fill out all your information, and there it will request you to enter “your shipping address” there you will need to enter your return address, the address where you will receive your passport back.

Kindly note that all the information will be purged from the portal after 10 days, your login information included, hence, make sure you print or download your label and confirmation letter as soon as you receive it.

Once you complete the process and make the payment online, you will be able to print the FedEx label (addressed from you to the VAC). The label for the returning of your documents will be created locally at the Canada Visa Application Centre.

Please drop off, or send to the Canada Visa Application Centre in a single envelope, all the following documentation:

• The passport request letter you received from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
  • The original and valid passport.
  • Your contact information on a single sheet of paper, including your email, phone number and return mailing address.
  • Two copies of the TT services consent form; fill out and sign by hand, you can find the form at the following link: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/apply-visa , in the step-by-step guide, in step number 1 you will find the link to this form.
  • If you purchase the two-way courier service, do not forget to attach a printed copy of the payment invoice, thrown by the system just at the moment of paying with your card.*
The below charges must be paid, by card directly at the Canada Visa Application Centre in person, or in the form of a Money Order or Cashier’s check, in favor of “VFS Services (USA) Inc.” Fees must be in US dollars:

• Package transmission (per passport): $23.30 USD (Only if you did not have to provide your biometrics, or if they were taken at a Canada Visa Application Centre other than the one where the passport will be sent).
  • Short Message Service (SMS) per applicant – $2.50 USD (Optional).
It is recommended to use a padded envelope to mail your documents and make sure it is thoroughly sealed. Multiple envelopes for multiple applications are allowed withing a single package.

To confirm the information provided, please visit our website: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/apply-visa

Los Angeles mailing Address:

Canada Visa Application Centre.

8530 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 450.

Beverly Hills, CA 90211.

New York mailing Address:

Canada Visa Application Centre.

145 West 45th street, 4th floor.

New York, NY, 10036.

For more detailed information, please visit our website: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/

Please feel free to get in touch with us in case of further information on your Canada Visa Application. For Email, please visit our website’s Contact Us page and we will get back to you within two (2) business days.

You may call our Canada Visa Information Help line on: +18882964511 between 8am to 4pm local time from Monday to Friday, excluding declared holidays or chat with our agent by visiting our website given below.

In our constant efforts to enhance the customer satisfaction level we request you to send us your valuable feedback on the response provided. Please click below on this link to give feedback on the Email services,

https://www.vfsglobalcustomerexperience-ca.com/VOA/FeedbackWeb/Index?formID=7&countryID=57&missionID=7

Best regards,

----------

VFS Canada Visa Information Service Centre – United States of America

----------

VFS GLOBAL

EST. 2001 | Partnering Governments. Providing Solutions.

For more information please visit our website https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/usa

VFS Global is operating on behalf of TT Visa Services

----------